+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer to NY - what does that mean?

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
I applied under FSW in Jan 2009 to Nova Scotia, Canada from US. They send me the eligibility and asked me to send the completed application to Buffalo - which i did in May 2009 along with IELTS score. Today i received the email that

""In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General

1251 Avenue of the Americas

Concourse Level

New York, New York 10020-1175

The Canadian Consulate General in New York will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. ""

what does that mean in the process ?? will the medical request and passport request should be expected soon ??

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi ,

Great news finally they started taking 2009 files . 2 months more and you will get ur medicals .

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi

which category u fall ? DO U have AEO ??? because your case seems very fast. I filed to Buffalo 0n 15th sep. after cio approval . let s see what happens???

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
Hi

which category u fall ? DO U have AEO ??? because your case seems very fast. I filed to Buffalo 0n 15th sep. after cio approval . let s see what happens???

Hi bravoo,

Based on his previous posts, he falls under FSW 1 :

abingc said:
I am getting ready to file under the FSW 1 category from US ( iam on h1b - software), i believe i have to send the docs to CIU NS Canada directly. Are the following attachments enough:
a) All application forms
b) fees - i wonder how to get canadian casher's check made in US - will banks do?
c) do i need a cover letter - any one has any format to share?
d) Mailing labels - can i simply print my address in english in the middle of a letter size page - make 2 copies and send that
e) Although the application forms have space for photos but the instructions say do not send now ??
f) i was planning to mark No in IeLTS - do i send them any letter to explian that now or later?
abingc,

It is a good sign, you might be getting your medicals within 2 months or less if everything is fine with your documents.

By the way what does your e-case show ?

That is pretty fast for Buffalo cases !!

Good luck.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
bravoo said:
Hi

what do you mean by AEO ?

I applied under FSW ( I am on h1b in US) under Systems Manager category. So, in effect the application reached buffalo in May 2009 and this activityhas happened only now - someone mentioned fast enough ...? I thought it was slow... anyways...

My online status has not changed and still refelects that under review and received by buffalo

In the email they also mentioned that do not ask for status of this application from NY till 90 days. don't know what is the significance...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abingc said:
what do you mean by AEO ?

I applied under FSW ( I am on h1b in US) under Systems Manager category. So, in effect the application reached buffalo in May 2009 and this activityhas happened only now - someone mentioned fast enough ...? I thought it was slow... anyways...

My online status has not changed and still refelects that under review and received by buffalo

In the email they also mentioned that do not ask for status of this application from NY till 90 days. don't know what is the significance...
AEO means "Aranged Employment Offer" FSW category 2, based on your previous posts, you stated that you applied under FSW category 1 (means that your job title "occupation" falls under one of the 38 list of jobs announced by the immigration minister).

Your case is pretty fast comparing to Buffalo applicants, your application reached Buffalo on May, 2009 and they sent you a letter yesterday saying that your application has been transfered to NY office, it means that they finished the visa office eligibility review and are going to start processing your application at NY office to speed up the process for your application since Buffalo is overloaded by the applications and might take longer to process the application.

By the way, they asked you not to inquire about the status of your application before 90 days at NY office to allow enough time for the file transfer from Buffalo to NY, so that NY will have your entire package and be able to answer any queries in that regard.

A

ankit0uc

professional 1 said:
AEO means "Aranged Employment Offer" FSW category 2, based on your previous posts, you stated that you applied under FSW category 1 (means that your job title "occupation" falls under one of the 38 list of jobs announced by the immigration minister).

Your case is pretty fast comparing to Buffalo applicants, your application reached Buffalo on May, 2009 and they sent you a letter yesterday saying that your application has been transfered to NY office, it means that they finished the visa office eligibility review and are going to start processing your application at NY office to speed up the process for your application since Buffalo is overloaded by the applications and might take longer to process the application.

