+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
AHTOXEC said:
Hi all,

Can someone pls point me to the right thread or explain here general process but with more details something like this
1) if your app is complete and you meet all the criteria you get AOR =>
2) In process (background, criminal, exit/entry check etc.) =>
3) Test (just wait, or are they doing anything here?) =>
4) Oath =>
5) Done. You can apply for passport

TY
It all depends on a case by case basis and also the speed of the selected local CIC office.

AOR is received when you application has passed the 1st stage which means that you have all the basic requirement to apply.
In-process will start once your local CIC office receive your application. Test invites will be sent once all checks are completed.
Once you pass the test they will send you a letter asking you to come for an oath ceremony.

You can probably check the CIC website they might have a comprehensive analysis of all the various steps. From application received to the ceremony it might take a minimum of about 6-8monts while some might take +1year - 3years to complete depending if you got RQ

Goodluck.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
ArvindXBhatia said:
Yeah, nothing is printed on my photos. I read on the photo specifications that, they might ask me for new photos. I just hope that they do not send my application back.
In the document checklist, they asked that the photograher stamp the name and the date the picture was taken. They want to make sure that the picture being sent does not exceed 6months durtion. I remember that it was the same thing we all did when applying for PR. I belive it will be at the agent"s discretion on the appropiate action to take.

All the BEST.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
In the document checklist, they asked that the photograher stamp the name and the date the picture was taken. They want to make sure that the picture being sent does not exceed 6months durtion. I remember that it was the same thing we all did when applying for PR. I belive it will be at the agent"s discretion on the appropiate action to take.

All the BEST.
This kind of job can be done by ourselves, but I think with the procedure specified by CIC, it can create job opportunity. For adult applications, I don't our face changes a lot since maybe many years. Another reason is CIC don't want problem with photo's quality.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
jcyj said:
This kind of job can be done by ourselves, but I think with the procedure specified by CIC, it can create job opportunity. For adult applications, I don't our face changes a lot since maybe many years. Another reason is CIC don't want problem with photo's quality.
Yeah, that correct. They want to make sure that they do have the current and most updated picture on file even though you will still have to take another picture to registered for the passport.

SharkHacks

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
24-02-2013
Hi Folks,

I'm one of those guys who made it on the last day.

Application received by CIC Case Processing centre on June 10th.

My application : 1095 days exactly
My Wife : 1093 days.

besides everything requested in the application, something told me at the last moment to include Notice of assessments from CRA for all the years we have been in Canada.
I hope we won't get RQd otherwise it would have been much better to wait one more year :)

Good luck everyone ...

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
SharkHacks said:
Hi Folks,

besides everything requested in the application, something told me at the last moment to include Notice of assessments from CRA for all the years we have been in Canada.
I hope we won't get RQd otherwise it would have been much better to wait one more year :)

Good luck everyone ...
Oh alright. Congratulations on getting your application in on time. Kindly update your information on the google doc..

SharkHacks

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
24-02-2013
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. Congratulations on getting your application in on time. Kindly update your information on the google doc..
Thanks.. and tracker updated

AHTOXEC

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
It all depends on a case by case basis and also the speed of the selected local CIC office.

AOR is received when you application has passed the 1st stage which means that you have all the basic requirement to apply.
In-process will start once your local CIC office receive your application. Test invites will be sent once all checks are completed.
Once you pass the test they will send you a letter asking you to come for an oath ceremony.

You can probably check the CIC website they might have a comprehensive analysis of all the various steps. From application received to the ceremony it might take a minimum of about 6-8monts while some might take +1year - 3years to complete depending if you got RQ

Goodluck.
Thanks Ojeola!

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
SharkHacks said:
Hi Folks,

Good luck everyone ...

Hi SharkHack,

When did you sign the application form? As per the old rule you have to complete 1095 days of physical presence and sign the document on 1096 th day or any time after that. If you have signed on 10th and made arrangement for same day delivery then you and your wife should have been meeting the 1095 day criteria on 09 th June.

Anyway you have applied already. So best of luck.

Rgds,

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alias said:
Hi SharkHack,

When did you sign the application form? As per the old rule you have to complete 1095 days of physical presence and sign the document on 1096 th day or any time after that. If you have signed on 10th and made arrangement for same day delivery then you and your wife should have been meeting the 1095 day criteria on 09 th June.

Anyway you have applied already. So best of luck.

Rgds,
Many people prefer to take the RQ and be processed very slow under the old rule, instead to apply under the fast track new rules.
For me it doesn't make any sense.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MUFC said:
Many people prefer to take the RQ and be processed very slow under the old rule, instead to apply under the fast track new rules.
For me it doesn't make any sense.
I believe the RQ thing is just been overstressed. Although he should have sent his application after 1096 but I believe that the discretion only lies with the officer in charge of his application. As for me, I will rather apply the old rule than wait for the new rule which I presume might even entail an increase in fee very soon.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
I believe the RQ thing is just been overstressed. Although he should have sent his application after 1096 but I believe that the discretion only lies with the officer in charge of his application. As for me, I will rather apply the old rule than wait for the new rule which I presume might even entail an increase in fee very soon.
I highly doubt that an agent will approve application which is sent and signed before the 1096th day.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/calculate/index.asp

For all applications received before, on, or after June 11, 2015, applicants must meet the residence/physical presence requirements the day before signing their application for citizenship. The day the applicant applies is not counted.

SharkHacks

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
24-02-2013
Before submitting my applications i talked to a big shot lawyer. She said that only a judge can decide if I / my wife meet the basic residency requirements and it is fine to submit a few days short , as long as we can convince the judge that we live here.

I signed my application on the 9th the online residency calculator clearly showed : "According to the information you provided, you meet the residence requirement." Basic Residence days clearly showed 1095 for myself and 1093 for my wife on that date. The 9th.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SharkHacks said:
Before submitting my applications i talked to a big shot lawyer. She said that only a judge can decide if I / my wife meet the basic residency requirements and it is fine to submit a few days short , as long as we can convince the judge that we live here.

I signed my application on the 9th the online residency calculator clearly showed : "According to the information you provided, you meet the residence requirement." Basic Residence days clearly showed 1095 for myself and 1093 for my wife on that date. The 9th.
As per your residency calculator came out on the day your signed you met 1095 days residency requirement which looks fine for your case. However, your wife did not meet the basic requirement which will be decided by Judge and upon her convincing proof at the time she faces judge.

As you submitted both applications under family package and likely will be under non-routine process..