Tracking PNP Feb 2013 applications to CIO Nova Scotia

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aman3467 said:
Thanks gn53914,

Your answer gives me some courage to apply for her visa.

Aman
You would be totally fine friend. Additionally, here is another option for you, just read it in November post for an applicant in similar situaiton as you. Never knew this was an option as well. Here is the link and user id is Calainp
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tracking-pnp-november-2012-applications-to-cio-nova-scotia-t123290.3975.html

My wife got her PR (Visa stamped) in India at Chandigarh Visa office and I have sent my passport to Ottawa for PR visa.

Visa officer from Ottawa called me on Friday (14th June) and he facilitated all the process. He told me he will coordinate with Chandigarh Visa office to get pr for my wife so that we dnt have to bother to bring her passport here. He told me to send my passport to Ottawa and I will get it back in 3 weeks.

I have to land first as principal applicant and only then my wife can come to Canada.

Good luck!

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Can anybody help me about this.
CIC asked me to submit PCC from UK. I lived in UK for 9 months.
I am in Canada right now.

How I can get PCC form UK.
One more thing. I sent my home country (Pakistan) PCC along with Canadian PCC. But now they are asking to submit Pakistani PCC as well.

I don't understand why.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzad2002 said:
Can anybody help me about this.
CIC asked me to submit PCC from UK. I lived in UK for 9 months.
I am in Canada right now.

How I can get PCC form UK.
One more thing. I sent my home country (Pakistan) PCC along with Canadian PCC. But now they are asking to submit Pakistani PCC as well.

I don't understand why.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Info reg PCC from UK : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp.

armitaf

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to talk to my manager, he is still willing to send me to UK for the 5 days training but the only problem is if my passport from CEm is not yet returned.

I decided to send my passport to CEM today instead of asking for an extension, since immigration is my focus and UK training would just be a bonus.

Regards to all

aman3467

Jun 13, 2012
@Shahzad

I believe any country you live in for more than 6 months, you have to submit a PCC for them. You might be able to get away with that in some cases but why take the risk to slowing your file down? Also, you can contact any UK consulate and they will be able to assist you with getting PCC.

Aman

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aman3467 said:
@ Shahzad

I believe any country you live in for more than 6 months, you have to submit a PCC for them. You might be able to get away with that in some cases but why take the risk to slowing your file down? Also, you can contact any UK consulate and they will be able to assist you with getting PCC.

Aman
Well, I know I have to submit PCC from UK and I talked with the department in UK. But I was wondering why did they ask for PCC from Pakistan when I already submitted it.

aman3467

Jun 13, 2012
How old was the PCC? Sometimes when it is over 1 year, they like to see a fresh one of it. I know its a pain to get another PCC from Indian or Pakistani Embassy, but not much you can do about it.

Mercy4life

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2012
Nomination.....
September 6, 2012
AOR Received.
April 11, 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
April 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 20th, 2013
Med's Done....
May, 24th, 2013
Passport Req..
October 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 15th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2014
Hi All!
Received Medical Request on May 21st and did it June 15th. Kindly update spreadsheet accordingly. Thanks.

westzhu

Aug 11, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
2232 Mechanical Engineering Technologist
App. Filed.......
30 Jul 2012 to SINP ; 21 Feb 2013 to CIO
Nomination.....
05 Feb 2013 SINP
AOR Received.
02 Apr 2013
Med's Request
05 Apr 2013
Med's Done....
09 Apr 2013 ; "Med Rec'd" 16 May 2013
Passport Req..
"In Process" 21 June 2013 ; "PPR" 15 Oct 2013;
VISA ISSUED...
"Decision Made" 14 Oct 2013 ; "Visa Issued" 15 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Mercy4life said:
Hi All!
Received Medical Request on May 21st and did it June 15th. Kindly update spreadsheet accordingly. Thanks.
Congrats and updated!

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aman3467 said:
How old was the PCC? Sometimes when it is over 1 year, they like to see a fresh one of it. I know its a pain to get another PCC from Indian or Pakistani Embassy, but not much you can do about it.
My PCC from Pakistan was valid for 3 months. They issued it on 11 feb and I sent it on 5 April so I don't think it was expired.

gosmanu321

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
26-3-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Passport Req..
12-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
31-4-2014
Maybe it expired during the processing of your file that is why

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gosmanu321 said:
Maybe it expired during the processing of your file that is why
I agree with you but it was still valid for another 40 days when it reached Ottawa.
Second, PCC is valid for 90 days and processing is 6 months minimum so obviously it gets expire.
So many people send their PCC with their file so that also gets expire by the time their reach mid of the processing.

Never know what they are doing. Hope all is well

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzad2002 said:
I agree with you but it was still valid for another 40 days when it reached Ottawa.
Second, PCC is valid for 90 days and processing is 6 months minimum so obviously it gets expire.
So many people send their PCC with their file so that also gets expire by the time their reach mid of the processing.

Never know what they are doing. Hope all is well
Shahzad,
Ideally they shouldn't have asked for it. Once CIC receives PCC in 3 months from date of issue, it is valid up-to 1 year but in your case I assume the request came because of missing UK PCC. 2 things could have happened: (a.) they overlooked your Pakistan's PCC or (b.) They want to proceed ahead with Security/Criminal check phase only when you have all PCC related credentials present. (UK PCC made available) and i.e. why the request for Pakistan PCC as well. You may get away with sending UK PCC and a cover letter explaining that you already submitted your Pakistan PCC but if I was you I would not take the chance and submit both new/fresh PCC together.

Good luck!

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gn53914 said:
Shahzad,
Ideally they shouldn't have asked for it. Once CIC receives PCC in 3 months from date of issue, it is valid up-to 1 year but in your case I assume the request came because of missing UK PCC. 2 things could have happened: (a.) they overlooked your Pakistan's PCC or (b.) They want to proceed ahead with Security/Criminal check phase only when you have all PCC related credentials present. (UK PCC made available) and i.e. why the request for Pakistan PCC as well. You may get away with sending UK PCC and a cover letter explaining that you already submitted your Pakistan PCC but if I was you I would not take the chance and submit both new/fresh PCC together.

Good luck!
I'm working on both PCCs. But I was just asking why they told me to submit another one. Getting PCC from Pakistan is not a problem I will get that tomorrow and that is easier than UK PCC.
For UK PCC I sent mail today which cost me obviously more than Pakistani PCC and it will take about 20-25 days for whole process. I will send both. But you never know what they want.

Thanks for your information.