Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Mount212 said:
Thanks a lot Canadiandesi2006 for the valuable information you have provided. I m also preparing for the exam next week.
"Discover Canada"

I missed answering other part of your question. Most of the questions will be based on "Discover Canada". If you read that few times you are sure to pass the test, remember historical dates, geography, our political system and important past leaders, you are OK.

If you got an old "Discover Canada" booklet it might have outdated questions and answers, unless you recently downloaded from CIC site.

As long your answers are current and correct, you need not worry. For example, the old booklet may say our PM is Steven Harper but now our PM is Justin Trudeau. If you use that discretion, you are on right path.

Wish you all the best.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
maulikinjal said:
Guys any mississauga applicant still left for test? I saw there were couple test invitations for mississauga. I am scared. I haven't got one yet. :( :( :( :(
\

I am from Mississauga and still havent heard anything

kharposhti

May 26, 2015
I have submitted my application in June 2015 and it is still in process status. My PR card will expire in July this year.

My question is should I renew my PR card? It seems the processing time for citizenship applications is less than a year, so I dont want to go through the process of renewing PR card if I get the citizenship. But I am concerned that the citizenship application takes more than a year.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mani_01 said:
Hi guys ,
I got test on 1 march 2016 . suggest what to do?
regards!
manish
Read,understand and re-read the "Discover Canada" Study Guide at least 3-4 times from cover to cover. That's what I did,and I'm sure lots of us who have already taken the test will tell you the same thing. I did a few of those free online practice tests too. But my actual test questions was nowhere near those questions on the practice test.

Goodluck!!

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made, 22nd Dec'2011
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
Just cleared my citizenship test, eagerly waiting for the oath.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kharposhti said:
I have submitted my application in June 2015 and it is still in process status. My PR card will expire in July this year.

My question is should I renew my PR card? It seems the processing time for citizenship applications is less than a year, so I dont want to go through the process of renewing PR card if I get the citizenship. But I am concerned that the citizenship application takes more than a year.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

where is your local office? I submitted my application in June 2015 as well and I'm from Vancouver.. are you in the old application or new rules? probably just wait for another month or so, then I would suggest to renew your PR card if they still didn't send you test invites or any updates in your application.. you don't wanna have an expired PR because just in case you have to travel right?

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kharposhti said:

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Just to let you know, I have submitted mine june 8, they received in june 10, had a exam on sept 23 and became citizen feb 5.. most of the june applicants had their test for sure and invites.. but of course it depends on the local office, some are faster some are slower.. I know how depressing it is sometimes..hope it will come soon for you

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys Just passed my exam with 19/20 :). Relieved. and bit nervous now . waiting for the final letter from CIC started now (Oath Letter). CJ told me that she is approving my application and granting citizenship. do I need to worry for any other thing or all cleared? :-X

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Guys Just passed my exam with 19/20 :). Relieved. and bit nervous now . waiting for the final letter from CIC started now (Oath Letter). CJ told me that she is approving my application and granting citizenship. do I need to worry for any other thing or all cleared? :-X
My CJ told me that oath request may be received with in 6-8 weeks, it may be before as well.

Jan 31, 2016
ganeshterala said:
Just cleared my citizenship test, eagerly waiting for the oath.
Buddy did cic receive your fingerprints??? coz i also had my test n passed it but citizenship officer told me that they didnt receive my fingerprints yet......coz we been asked for fingerprints at same time.... what about yours????

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
ASPIRANTCANADIEN said:
Buddy did cic receive your fingerprints??? coz i also had my test n passed it but citizenship officer told me that they didnt receive my fingerprints yet......coz we been asked for fingerprints at same time.... what about yours????
My CJ checked for my fingerprints and told that he received them and no issues. All clear is what he told me.

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
feelfreetoadviceme said:
I passed my exam today but officer did not ask for my fingerprint. ...
Did CIC ever requested you for your fingerprints? They usually do not request for all applicants.

I was asked to submit mine, which I did.

ganeshterala

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th May'11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
4th Apr'2012.
ASPIRANTCANADIEN said:
You can follow up on your fingerprints status. email should be on the document issued to you while you submitted your fingerprints. All the Best.