+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
How much time does it usually take from application received to acknowledgment of receipt? Through other threads, i quite not get the idea because in some case they get the AOR within a week and in some the take about 35 to 40 days. And there is nothing on the web site that i found unlike other categories where we actually can check on what date of application they are working on.
For your information, all of March applicants have got their AORs http://goo.gl/2hlGcb, average days are 19 days ; for those of April http://goo.gl/MBgq0e , 86% received theirs with an average of 26 days, the rest of them who sent their application at the end of april have not yet received their AORs; however, for May applicants http://goo.gl/yyyG4K, nobody has received AOR yet, the tendency is long and long. The first May application has sent the application since 39 days !

According these information, CIC opens and reviews applications by one month. It can have some difference between the same month, but normally, when they finished one month and start another.

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. Then there is a high chance that it might be delivered earlier than scheduled. Mine got into NS around midnight last week and it was sent out 7:00am in the morning. Just call the customer service to be sure.
I hope so. I did call customer service said nothing can be done now on their end. She said 5pm would be the latest. And that their delivery times are 9-5. Crossing fingers!

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Thats a good piece of information. Thanks. Perhaps best thing is just to wait.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
Thats a good piece of information. Thanks. Perhaps best thing is just to wait.
Keep in mind that the process will likely take longer due to the high volume in the last 10 weeks.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Keep in mind that the process will likely take longer due to the high volume in the last 10 weeks.
Another thing is that the CIC announced last week they will finish all of old applications received before 31 march 2015 by the end of march 2016 ! I don't know how many old applications they have accumulated. When I applied my PR, I met similar situation, some people may remember the so called "Forgotten of Buffalo" ! But this time I hope they will do better for those applied between April 1st and June 10th 2015.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcyj said:
Another thing is that the CIC announced last week they will finish all of old applications received before 31 march 2015 by the end of march 2016 ! I don't know how many old applications they have accumulated. When I applied my PR, I met similar situation, some people may remember the so called "Forgotten of Buffalo" ! But this time I hope they will do better for those applied between April 1st and June 10th 2015.
The main priority from CIC is to clear the backlog along with those who have applied before April.

I would not be surprised if the total volume from the last weeks is equal as the regular volume they receive per year.

But at the end of the day most of those who have applied in the last weeks will finish their procedure in the next 14-18 months considering the expected delay due to the last minute madness.
The situation right now in CIC is a big mess.

kharposhti

May 26, 2015
I totally disagree with you .... Usually people apply within at most one month of the time that they are qualified to apply ... They simply dont wait for the last minute especially in this case that the rule was supposed to chang any day ... Furthermore, If someone is not qualified before June 10th then that person wont risk to apply sooner ...

So I think the volume might be a little bit more than a normal month volume ... but not much difference .... You can check the number of applicants of this forum in May and June compare to previous months as well.

I think the processing time should be short as well since there wont be any new application after June 10th due to the rule change.

MUFC said:
The main priority from CIC is to clear the backlog along with those who have applied before April.

I would not be surprised if the total volume from the last weeks is equal as the regular volume they receive per year.

But at the end of the day most of those who have applied in the last weeks will finish their procedure in the next 14-18 months considering the expected delay due to the last minute madness.
The situation right now in CIC is a big mess.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kharposhti said:
I totally disagree with you .... Usually people apply within at most one month of the time that they are qualified to apply ... They simply dont wait for the last minute especially in this case that the rule was supposed to chang any day ... Furthermore, If someone is not qualified before June 10th then that person wont risk to apply sooner ...

So I think the volume might be a little bit more than a normal month volume

I think the processing time should be short as well since there wont be any new application after June 10th due to the rule change.
The volume started to increase from the beginning of April, therefore the AOR have been issued slower and slower.

But yeah on the other hand if they don't give you the Oath within next 3 months, you guys should make a huge protest.

How they dare to make you wait longer than 3 weeks.

ma.vaneandrade

Aug 16, 2012
Hi! I just sent my application this noon via UPS and will be there tomorrow around 10:30am. I also sent my dad's application last thursday via xpresspost and said that it will be there tomorrow as well. Thank God it was on time, since I just knew the news today regarding the old forms. Hoping that everything will turn out well. I have an expired passport and requesting for a name change too.. :-[ But provide an explanation for all of that.. :) goodluck to us!

gana

Jun 7, 2011
I sent my application through Purolator on monday, they guaranteed it would be delievered on wednesday. But their plane broke down in vancouver the same night and now they say it would be delievered only on thursday. Think my time has not come yet.

Congratulations and Good luck to all those who made it.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gana said:
I sent my application through Purolator on monday, they guaranteed it would be delievered on wednesday. But their plane broke down in vancouver the same night and now they say it would be delievered only on thursday. Think my time has not come yet.

Congratulations and Good luck to all those who made it.
You sound like you will get a different citizenship. The citizenship will be the same, there is no competition here.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
LostinCalgary said:
What are the Sydney Case Processing Centre hours though? At what time do they stop receiving applications?
I belive that they operate with the normal working hours. Maybe 8am to 4:30pm

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
So I had to go to Sydney on Saturday unexpectedly to do a presentation yesterday and today; covering up for one of my colleagues. I took my application with me to Sydney and submitted it at Sydney and was received today.

Nice place, friendly people but not so many people. CIC does not accept any application by hand.

I actually filled up and completed my application on June 02. I wanted to post it on June 08. However the surprise came in on friday. But more surprise came to me later to go to sydney. so I posted it in sydney and the post office guy exactly knew what the application was. However he said it will be delivered next morning and exactly it happened. Received by Dan Lewis, Dan, D.L. all the same guy.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Ojeola said:
I belive that they operate with the normal working hours. Maybe 8am to 4:30pm
Thank you for replying. My application will be delivered by 5:00pm. I hope FedEx delivers it earlier, but now I'll call them and see what they say/can do.