Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Became Canadian today. Long Journey is over now. 8) What should I do first as a Canadian? :-\ Thanks Guys and Good luck to all who are in the process of being Canadian.
Congrats !!!

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
I applied in June 2015. Had my test in Dec and received CIT 0520 during my interview. Sent back the documents the same month. My Ecas showed DM on February 5th. I received my oath letter recently to have my oath in April. I was a few day short for physical presence( self-declared). My local office is the Expo office in Vancouver. Good luck everyone, I hope you the best in your journey!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
hvakili said:
I applied in June 2015. Had my test in Dec and received CIT 0520 during my interview. Sent back the documents the same month. My Ecas showed DM on February 5th. I received my oath letter recently to have my oath in April. I was a few day short for physical presence( self-declared). My local office is the Expo office in Vancouver. Good luck everyone, I hope you the best in your journey!
Congrats !!!

VEN_Mavo

Jul 17, 2015
My ECAS finally shows "Decision Made"! A surprising update because my test was on March 04, and the status changes somehow during the weekend!

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VEN_Mavo said:
My ECAS finally shows "Decision Made"! A surprising update because my test was on March 04, and the status changes somehow during the weekend!
Today, I got also my E-cas updated to DM, I passed my test and interview on December 07, 15. It's very long because I got fingerprint request after my test, hope to receive oath invitation shortly !

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victoria2016 said:
Jcyj,

Congratulations!

When you click DM, any further update?

Thanks.

Thanks Victoria,

There are no change when I click DM right now, I checked my case last Friday, it was still in process. I'm already very happy with this update this morning, I hear when fingerprint was asked, it usually takes long time to get an update. I sent my FP in middle of January, 2016.

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
It looks like that the ECAS for many applicants with different local offices was updated over the weekend
at the same time :)

What a pleasant coincidence! :D

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On behalf of my son and I,we'd like to thank everyone who'd put their inputs,time, knowledge and guidance, that made this journey an easy-er and fulfilling one.

Today,on my Ecas,I've gotten our oath ceremony date! It will be on March 23 @9AM. Long wait is almost over.

Thanks again everyone!

PS I'd like to give a special shout out to Ojeola for you're patience and wisdom! Thank u! :D :D :D

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
My test is tomorrow and I'm curious. Are the questions they ask exactly as these practice online questions or they are just samples?

Does anyone know what happens if you fail?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
sheydogo said:
My test is tomorrow and I'm curious. Are the questions they ask exactly as these practice online questions or they are just samples?

Does anyone know what happens if you fail?
Trust me, if you read few times the "Discover Canada" you will certainly pass, dont worry. ;D

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Atif.Ayub said:
Finally we got the test invitation. Still haven't received the package. Here is the ECAS update:

We sent you a notice on February 18, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 7, 2016 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I and my wife took the test yesterday in Mississauga. Test was a breeze. We read the Discover Canada book a couple of times and took a number of practice tests at www.citizenshipcounts.ca. we also looked at some flash cards on the same site.

The interview was detailed. The officer went through our passports and asked us general questions about work and travel. Also looked at the exit and entry stamps on our passports.

We are looking forward to the Oath Taking Ceremony invitation.

While it aint over, we are almost there...Thank you all for your support through the journey especially Miriam T and Ojeola :)

collkev09

Mar 10, 2016
Hey everyone,

This is probably my first and maybe last post on here. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your information and advice about this entire process. I've been visiting this site since May of last year when I made the decision to apply and finally had the means to in July 2015. I know this is the june thread but July seemed dead while you guys were proactive. I had my citizenship exam done this past tuesday and 20/20. Best feeling ever. I wouldn't have been calm throughout this process if it wasn't for this site/forum. Here is my timeline:

TORONTO
Applied: July 23
AOR: July 27
IP: Oct 8
Letter of Exam: Feb. 23 (Scarborough)
Exam: Mar.8
DM: ??
Oath:??

Thank you guys for all your help. :) To all those waiting.. Patience! It will come!

Fabi_yukon

Mar 10, 2016
Just thought I would share my timeline as it was somewhat unique to what I've seen posted before:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 5, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 12, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on January 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 9, 2016 at 1:04 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

I've received my notice to write the test and with it a note that said that if I had passed the test and everything was okay with my file, I'd take the oat the next day (which was today!)
I have just taken the oat btw YAY!!! ;D

I am in Whitehorse and this was done through the Vancouver Office.

I just thought it was interesting as I hadn't seen the short turn around between test and oath before.

Also wanted to point out that during my interview with a CIC officer after the test, the stickler was the fact that I said I was out of the country twice during my time as PR, but there were no stamps on my passport whatsoever, so I had to provide them with my airline tickets, and that was enough for them. If I didn't have any proof of leaving and coming back, I think it would've taken longer.