+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
Ojeola said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Oath letter received for January 26th. It took about 6-7months in total, It been a great privilege being part of this forum from "Study Permit - Work Permit - PR - Citizenship". I will still be around to answer ANY questions or offer my suggestions.

Good luck to Everyone.
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS OJEOLA. THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD AS WELL. CAN YOU PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT KIND OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BRING WITH US ON THE TEST DATE AND IF YOU HAVE TIME CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR THE CITIZENSHIP TEST AND INTERVIEW AND WHICH DOCUMENTS YOU TOOK WITH YOU. I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO WRITE THE TEST IN MISSISSAUGA. JUNE 2015 APPLICANT. THANKS AND ALL THE BEST WISHES TO YOU.

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
kam2009 said:
Thank you and I am using that site to practice right now :)

1 more question - In terms of original docs that I need to take... I'm taking my passport, pr card, landing paper, driver's license, health card, proof of language. Is there anything else that I need to take?
KAM2009 I JUST HAPPENED TO SEE YR POST AS YOU WERE INVITED TO WRITE YR CITIZENSHIP TEST. CAN YOU PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT AS TO WHAT KIND OF QUESTIONS WERE YOU ASKED AND HOW LONG WAS THE INTERVIEW AND WHAT DOCUMENTS YOU TOOK WITH YOU. THANKS

threecommas

Jan 18, 2016
Just a tip. Don't shout at the citizenship officer, like you're shouting at us. (In Internet speak, CAPITAL LETTERS == shouting) ;D

They might ask standard questions about your job, what your average day is like, who you live with it, etc. Basically any easy question like this, mainly to see if you can speak English or French fluently.

They also check your passport and other documents to see if everything is as expected.

Take all the documents specified in the letter that they send you (and maybe any other docs you submitted alongside your application).

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Mount212 said:
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS OJEOLA. THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD AS WELL. CAN YOU PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT KIND OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BRING WITH US ON THE TEST DATE AND IF YOU HAVE TIME CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR THE CITIZENSHIP TEST AND INTERVIEW AND WHICH DOCUMENTS YOU TOOK WITH YOU. I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO WRITE THE TEST IN MISSISSAUGA. JUNE 2015 APPLICANT. THANKS AND ALL THE BEST WISHES TO YOU.
As earlier stated by other forum members, make sure to take ALL the necessary documents pertaining to your application. It better to be OVER prepare than UNDER prepare. All the Best.

Mferweez

Dec 23, 2009
At last I got my oath invitation -Mississauga office
Wish all who are still waiting , that you get to the end of your citizenship journey soon.
Timelines
June 9th -Application received
August 1st -acknowledgment letter sent
September 17th -start processing
December 5th - test
February 20th ,2016 oath ceremony (Toronto university-Mississauga)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I understand after Oath you need to allow at least 48 hours for the details to be updated on system.

Therefore, you are required to wait for next 48 hours before you can apply. In the meanwhile, you may consider keeping filling up your passport form, photographs taken, have required guarantor's and references signatures to submit after 48 hours. Cheers !!!
I applied passport right after my oath and yes they did accept it... Went to the passport office in person and its all good Cheers and best of luck to everyone

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Mferweez said:
At last I got my oath invitation -Mississauga office
Wish all who are still waiting , that you get to the end of your citizenship journey soon.
Timelines
June 9th -Application received
August 1st -acknowledgment letter sent
September 17th -start processing
December 5th - test
February 20th ,2016 oath ceremony (Toronto university-Mississauga)
Congrats !!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
leycute said:
I applied passport right after my oath and yes they did accept it... Went to the passport office in person and its all good Cheers and best of luck to everyone
Congrats !!!

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
leycute said:
Congratulations. Seems your CIC office now have the automated CIC database which makes it easier and faster for applicant's information to be entered into the system once the ceremony is completed. It took me about 3days for my information to be added.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
FINALLY ECAS IS UPDATED: 4JUNE TO 26FEB (APPROX: 8 MONTHS)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 25, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on October 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6) We sent you a notice on February 3, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on October 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6) We sent you a notice on February 3, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Congratulations

cgrey

Feb 3, 2014
malimm0a75 said:

Congratulations! What city? ;)

Hatcoco

Aug 25, 2010
Finally,

App Sent 08 June 2015 From Calgary with 1095 days
App Received 10 June 2015
AOR 6 August 2015 via Postal Mail
In Process 28 August 2015
Test 18 November 2015
Decision Made 26 November 2015
Oath 29 February 2016

Thank you so much everyone and all the best.

kam2009

Jan 18, 2016
Mount212 said:
KAM2009 I JUST HAPPENED TO SEE YR POST AS YOU WERE INVITED TO WRITE YR CITIZENSHIP TEST. CAN YOU PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT AS TO WHAT KIND OF QUESTIONS WERE YOU ASKED AND HOW LONG WAS THE INTERVIEW AND WHAT DOCUMENTS YOU TOOK WITH YOU. THANKS
Hey Mount212, I brought all my original documents that I used in my application(passport, pr card, landing, IDs etc). As for the interview... I didn't have an interview, I signed a form, he told me my test score and told me I should expect my oath invitation in the mail. He didn't look at any of my documents. That whole process took about a minute, I was a bit confused tbh, but he said everything is fine and I could leave.