+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferred to Seattle

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winxcharles said:
wow!!!! congratulations!!!! i'm so happy for you!!! i hope and pray that i can receive an email for ppr too since we have almost the same timeline!!! godbless!!!
Thanks man, wish you good luck and get your PPR soon too!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sri78 said:
Congratulations....!!!!!! long waited moment.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D
Thanks Sri78 :) yea we've all been waiting for so long!
I sent Seattle an email on 10 Feb and got PPR on 16 Feb. I don't know if there is any relevance between those two but I would say if it's been too long since transferring to Seattle, send an email asking them nicely and they will reply.

I'll be still following up this thread and waiting for good news from you guys :)

Braves31

Oct 26, 2011
What a good news!!

Congrats!!!!!

Can I ask you a question?

After we get ppr,

If we go to Seattle office directly, can we get our passport stamped right away?

I heard that Buffalo office does.

jrjayl said:
Hi guys,

I just got email from Seattle asking for submission of passport :)
After 15 months ... finally. So don't worry guys! Seattle is slow but it is moving so be patient and PPR is on its way!

Good luck to all!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man!

As for the question, I don't think so, on my PPR email, it says:

Passports may be brought in on Thursdays between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Bring this message when you come in and take a number for General Enquiries. You will be called to a window to submit your passports. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SAME DAY SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Your passports and visas will be ready to be picked up between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm the FOLLOWING Thursday. If you do not come to the Consulate to pick up your passports, they will be returned to you by regular mail unless you arrange to have them returned to you using one of the premium services described below.

Braves31

Oct 26, 2011
Thank you for your quick reply..

Can I have one more question for you.?

Has your e-cas status changed to like... " file started processing on some date" and to "in process"?

Because my ecas is still the same.

still 'applecation received" and last line is " medical results received"

jrjayl said:
Thanks man!

As for the question, I don't think so, on my PPR email, it says:

Passports may be brought in on Thursdays between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Bring this message when you come in and take a number for General Enquiries. You will be called to a window to submit your passports. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SAME DAY SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Your passports and visas will be ready to be picked up between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm the FOLLOWING Thursday. If you do not come to the Consulate to pick up your passports, they will be returned to you by regular mail unless you arrange to have them returned to you using one of the premium services described below.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, My ECAS shows "In Process", and inside it says

We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 7, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

winxcharles

Oct 10, 2011
jrjayl said:

i just want to ask why seattle asked you for an updated RCMP? because my Police clearance was expired FEB 15 2012 as well as my husband... do you think Seattle will ask for another police clearance?? thanks jrjayl and congrats again! ;D

vman

May 28, 2010
congratulations jrjayl!

I have one question... did the email state any deadline of when you have to send in your passport?

I am due to travel to Europe in three weeks and will be out of Canada for ten days. So i'm wondering if that will potentially put my vacation on hold. I'm not going to ruin my PR (providing I get approved!) for 10 days in Europe!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winxcharles said:
i just want to ask why seattle asked you for an updated RCMP? because my Police clearance was expired FEB 15 2012 as well as my husband... do you think Seattle will ask for another police clearance?? thanks jrjayl and congrats again! ;D
I think because my first RCMP was submitted in 2010 they think it's too old and want an updated one.
If yours are expiring FEB 15 2012 I don't think they need a new one. My case is that mine is really too old.

Thank you too and best of luck! Keep us updated!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vman said:
congratulations jrjayl!

I have one question... did the email state any deadline of when you have to send in your passport?

I am due to travel to Europe in three weeks and will be out of Canada for ten days. So i'm wondering if that will potentially put my vacation on hold. I'm not going to ruin my PR (providing I get approved!) for 10 days in Europe!
Yes, it did. As follows:

You must provide your passport(s) to our office within 30 days of the date of this message. Failure to do so could result in significant processing delays or the closure of your file.

If you have to travel outside Canada, you can still contact the visa office and state your reason, they will give you an extension but I would recommend that you do the travel after receiving your PR.

vman

May 28, 2010
Thanks jrjayl,

I have emailed them about my travelling situation a couple weeks back but no reply.

I guess I will just have to wait and see, if I don't get to travel, then so be it.

30 days is a good sized window, I was concerned it would we a 14 day window.

bcpnpvan

Feb 17, 2012
congratulations jrjayl,

I have a question , by the way what doc's did
they requested from you on 23 dec. 2011 ??
About my self, I received email from them on 19th jan 2012 that your have been transferred to Seattle ...etc
So still waiting for my PPR, So It's been only 30 days yet..but my concern is what else now they might ask for ? I sent them RCMP on dec 19 , 2011 as per their request on Dec 02,2011 via email from Ott-pilot.immigratation .. On the other side I received email on Jan 19 2012 that ur file transfer to seattle ..
I applied under BC PNP skilled worker

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bcpnpvan said:
congratulations jrjayl,

I have a question , by the way what doc's did
they requested from you on 23 dec. 2011 ??
About my self, I received email from them on 19th jan 2012 that your have been transferred to Seattle ...etc
So still waiting for my PPR, So It's been only 30 days yet..but my concern is what else now they might ask for ? I sent them RCMP on dec 19 , 2011 as per their request on Dec 02,2011 via email from Ott-pilot.immigratation .. On the other side I received email on Jan 19 2012 that ur file transfer to seattle ..
I applied under BC PNP skilled worker
They requested updated RCMP. Cos my RCMP was really old and they need a new one. As per your case, I don't think they will request this anymore. Just wait patiently and you'll hear from them soon.

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
jrjayl said:

Congrates, jrjayl! That is definetly a good news for all of us. So did you receive the PPR by mail or by email?