+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translations - Spanish to english

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Okay, here's my most recent headache... (Hi Curina!)

I recently brought some documents to a Consular office here in Montreal and they totally messed up on the translations I needed to submit with my husband's application to CIC. Not completely messed up but I asked for the translations in english (and I re-iterated it several times) and they took the liberty to do them in french (go figure)... apparently they "don't translate to english because it's too difficult" (?!?!?!?). I haven't yet paid for the services and I'm debating taking them somewhere else and having them done properly, the way I first requested, in english. Only thing is me submitting the application has been postponed several times due to various delays and I don't know if I should just accept them as is (in french)?

Question is, does anyone know of any decent companies here in Montreal that do translations (spanish to english). I never thought it would be this hard to find one!?

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
www.dialogos.ca

I used them for my husband's PR stuff. They were good and fast, and I faxed the documents, I paid by Visa and they mailed the documents back.
Pretty easy. I am planning on using them again for a change of name.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

msgomez said:
Okay, here's my most recent headache... (Hi Curina!)

I recently brought some documents to a Consular office here in Montreal and they totally messed up on the translations I needed to submit with my husband's application to CIC. Not completely messed up but I asked for the translations in english (and I re-iterated it several times) and they took the liberty to do them in french (go figure)... apparently they "don't translate to english because it's too difficult" (?!?!?!?). I haven't yet paid for the services and I'm debating taking them somewhere else and having them done properly, the way I first requested, in english. Only thing is me submitting the application has been postponed several times due to various delays and I don't know if I should just accept them as is (in french)?

Question is, does anyone know of any decent companies here in Montreal that do translations (spanish to english). I never thought it would be this hard to find one!?
Note you can submit documents to CHC/CIC in either French or English. So spanish documents translated to French are fine.

PMM

M

med

i agree with PMM documents in french or in english are accepted , they use both languages , if u llom at at the application instructions u will find that , good luck

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Hi there! I have to get some letters-of-reference (among other things) translated from Spanish to English/French, as well... I'm curious as to what is the procedure for notarizing/authenticating these translations? The list is:
PCC
Birth certificate
6x letters of reference
1 letter from my lawyer
about 10 emails

Thanks once again for all your help, and good luck to all!!

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
There's not really a specific procedure... you just need to ensure they're translated by a certified translator. That's it! Where are you located?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey cdarroch , I will help you with what I assume I know.
Email: doesn't need to be notorized
The lawyer letter: I guess he can notorize it by himself assuming that he can write it in english or french.
for the other, I guess they need nothorizing, but I don't where , it is up to the country where are you
Hope I was a little help for you, good luck

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
We're in Panama right now, but she's flying to Canada on thursday and I'm going to surprise her by joining her on Friday with this application and a proposal :D And you guys?
One more quick question - what is a "certified" translator? Certified by whom?

Thanks for the tips - much appreciated!!

Good luck to you :)