Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
MithuShun said:
Dear members,

I do not know how to post a new question and I did not see any common post for August 2015 application. Therefore, I am posting this question here. Please forgive me if this is wrong and move to the appropriate section.
You could post it in the thread for applicants under the 4/6 rule, since there's no specific one for August applicants and this thread is for June applications.

"Citizenship Applications (Under new rule - 4 out of 6 yrs)" - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-applications-under-new-rule-4-out-of-6-yrs-t345668.0.html

MithuShun said:
We applied for the Canadian citizenship on August 13th (Me, wife and one kid) and I received the whole documents and refusal letter from them stating following reason:

The passport(s) or travel document(s) provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of
your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) or travel
document(s) you have had during the relevant 6 year period'

We landed in Canada on June 14th 2007 (skill migration). My passport has been expired on August 2009, my son's passport expired on September 2010 and wife's passport expired on August 2014. Me and my son never visited to any countries since we landed. My wife visited to back home and stayed there only 3 weeks in 2012.

Wife has renewed her passport once. Me and my 10 years old son have not renewed our passport at any time and we do not have any other passport

Also I can see the authorities put a stamp / seal on some of the documents and photos and what does that mean?

Please kindly advise us on what we should do now? Do we need to send any letter and what we should state in that letter? We are really in panic now.
"3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)
. . .
Note: If your passports and/or travel documents have any gaps in the time they cover during the past six (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent, attach an explanation."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

There's no need for panic, it's stated in the instruction guide that you should've explained the gap(s).

Does the stamp look like the following?

This is just the stamp they receive once they reach the case processing centre. And the above picture is from my very own application that got returned to me when I initially applied (and did not send back) because of a couple months gap in between passports, heh.

Priya selvaraj

Jun 10, 2015
My Ecas Status Changed to Inprocess Since Sep 4th
It says we Started Pricessing ur Application on Sep 4th 2015
I tried updating in Tracker but unfortunately I couldn't do it
Can anyone plz Update the tracker for Me
Thanks in Advance

mani_01

Aug 15, 2015
Hi Everybody,
I want to go to out of Canada let say for 2 months .I got my aor on 10 august .Will it create in processing of my application.

Regards!
Manish

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Priya selvaraj said:
My Ecas Status Changed to Inprocess Since Sep 4th
It says we Started Pricessing ur Application on Sep 4th 2015
I tried updating in Tracker but unfortunately I couldn't do it
Can anyone plz Update the tracker for Me
Thanks in Advance
Congratulations. You should be able to update your information now.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
mani_01 said:
Hi Everybody,
I want to go to out of Canada let say for 2 months .I got my aor on 10 august .Will it create in processing of my application.

Regards!
Manish
"Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?

Yes. There is not a requirement to stay in Canada while we process your application. Please also note that if you applied on or after June 11, 2015, you must also declare your intent to reside in Canada in order to be eligible.

If you need to leave Canada there are several risks you should be aware of.

If you leave Canada, you must continue to meet your residency obligation to keep permanent resident (PR) status. You must be a permanent resident to become a citizen and not just when you apply. If you lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship, you cannot become a citizen. Bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily. Make sure the card will not expire while you are outside Canada. (If your PR card expires, is does not mean you have lost PR status.)

We generally only mail letters, notices and other material to addresses in Canada, although in some cases, you will receive an e-mail from us. You must reply to these letters within a certain amount of time. If you do not reply within the timeframe and do not provide an acceptable reason for not being able to keep your appointment with us, we will close your application.

You must attend meetings and other events at our offices, like your citizenship test, interview and ceremony. These events only take place in Canada. To reschedule these events or if you miss one, you must contact the CIC Call Centre. The Call Centre can only be reached from within Canada."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=911&t=5

Also, you'd have to inform CIC of trips 2 weeks or longer.

"While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:
. . .
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,
. . ."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

VEN_Mavo

Jul 17, 2015
Hello everyone...one more In Process:

"We started processing your application on September 8, 2015."

For some reason I can not update the tracker. Can someone do it for me please? Thanks!

Have a wonderful day!

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hi,

How will I know whether the application has been transferred to the local office?

roli001

Jul 29, 2015
Burlington
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MithuShun said:
Dear members,

I do not know how to post a new question and I did not see any common post for August 2015 application. Therefore, I am posting this question here. Please forgive me if this is wrong and move to the appropriate section.

We applied for the Canadian citizenship on August 13th (Me, wife and one kid) and I received the whole documents and refusal letter from them stating following reason:

The passport(s) or travel document(s) provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of
your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) or travel
document(s) you have had during the relevant 6 year period'

We landed in Canada on June 14th 2007 (skill migration). My passport has been expired on August 2009, my son's passport expired on September 2010 and wife's passport expired on August 2014. Me and my son never visited to any countries since we landed. My wife visited to back home and stayed there only 3 weeks in 2012.

Wife has renewed her passport once. Me and my 10 years old son have not renewed our passport at any time and we do not have any other passport

Also I can see the authorities put a stamp / seal on some of the documents and photos and what does that mean?

Please kindly advise us on what we should do now? Do we need to send any letter and what we should state in that letter? We are really in panic now.

I would call CIC help line and ask them. At the very least you should write a letter, sign it and send it back with your documents stating something like the following:

To whom it may concern:

Please be advised that the photocopies of the biological pages of our passports are the only passports that my family and I have had in the past 6 years. We have never renewed the passports once they had expired. We have not left Canada under any other travel document since that time.

But give CIC help line a call and they should be able to assist you.

As to the stamps...I too received my documents back from CIC as I forgot to sign the pictures. The documents were also stamped and the pictures were sealed. I called CIC and they told me not to change anything in the package other than to add new photos.

Hope this helps.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hey whats your guys view,

One of my neighbour who applied for citizenship during May received a letter from the local CIC office; the letter is to confirm that did he travel after filing his citizenship application.

He did travel after his application for 2 weeks out of Canada. However that travel doesn't have any impact on his application. What could be the reason for this letter?

On the other hand I am worried, coz I took a vacation and just came back. Should I inform CIC or just wait to see if they do request something similar from me?

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
VEN_Mavo said:

For some reason I can not update the tracker. Can someone do it for me please? Thanks!

Have a wonderful day!
Congratulation. Concerning the google sheet, it seems there is some kind of restriction on it although it kind of pretty messed up for now.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
Hi,

How will I know whether the application has been transferred to the local office?
You will have NO idea unless if you order for the ATIP report. Call centre agent does not have access to applicant's file any longer.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
ok thanks a lot.

I have no idea to request an ATIP at the moment. May be its too early to request for an ATIP.

atheer

Aug 7, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VEN_Mavo said:

Have a wonderful day!
Me too, I cant update it
We started processing your application on September 9, 2015

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atheer said:
Me too, I cant update it
We started processing your application on September 9, 2015
Congrats! It luks like it's taking longer for Toronto applicants for the transition to IP.
I'm still waiting and hoping to see the change soon!