+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel between the period of PR Visa & PR card.

Bisu

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello

I have a general question and willing to understand that if I received the PR Visa stamping on my passport and yet to get the PR card, can I travel back to my home country and come back later in 6 months between this period.

Currently I have a open work permit & temporary resident VISA which would be valid until the time i come back.

Please advise.

Thanks
Bisu

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bisu said:
Hello

I have a general question and willing to understand that if I received the PR Visa stamping on my passport and yet to get the PR card, can I travel back to my home country and come back later in 6 months between this period.

Currently I have a open work permit & temporary resident VISA which would be valid until the time i come back.
Hi

Once you land as a PR, your work permit and TRV will no longer be valid. If you leave Canada before you get your PR card, you will need to either have it mailed to someone in Canada who can they mail it to you abroad or apply for a PR Travel Document in your home country.

Bisu

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Thanks for your response, my status is i am already in canada with a work permit. So can i still travel back once i get the PR visa and come back to canada just with the PR VISA without a PR card.

satwant08

Jun 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 12, 2010
AOR Received.
September 9, 2010
IELTS Request
IELTS Done
Med's Request
Jan 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 5, 2013, RPRF encashed March 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 14, 2013
LANDED..........
July 13, 2013 at Pearson Airport
Bisu said:
Thanks for your response, my status is i am already in canada with a work permit. So can i still travel back once i get the PR visa and come back to canada just with the PR VISA without a PR card.
If your PR visa is not stamped yet and when you go back home and then get the visa stamped on your passport, you can travel back to Canada on that PR visa, and your work permit will be canceled. When you return to Canada on PR visa, you will get the PR card after 72 days.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bisu said:
Thanks! do you know usually how long is the PR VISA valid for?
Usually the visa and COPR are valid for 1 year from the date of the medical.