+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracker Updates!!

Shabnamiii

Jan 19, 2024
Hi.
I submitted a visitor visa for my husband on Oct. 30, 2023.
I appriciate it if someone can help me understand the meaning of the tracker updates:

Biometric completed: 22 December
Eligibility completed: 10 January (still under review in portal)
First correspondence letter: 10 January
Background check: still in process

The application status: In process

Is there anybody with the same situation? when is the final decision usually made in such situation?

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
Hi.
I appriciate it if someone can help me understand the meaning of the tracker updates:

Is there anybody with the same situation? when is the final decision usually made in such situation?
I'm exactly in the same boat as your husband.
From experience in this forum most of applications get refusal after 24-48 hours after the Eligibility completed.

Shabnamiii

Jan 19, 2024
From experience in this forum most of applications get refusal after 24-48 hours after the Eligibility completed.
Did you get your correspondence letter? Can you see the visa number and expire date in your tracker?

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
Did you get your correspondence letter? Can you see the visa number and expire date in your tracker?
No.
Its weekend here in Saudi Arabia. I applied from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I don't know but I'm expecting a decision this week.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a working day, let's hope for the best.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
What do you mean by this? Do you mean all applications that has eligibility being completed and background check still in progress get refused within 24-48hrs? I do not think that is right if that is what you meant. Just wait for your decision.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
Hi.

Can you share the content of the first correspondence? is it Biometric validity letter?

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
What do you mean by this? Do you mean all applications that has eligibility being completed and background check still in progress get refused within 24-48hrs? I do not think that is right if that is what you meant. Just wait for your decision.
If you will get a refusal most likely will get it after 1-2 day(s) from the eligibility completed. If you pass the eligibility phase its a good sign for approval.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
If you will get a refusal most likely will get it after 1-2 day(s) from the eligibility completed. If you pass the eligibility phase its a good sign for approval.
Can one get approval letter 1-2 days after eligibility has been completed?

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
From my experience here on this platform. If you will get refuse, your eligibility will be completed but you will get 2 correspondence letters (BVL and refusal letter) immediately that day or a day after then your application status will be declared as closed on your tracker. This is what I am familiar with.

RMALF

Jan 12, 2024
From my experience here on this platform. If you will get refuse, your eligibility will be completed but you will get a correspondence letter immediately that day or a day after then your application status will be declared as closed on your tracker. This is what I am familiar with.
That what I am trying to say. If you pass eligibility phase there's a good chance for Approval .

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
From my experience here on this platform. If you will get refuse, your eligibility will be completed but you will get 2 correspondence letters (BVL and refusal letter) immediately that day or a day after then your application status will be declared as closed on your tracker. This is what I am familiar with.
And if you get an approval, you will get 2 correspondence letters (BVL first) then PPR letter may come 2-3 days later. But you will likely find your document number and validity on your tracker 1 or 2 days after you get your BVL or even same day depending.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
That what I am trying to say. If you pass eligibility phase there's a good chance for Approval .
No. it is 50-50. If the case is closed immediately and you dont see your document number in your tracker. It is likely a rejection.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
I don't have an account on status tracker for some reason it won't let me register on it. I called in IRCC and I was told that my eligibility was completed and I should hear from the VO shortly. Its been a week, haven't heard from them. Does that mean, there's possibility of approval? Looking at what this thread talks about..

Jan 5, 2024
I don't have an account on status tracker for some reason it won't let me register on it. I called in IRCC and I was told that my eligibility was completed and I should hear from the VO shortly. Its been a week, haven't heard from them. Does that mean, there's possibility of approval? Looking at what this thread talks about..
Hey Sam,

I have the same issue with the tracker, it doesn't let me make an account, although more than three months has passed since I submitted my application. Any idea what could be the reason?
And did you apply from inside Canada or from outside? If outside, did you contact IRCC in Canada or your local embassy?