App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
So got my citizenship in the morning; also guess what, my afternoon I was able to apply for the passport.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Ojeola said:
Congratulations
Congratz on your exams too.

I will on the forum. Wish to see everybody on this forum gets through the citizenship quickly. All the best for everybody.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Atif.Ayub said:
I am in Mississauga, Ontario. We are a family of 4. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 14, 2015.

Should I try to contact CIC at this point as I still haven't received the test invite?
Any other members with a similar timeline from southern Ontario, can you please share your status.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Atif.Ayub said:
Any other members with a similar timeline from southern Ontario, can you please share your status.
Unfortunately, CIC Ontario locations are the slowest among all, their old excuse large volume.

Political leadership, old wine in new bottle. Till they are in opposition, they promise to change once in power. After coming to power,
they are repeating same old song....CIC is doing best.

Despite increasing Citizenship application fee by 500% and promises to improve CIC's pace of work, no significant improvement. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS OJEOLA. FINALLY YR WAIT HAS COME TO AN END. I M ALSO A JUNE APPLICATION. FILE SHOWS IN PROCESS SINCE 15 SEPTEMBER. JUST NEED TO ASK YOU, HOW AN APPLICANT IS NOTIFIED THAT HE HAS TO SIT FOR CITIZENSHIP TEST.? bY AN EMAIL OR A LETTER? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO KNOW ABOUT MY STATUS?

THANKS

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Mount212 said:
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS OJEOLA. FINALLY YR WAIT HAS COME TO AN END. I M ALSO A JUNE APPLICATION. FILE SHOWS IN PROCESS SINCE 15 SEPTEMBER. JUST NEED TO ASK YOU, HOW AN APPLICANT IS NOTIFIED THAT HE HAS TO SIT FOR CITIZENSHIP TEST.? bY AN EMAIL OR A LETTER? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO KNOW ABOUT MY STATUS?

THANKS
CIC usually send (letter and NOT email) to candidates home address for Citizenship Test invitation at least 2 weeks in advance.

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
Mount212 said:

THANKS
They send you a letter not an email, also, the test date and the date when the letter was sent to your mail will be indicated in your Ecas when you click on inprocess status

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
CIC usually send (letter and NOT email) to candidates home address for Citizenship Test invitation at least 2 weeks in advance.
I did receive an email invitation for the citizenship test.

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
Atif.Ayub said:

I have the exact timeline too and i'm in toronto. I'll be watching your posts.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I received test invite through email.... and just downloaded the document and printed it.. 2-3 pages is the same thing they send thru ordinary mail..

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Mount212 said:

THANKS
Thanks for your wishes. Actually, my wait hasn't come to an END yet as I still have to wait for Oath ceremony. Concerning your question most CIC offices prefer to sent test invitations to applicants through the postal mail while some prefer email but it very rear. Make sure to be checking you ECAS also. Order for ATIP to have a clear idea of your application's progress.