+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Authorization Mail/Letter required for Spouse to travel on SOWP along with SP holder ?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I have been granted a SP and my spouse has also received her SOWP. We are planning to travel together in Mid-October. Read in some other forums that some airlines may ask for job offer and authorizations etc before boarding flight from India. Is this true ? Does the spouse need any additional letter of authorization etc from IRCC before travelling, especially if we are planning to travel together ? Job offer is out of the question as she doesnt have any such offer.. Appreciate help on this query.

Reactions: sarab1402

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
AFAIK written authorisation is for reuniting with family member not required if you are going with your spouse. I have seen people requesting written authorisation even though they are travelling with spouse just to be on the safe side.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
AFAIK written authorisation is for reuniting with family member not required if you are going with your spouse. I have seen people requesting written authorisation even though they are travelling with spouse just to be on the safe side.
Thanks, so to be on the safe side, how does one get hold of this letter ? Is it a IRCC webform or a mail to Delhi Immigration office , how does it work ?

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Thanks for the update

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
After September 7 all fully vaccinated tourists and other visa holder are allowed to enter Canada.
I hope Canada will remove the flight ban as well.

Reactions: shinoyvj

MHtoAB

Apr 26, 2021
I have been granted a SP and my spouse has also received her SOWP. We are planning to travel together in Mid-October. Read in some other forums that some airlines may ask for job offer and authorizations etc before boarding flight from India. Is this true ? Does the spouse need any additional letter of authorization etc from IRCC before travelling, especially if we are planning to travel together ? Job offer is out of the question as she doesnt have any such offer.. Appreciate help on this query.
Same situation. My understanding is no need for offer or authorization.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Same situation. My understanding is no need for offer or authorization.
I tried looking up the categories on the Webform, and there is no such option to request for an Authorization letter for a SOWP companion. Its either for a Visitor Visa or PR family member etc under sponsorship trying to justify a non-discretionary travel.

My take is that if your spouse is accompanying your first trip, you dont require this letter. But its best to check with your airlines to avoid any ugly surprises on flight day.