+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history - Do I need to scan expired passport because of stamps?

Gabriel000

Nov 27, 2017
Hello,
In my travel history, I included all my international travels from last 10 years, however my old passport expired on 2016. My current one has only the recent travels.
Should I scan the old passport too and include in my post-ITA documents?
If so, should I also mention this expired passport in my travel documents form?

Thanks.

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
The passport request section only asks for current travel document; so I'm going to say you probably don't need to scan your old passport. It would be nice if someone else could confirm this.

Reactions: upon

vicky1989

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
What does it mean ur action is required when open the portal . File submitted on 13 Jan 2018 msg got today

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
I scanned both my old and current passport because my old passport had travel stamps. I believe its better to include both passports because it establishes the travel history in case they want to tally it with the information you provided in the profile.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hello,
In my travel history, I included all my international travels from last 10 years, however my old passport expired on 2016. My current one has only the recent travels.
Should I scan the old passport too and include in my post-ITA documents?
If so, should I also mention this expired passport in my travel documents form?

Thanks.
IRCC does not request it, however, depending on the case I would advise to include it.

For example, if your current passport only has 1 stamp and the old one has other visas and stamps. I think it's wiser to include it and avoid getting requested to submit it later on.

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey guys. I am in a sort of similar situation. I uploaded only the current valid PP scan, as is asked for on the IRCC portal. I do not see any where they ask for expired passports. My passport that expired 5 years ago has travel stamps. My new passport has none. I submitted my application with only new passport scan upon looking at the instructions - Upload legible copy of valid passport that you will use for traveling. Not sure whether I should upload via webform now or whether it is not needed at all.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I have travel stamps from my expired passport and those travels were declared in my application. I didn’t upload it as IRCC only asked for the current passport. IRCC didn’t asked for it either during the duration of my application.

Reactions: Abhi1982

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I have travel stamps from my expired passport and those travels were declared in my application. I didn’t upload it as IRCC only asked for the current passport. IRCC didn’t asked for it either during the duration of my application.
thankyou so much for clarifying. This is such a relief. I think many people try going overboard when it comes to submitting proofs. all that creates a lot of confusion.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
thankyou so much for clarifying. This is such a relief. I think many people try going overboard when it comes to submitting proofs. all that creates a lot of confusion.
Can’t blame some applicants as we all want to pass without hiccups. :) also if you have travels between country of residence and country of citizenship (if different), you don’t need to declare those either.

florbv77

Nov 19, 2018
How about if you've just obtained a new passport but your old passport is still valid (about to expire in 6 months and the Canadian visa was stamped in the expiring passport)? Do you need to upload both?

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
How about if you've just obtained a new passport but your old passport is still valid (about to expire in 6 months and the Canadian visa was stamped in the expiring passport)? Do you need to upload both?
While the IRCC instruction clearly states that you need to share the passport which you will use to travel with (which means only the latest). But it does not matter if you send both (you need to mention info about why you are sending two). thats it