+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

I am hoping to get answers of my questions.

Scenario: I flagpoled on 24-SEP-2017 at BLUE WATER BRIDGE at SARNIA. My PR Card would come after 61 days which is after 25th November. Now I have already booked flight to Pakistan from November 25th to December 15th and there is very little chance that I will get my PR Card before November 25. Therefore, I am figuring out my options. Please tell me If I can use any of following workarounds.

1. Use the Temporary Resident Visa that I already have before PR and it is still valid till December 2018. Note: When I flagpoled, CBSA did not return my Work Permit, they say now I don't need it. I can show COPR letter to my employer.

2. Use the immigration visa which I got with COPR. It is valid till January 2018. However, CBSA officer crossed(single diagonal line) it when I flagpolled.

3. Apply for a PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) from my home country. Can I apply and obtain it from inside Canada before I leave? Does anybody know the processing time?

4. Have my PR card mailed to me to my home country, once CIC send it to my address in Canada, hopefully end of November. Is it legal to send PR cards across international borders.

5. Have someone deliver my PR card to me in Pakistan personally.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,
Umair

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Hi,

I am hoping to get answers of my questions.

Scenario: I flagpoled on 24-SEP-2017 at BLUE WATER BRIDGE at SARNIA. My PR Card would come after 61 days which is after 25th November. Now I have already booked flight to Pakistan from November 25th to December 15th and there is very little chance that I will get my PR Card before November 25. Therefore, I am figuring out my options. Please tell me If I can use any of following workarounds.

1. Use the Temporary Resident Visa that I already have before PR and it is still valid till December 2018. Note: When I flagpoled, CBSA did not return my Work Permit, they say now I don't need it. I can show COPR letter to my employer.

2. Use the immigration visa which I got with COPR. It is valid till January 2018. However, CBSA officer crossed(single diagonal line) it when I flagpolled.

3. Apply for a PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) from my home country. Can I apply and obtain it from inside Canada before I leave? Does anybody know the processing time?

4. Have my PR card mailed to me to my home country, once CIC send it to my address in Canada, hopefully end of November. Is it legal to send PR cards across international borders.

5. Have someone deliver my PR card to me in Pakistan personally.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,
Umair
You can only go for options 3, 4 or 5 whichever works for you!
Immigration visa is single entry and was used once you landed at border.
Though the earlier visa has not been cancelled in your passport you cannot travel on those as your status has changed from work visa to PR. You have to get PRTD or get PR card mailed or delivered. Don't know much about legalities but many have got it delivered by courier.

By the way ...When did you receive your PPR? I can update the tracker if you will share the date. Thanks & all the best !!

Last edited:

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys, I landed on July 14th and still haven't received my card yet.

I've linked my application to MyCic account and on the table-view with all the other past applications, it says " status: submitted" , but on the actual application details section where it says "docs to be submitted, app status etc etc." it has " status:"your application was approved".

Are there anyone here who landed around the 14th of July who is still waiting for their card ?

toxarika

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Hi guys, I landed on July 14th and still haven't received my card yet.

I've linked my application to MyCic account and on the table-view with all the other past applications, it says " status: submitted" , but on the actual application details section where it says "docs to be submitted, app status etc etc." it has " status:"your application was approved".

Are there anyone here who landed around the 14th of July who is still waiting for their card ?
I am . You should call cic and ask about your pr card.

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
You can only go for options 3, 4 or 5 whichever works for you!
Immigration visa is single entry and was used one you landed at border.
Though the earlier visa has not been cancelled in your passport you cannot travel on those as your status has changed from work visa to PR. You have to get PRTD or get PR card mailed or delivered. Don't know much about legalities but many have got it delivered by courier.

By the way ...When did you receive your PPR? I can update the tracker if you will share the date. Thanks & all the best !![/
Thnaks!!!

invitation to Apply ; 22-12-2016
AOR: 02-02-2017
Added my spouse: 02-07-2017
Spouse Medial request after one week and medical passed confirmation on: 17-07-2017
PPR for principal applicant: 27-07-2017
Passport sent; 05-09-2017
COPR received: 22-09-2017

The PPR email was sent by CPC-OTTAWA and it was sent to a different email address that I was not monitoring. I may have used this email address 2-3 years ago to apply for my Work Permit.

Before the PPR email, I was getting updates through my CIC account which is liked to a different email.

I have one other question, i f you can answer that. Now that I have landed when will my spouse will get PPR request for COPR. She is not in Canada.

Thanks,

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure about the addition of spouse later on and its timeline...If you added her before your PPR then shouldn't you have received her PPR too along with yours.

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure about the addition of spouse later on and its timeline...If you added her before your PPR then shouldn't you have received her PPR too along with yours.
I called CIC and they told me that principal applicant have to land first and only then dependents get PPR if dependents are outside Canada.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I called CIC and they told me that principal applicant have to land first and only then dependents get PPR if dependents are outside Canada.
Hi, Did you apply as a family with you as the principal applicant? If that's the case you should get the PPR all together.

As for landing, the principal applicant needs to land first or together with the dependents. Dependents cannot do the landing process before the principal applicant.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Got it !

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi, I'm a Sri Lankan and I received my PR status in Canada and Australia together 2 weeks difference. Since we received Australia first, we moved to Australia and now we want to go to Canada for a visit before the 1 year period expires. I have received the PRTD. But is that enough to travel from Australia to Canada and return to Australia?
Hi, Do you mean PPR or PRTD? PRTD is the temporary visa you apply for once you have done the landing process and waiting for your PR card.

Assuming you have received your COPR and a Immigrant Visa and no other type of visa, I would think you would need to do the landing process in Canada when you enter the country. Not sure how to advise you.

Another way to visit would be to get a tourist visa for Canada but I'm not sure if they would issue that if you already have a immigrant visa in your passport.