Just to clarify- Application are getting processed in order they were received at buffalo ie. based on the date application got transferred from Nova Scotia. It has nothing to do with document submission date!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit0uc said:
Just to clarify- Application are getting processed in order they were received at buffalo ie. based on the date application got transferred from Nova Scotia. It has nothing to do with document submission date!!

Actually I do not understand what is the point that you are trying to add because no one talked about the electronic file transfer from CIO to the local visa office !

Anyway, the processing time begins when the visa office decides that the applicant is eligible for processing (based on the final determination of eligibility).

A

ankit0uc

ankit0uc said:
What I am saying is that -at Visa office applications are picked up in order in which they are received from Nova Scotia. In other words your document submission date has no bearing.

For example Person A's file was transferred from Nova Scotia to Buffalo on Jan 10th 2009 and he or she submitted doc's on May 10th ,2009.

While Person B's file was transferred from NS to Buffalo on Feb 15th, 2009 and he /she subitted doc's on March5th 2009.

Now A/c to you Person B's file would be processed earlier as his/her docs reached earlier. But A/c to me(as I have experienced this and I have couple of data points to support it) person's A's file would be picked up first as his/her file reached buffalo first.

I hope I made my point clear!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit0uc said:
What I am saying is that -at Visa office applications are picked up in order in which they are received from Nova Scotia. In other words your document submission date has no bearing.

For example Person A's file was transferred from Nova Scotia to Buffalo on Jan 10th 2009 and he or she submitted doc's on May 10th ,2009.

While Person B's file was transferred from NS to Buffalo on Feb 15th, 2009 and he /she subitted doc's on March5th 2009.

Now A/c to you Person B's file would be processed earlier as his/her docs reached earlier. But A/c to me(as I have experienced this and I have couple of data points to support it) person's A's file would be picked up first as his/her file reached buffalo first.

I hope I made my point clear!
No man that is not true,

"For the purpose of calculating processing times, processing only begins when the visa office
determines the application is eligible for processing. The clearest indication of this is with the entry
of “PSDEC 1” (eligible) at the visa office. Once PSDEC 1 is entered, processing time begins.
Accordingly, processing times for Skilled Worker applications are measured from PSDEC 1 to
either SELDEC 5, 6 or FINDEC 1, 2, 4."

The source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Page: 12

According to the above information, processing begins only when the visa office determines that the applicant is eligible, how can they determine that he is eligible before they receive his supporting documents ?

A

ankit0uc

I am sorry but I think I am talking oranges and your are talking apples!

Well, waiting time in buffalo is pretty much 1 year. Which means your application sits in a Q for almost a year before it is decided that it is eligible for processing. After this eligibility reviewyour application is placed in processing.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit0uc said:
I am sorry but I think I am talking oranges and your are talking apples!

Well, waiting time in buffalo is pretty much 1 year. Which means your application sits in a Q for almost a year before it is decided that it is eligible for processing. After this eligibility reviewyour application is placed in processing.

Do not explain to me what processing time means, i know the answer already, and keep the oranges and apples for yourself.

You said the following :

ankit0uc said:

Which means that they at the local visa office are going to put person (B) documents (which were received first) on hold and not starting processing it until they get person (A) documents (which were received after person B) or maybe are not received yet.

and that is completely wrong if you have an official source of your claim, provide it, if not, do not give me what you think.

A

ankit0uc

Well that's the reality.

I submitted my application to Nova Scotia in Jan 09. and i submitted my doc's on May 15 2009. My case at the moment is IN process. While I know lot of people on this forum, who filed to NS in Feb 09 and submitted doc's by end of march and their files are still waiting for eligibility review.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit0uc said:
Well that's the reality.

I submitted my application to Nova Scotia in Jan 09. and i submitted my doc's on May 15 2009. My case at the moment is IN process. While I know lot of people on this forum, who filed to NS in Feb 09 and submitted doc's by end of march and their files are still waiting for eligibility review.

That is not because of the above case, it depends on the application itself "individually" case by case.