Passport Req..
20 JULY 2016(IN-22.07.16)
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
14 October 2016--THANK GOD,WAITING FOR PR CARD
Hi SecularFirst,

Congrats buddy......am happy for you.

Am still waiting here in Regina, Saskatchewan.......praying for the best any day this week.

All the best ....

dtoc

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
I meant to write here earlier but I didn't but here it is.

So I also got my card now, thankfully. On page 94 of this topic I wrote that my wife's PR card arrived within a month of landing. Mine was delayed somehow it seemed. November 3rd my wife called under my name, I was unable to call at that time, but after some connection issues, she got through and the person on the other hand was very helpful. It turned out that the address was pending. It's a very strange as my wife's card was send to the address that was filled in but somehow still pending.
The address was confirmed and 1 weeks later my card also arrived. It almost seemed as if the card was already processed and ready to be shipped out, but the expiry date is 2 days after the call was made and the address confirmed.

So I am very happy this waiting is finally over....for now :D

The message of this post is to call the ministry of foreign affairs and follow the menus to immigration. The people are helpful, but be sure that the stated processing time on the IRCC website is expired.

Sun88

May 28, 2014
VijayAggarwal said:
I got my PR card yesterday by regular post.

I landed on Oct 15th at Peace Arch, BC.

I also got following email yesterday:

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).

Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Does everybody get this email before getting PR card?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sun88 said:
I got it as well, but I thought it was triggered because I had used my PR card at a CBSA automated border clearance kiosk a few hours prior. :D

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Jongwe123 said:
Hi SecularFirst,

Congrats buddy......am happy for you.

Am still waiting here in Regina, Saskatchewan.......praying for the best any day this week.

All the best ....
Thanks buddy. You will also get the good news soon.
Cheers.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I dont think eveeybody gets this when the card comes, as i landed on 14th Nov and there s no sign of my card and I have recieved this mail today

Sun88 said:

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this mail as well.... landed november 11... and have not received PR card yet..

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
i got that email too today. i landed on 9th nov. does this mean i will get my pr card this week??? weirdly it came to an email account i never used with cic. maybe i gave this email address when i landed but i dont remember if i did that.

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Jongwe123

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Johannesburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
17 December 2015 ; RPRF REQUEST&PAID-13.01.16
Nomination.....
27 November 2015
AOR Received.
15 December 2015
Med's Done....
19 November 2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
20 JULY 2016(IN-22.07.16)
VISA ISSUED...
03 August 2016
LANDED..........
14 October 2016--THANK GOD,WAITING FOR PR CARD
Hi guys,

Congrats to me kkkkkkk....got my PR card TODAY, 29 November 2016.

Here is my short story:

Landed-----14 October 2016
PR Card sent out from Sydney, NS.......21 November 2016
PR Card Received in Regina, Saskatchewan........29 November 2016

Exactly 45 Days for it to land in my hands!

All the best to those still waiting.........

And to those yet to land: Please get the right , professional photographers out there....who can take clean, perfect photos to avoid requests of new photos from CIC.....when CIC talks about photo specifications, they are talking about how the photo looks, NOT ITS SIZE. Please take note of this. Mine photos were the 30 X 45 but they were still accepted because they were done correctly by the photographer...no shades, pic on centre of card, no smiling etc.

Love this forum to bits......lets keep it going guys!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
anonGym said:
I got this mail as well.... landed november 11... and have not received PR card yet..
Hi,
probably everyone is going to get such letter now because a friend of mine landed November 22 and also got the same letter yesterday.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
vinitmenon said:
i got that email too today. i landed on 9th nov. does this mean i will get my pr card this week??? weirdly it came to an email account i never used with cic. maybe i gave this email address when i landed but i dont remember if i did that.

Hello,

Thank you,

Hey
i received same email yesterday and i never used that email address anywhere for immigration
and i received my PR card in August
it's very strange
please let me know if you find out any thing about this email

Thank you