+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking PNP April 2012 application to CIO (Nova Scotia)

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
Eddream said:
Hi Guys,

I have seen some valuable information in this thread and had a question in mind.
I recently sent my application to CIO through AINP Family stream.
I filled in the payment form to process my application fees and filed my application. I later realized that I could pay my PRPF online. My question is: once the AOR is issued from CIO and UCI issued, can I send them the fees at a later date even if the file is transfered to the local V.O?
Hi Eddream,

I will strongly advice that you wait until you get correspondence from your VO. I remember seeing a line on my AOR-CIO that future correspondence should be with my VO...Meaning that once you pass the basic check then it is better to deal directly with your VO. Hope this helps

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Hi Believing,

Thanks for the feedback.
this is quite confusing since on the local V.O website they mention that the payment should be made to CIO for the Permanent residence fee. Kind of confusing :-\

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
believing said:
Sorry about that punk. I have updated the TS and can you please let me know under which stream you applied?

Thanks
I applied under Master Stream !

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
Eddream said:
Hi Believing,

Thanks for the feedback.
this is quite confusing since on the local V.O website they mention that the payment should be made to CIO for the Permanent residence fee. Kind of confusing :-\
@Eddream,

My understanding is the fact that you have already sent your application to CIO with the initial processing fee...right? If you said online option of paying then I am not aware of that cos I applied outside Canada and I am assuming now that you are witin Canada. As far as I know for those of us applying from outside I don't think there is an online option of payment. May be other forum members should contribute. I wish all the best. Just a note of warning don't send to CIO if you don't have your UCI or application number....it will be difficult to track and hence my advise that you should wait for your AOR which obviously will have your UCI.Even if you are paying to local VO...how do you intend to proof the payment to your name without a UCI? Thanks and all the best.

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
This is from the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada:

"Note: If you are a federal skilled worker, federal investor, Quebec-selected skilled worker or provincial nominee applicant, you must send payment to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You cannot pay online.

You also cannot pay online if you are applying under the Canadian Experience Class."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

For those who did not pay RPRF together with Processing Fee at CIO, it shall be the responsibility of the respective Visa Office to ask for RPRF at a later date.

boozee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
believing said:
Hi Eddream,

I will strongly advice that you wait until you get correspondence from your VO. I remember seeing a line on my AOR-CIO that future correspondence should be with my VO...Meaning that once you pass the basic check then it is better to deal directly with your VO. Hope this helps
. Hi believing I want to ask u smthng as u Hv applied in CIO i also Hv to apply in CIO aft I get my nomination under family category frm snip I want to inquire wht aim supposed to write in uci because I don't knw abt it please advice me ? Regards

gurminder

May 11, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvG0iy7l9DMbdEdialdxdFR3TS1XT0liVFljY21PTkE#gid=0">New Delhi PNP 2012-13</a>
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012
Doc's Request.
08-10-2012(Sponsor passport & proof of funds submitted)
Nomination.....
LOA Received Dtd 24-10-12
AOR Received.
Ist AOR CIC-NS 05-MAR-2013, IInd AOR from NDVO 27-Jun-2013 [<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsRLPEaX_tE_dG42Q3FwdXZBbjdhU21wdHMyM3IwVlE#gid=0">JAN 2013 CIC-NS</a>]
IELTS Request
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArY_aHkJjmL_dFdOLXhST2VOYkwtNUgxczR2eFRVd0E">MPNP 2012</a>
File Transfer...
To NDVO 27-Jun-2013, To Colombo 26-Nov-2013
Friends,
I hve not received my LOA but...but as the time utilization , I am preparing my self for application at CIC, Nova Scotia...
Following queries if any one may answer....

what I have to write in the following columns of Generic IMM0008ENU_2D Form:
1 As I have only Given name i.e Gurminder Singh on my passport. And there is not any family name on my passport.
If I fill the Gurminder Singh in given name Column and left blank the family name column, then form could not be validated.
What I have to do for completion of Form.
2 Whether the following documents,we have to submit at CIO, which were already submitted to MPNP office.
settlements Funds, Experience certificates,Qualification Certificates,Language ability test.
3 Weather we have to send original passport with application at this stage.

