+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

We got our COPR and visa the last week in India. We are planning to go to Canada sometime end Oct, but since we need to wind up so many things out here in India plus I have, as of now, a limited no. of days' leave from my current job, so we need to come back to India in about 12-14 days. While we would apply for the PR card at the port of entry in Canada and will give our relatives' address as the mailing address, can my relatives (after getting our PR in say 8-10 weeks), courier the same to us in India? What could be other alternatives?
I am a little confused and worried on that front. We are planning to go back to Canada again the next year in summer and without PR card, we can't enter Canada. So, request you to please guide.
Thanks.

m.p.s.r

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys. Anyone landed in June 2017 and waiting for their pr cards here? My time line as follows:

landed June 7th
photo request Aug 2nd
photo received by cic August 24th
mycic status in progress :(

Please advise about my potential next steps.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hi guys. Anyone landed in June 2017 and waiting for their pr cards here? My time line as follows:

landed June 7th
photo request Aug 2nd

Usually when there is a photo request then the timeline increases a lot. It could take up to 2 months more after the photo request as seen from other posts. All the best!

Reactions: m.p.s.r

mdk2017

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Sudbury, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
AOR Received.
July 11th 2017
guys i did my landing yesterday...how soon do you think they will upload my information on the system....when and how to link application to mycic account??

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017

landed June 7th
photo request Aug 2nd

It doesn't hurt to call them and check

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
guys i did my landing yesterday...how soon do you think they will upload my information on the system....when and how to link application to mycic account??
I think it takes 5 days or so, please check previous posts within this forum for the steps

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
I got my pr card on Sept 20th, and photo requests for my wife's card on sept 21st
Hi

I got a photo request for my wife on 21st.

But no update yet for other child. No photo request. Why is that? I cannot call them. I am outside Canada. But I sent a CSI today.

My card and my first child's card were approved.
Landed on 25th July

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi

But no update yet for other child. No photo request. Why is that? I cannot call them. I am outside Canada. But I sent a CSI today.

Landed on 25th July
Hi, they actually process each card separately and not as a family hence the different updates. I'm not sure what the number is to call from overseas but I think there is one. Alternatively is to email them like you did. Hope it turns out well.

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Hi, I'm a Sri Lankan and I received my PR status in Canada and Australia together 2 weeks difference. Since we received Australia first, we moved to Australia and now we want to go to Canada for a visit before the 1 year period expires. I have received the PRTD. But is that enough to travel from Australia to Canada and return to Australia?

m.p.s.r

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Usually when there is a photo request then the timeline increases a lot. It could take up to 2 months more after the photo request as seen from other posts. All the best!
Thank you very much rg74. Does it take 2 months from the time they receive the new set of photos? Or is it 2 months from when they request for new photos? I believe it is the former:)

I also was upset that they simply reject photos without stating any reason on why they rejected. It will be useful to know that reason when we take the pics next time and it is also making sure the process is more transparent. Anyway I could ask them the reason if they reject it the next time with a standard email and attachment?

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi

Landed on 25th July
I suggest to send specific inquiry form, make sure you send one for each family member thru cic website. This is what I did and they replied in a week time

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi

Landed on 25th July
Before that, check your other emails(if you provided separately for your child) if applicable