Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I found only one message dealing directly with the burning question, what ID number to enter into the CIC website to track an application, before you receive the Sponsor Approval letter with Client ID #.

It said:
“Use your financial receipt (IMM5401) code to log onto eCas.”

I assume that the official receipt one receives after paying online is this IMM5401 referred to, and that the code one sees at the top right corner is the code meant.

But, the message mentioned that the code starts with a C followed by 9 numbers (ie. Cxxxxxxxxx), whereas my code starts with an R followed by 9 numerals. Same thing? Maybe C identifies one particular country, while R identifies another?

What say ye?

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
The R # is your receipt number.
The C # is your client ID numbe whiich you will get on your sponsorship approval letter.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Toby

The receipt number is a letter followed by 9 numbers. Usually this appears to be an R for outland. The C could be for when an inland application is made.

The client ID number will be 8 numbers either 12345678 or 1234-5678, this will be on your letter of approval for sponsorship when you receive it.

The letter may also have a "Kit ID Number" - no-one on here has yet to work out what this is or where it goes...

When your spouse/partner is in process at the local CHC, she will assigned an immigration file number. This will usually be a B followed by 9 numbers.

I'm sure you have already worked it out but when you are checking, enter the sponsor details with the client ID and receipt number.
When your spouse recieves the immigration file number, she can enter her details and this number to check progress.

Good luck and I hope things move quickly for you.