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
punk said:
I applied under Master Stream !
Ok Punk. I will update the TS

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
boozee said:
. Hi believing I want to ask u smthng as u Hv applied in CIO i also Hv to apply in CIO aft I get my nomination under family category frm snip I want to inquire wht aim supposed to write in uci because I don't knw abt it please advice me ? Regards
@Boozee..leave it blank. I left my blank when sending my application to CIO cos I did not have any UCI number. I will recommend you read the guidelines for filling this forms. I bet it is straight forward once you can grab what's the requirements are. You can find the guideline here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp
cheers

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
gurminder said:
Friends,
I hve not received my LOA but...but as the time utilization , I am preparing my self for application at CIC, Nova Scotia...
Following queries if any one may answer....

1 As I have only Given name i.e Gurminder Singh on my passport. And there is not any family name on my passport.
If I fill the Gurminder Singh in given name Column and left blank the family name column, then form could not be validated.
2 Whether the following documents,we have to submit at CIO, which were already submitted to MPNP office.
settlements Funds, Experience certificates,Qualification Certificates,Language ability test.
3 Weather we have to send original passport with application at this stage.
Hi Gurminder
Let attempt to answer your questions. your given name(s) is your first name i.e what your parent calls you and I assuming here it is Gurminder and your family name is your surname i.e your father's name to make it simple. Under your given name column you can add any other names you have that is if you have one if not just type in your name only and Singh under family name.

Secondly, please follow strictly the checklist and submit ONLY what the checklists says, CIC said we should not attach unnnecessary documents if they dont ask for it. for your benefit the checklist can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

Thirdly, You are not required to send your original passport at the stage. Just send photocopy at this point.

I hope this helps

gurminder

May 11, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvG0iy7l9DMbdEdialdxdFR3TS1XT0liVFljY21PTkE#gid=0">New Delhi PNP 2012-13</a>
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012
Doc's Request.
08-10-2012(Sponsor passport & proof of funds submitted)
Nomination.....
LOA Received Dtd 24-10-12
AOR Received.
Ist AOR CIC-NS 05-MAR-2013, IInd AOR from NDVO 27-Jun-2013 [<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsRLPEaX_tE_dG42Q3FwdXZBbjdhU21wdHMyM3IwVlE#gid=0">JAN 2013 CIC-NS</a>]
IELTS Request
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArY_aHkJjmL_dFdOLXhST2VOYkwtNUgxczR2eFRVd0E">MPNP 2012</a>
File Transfer...
To NDVO 27-Jun-2013, To Colombo 26-Nov-2013
believing said:
Hi Gurminder
Let attempt to answer your questions. your given name(s) is your first name i.e what your parent calls you and I assuming here it is Gurminder and your family name is your surname i.e your father's name to make it simple. Under your given name column you can add any other names you have that is if you have one if not just type in your name only and Singh under family name.

Secondly, please follow strictly the checklist and submit ONLY what the checklists says, CIC said we should not attach unnnecessary documents if they dont ask for it. for your benefit the checklist can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf

Thirdly, You are not required to send your original passport at the stage. Just send photocopy at this point.

I hope this helps
Thanks @believing...
But anyone may please clarify the first query only......Any one with the same Problem.
Again the question is:

1 As I have only Given name i.e Gurminder Singh on my passport. And there is not any family name on my passport,this column is left blank on my passport.

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
gurminder said:
Thanks @ believing...
But anyone may please clarify the first query only......Any one with the same Problem.
Again the question is:

1 As I have only Given name i.e Gurminder Singh on my passport. And there is not any family name on my passport,this column is left blank on my passport.
Gurminder, dont worry same is the thing with me. My passport also has Given name and no Surname. Therefore, in my application's Generic form i entered Singh as my Family name and Gurminder as my Full Name. I have already got confirmation from CIO that my application is complete so you also do the same, also if you have any dependent in your application with only Given name then do the same for them.

Also as suggested by believing make sure you follow the link and complete all forms mentioned there. Once you do that you are done. cheers :)

Cheers,
ASJ

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Hi Believing,

My sister in Canada sent my application to CIO and will be payin for the residence fee since she is in canada. So, can she do it as soon as a UCI is issued from CIO right?

hsabharwal

May 8, 2012
Hi

I applied for the federal with my sinp nomination on April 18 ,with the buffallo consulate closing I am wondering would it make an delay to the Med request or the Med request is sent from the CIO

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Update from my side....I was done with my medical tests today (May, 29). It cost me $385.00 ;D. I got the appointment fairly quickly. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours to complete the test. It was simple and hassle free. I was partially naked for the exam though :-[. I am expecting my results by Friday.