+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
Hello all.
I have a question about the latest stream for TR to PR on Pril 2021. I am an international student (currently studying), but I have worked 1560 hrs during the last 18 months. Can I participate in this stream or I should be graduated?
I want to know if I was working in essential occupations for 1560 hrs, can I apply for this stream while I am studying?
Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello all.
I have a question about the latest stream for TR to PR on Pril 2021. I am an international student (currently studying), but I have worked 1560 hrs during the last 18 months. Can I participate in this stream or I should be graduated?
I want to know if I was working in essential occupations for 1560 hrs, can I apply for this stream while I am studying?
Thank you.
Its already closed and IRCC is no longer accepting applications for this program.

Reactions: aerospace1365

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
Its already closed and IRCC is no longer accepting applications for this program.
thank you for your response but You did not get what I asked. If it was Open, Could I apply for it? was it possible for the students who had job experience more than 1560hrs? for instance, for the coming stream, If I have valid status in Canada (study permit) and 1560 hrs job experience, can I apply for TR to PR program?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
thank you for your response but You did not get what I asked. If it was Open, Could I apply for it? was it possible for the students who had job experience more than 1560hrs? for instance, for the coming stream, If I have valid status in Canada (study permit) and 1560 hrs job experience, can I apply for TR to PR program?
Yes

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
Sorry if I ask you again. because this question is very important for me.
*******Even the students who had job experience (1560 hrs) could apply for TR to PR?****
it s widely said that in the next two months a new stream will open. Because I have not PGWP yet, but I have a valid study permit and sufficient job experience, I wonder to know can I participate in TR to PR program?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
*******Even the students who had job experience (1560 hrs) could apply for TR to PR?****
it s widely said that in the next two months a new stream will open. Because I have not PGWP yet, but I have a valid study permit and sufficient job experience, I wonder to know can I participate in TR to PR program?
It's widely believed that a similar program will open up but that this program may not be identical to the previous program. You'll need to wait until the rules are announced to know how close the new program is to the old and who will qualify to apply. No one knows the answer to that at this time.

Reactions: aerospace1365

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
On the Tr to Pr page, it doesn't say anywhere about job experience just that you will be employed.

Even I had heard that it is coming back in Sept.

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
On the Tr to Pr page, it doesn't say anywhere about job experience just that you will be employed.

Even I had heard that it is coming back in Sept.
I have read it is mandatory to have 1560 hrs job experience within the past 3 years. but I don't know if students could apply or not? this is very important. because there are 100000s international students, and I am sure a few percent of them can apply for this program

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
It's widely believed that a similar program will open up but that this program may not be identical to the previous program. You'll need to wait until the rules are announced to know how close the new program is to the old and who will qualify to apply. No one knows the answer to that at this time.

thank you for your response.
I want to ask you my question again, and if you know please let me know.
*******on the previous stream, Even the students who had job experience (1560 hrs), and still studying, could apply for TR to PR? or they should have PGWP?*

I see the new stream is completely unknown, but I need to know if the students were eligible or not.

it is very important for me and many other students who are working know. it is a big hope for us.
Thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
thank you for your response.
I want to ask you my question again, and if you know please let me know.
*******on the previous stream, Even the students who had job experience (1560 hrs), and still studying, could apply for TR to PR? or they should have PGWP?*

I see the new stream is completely unknown, but I need to know if the students were eligible or not.

it is very important for me and many other students who are working know. it is a big hope for us.
Thank you
Yes students were eligible as long as p
"be in Canada
have valid status in Canada
plan to live outside of Quebec
meet or exceed the language requirements
be currently employed
have recently graduated
from a designated learning institution in Canada and
with an eligible credential
not be a refugee claimant in Canada"

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
Yes students were eligible as long as p
"be in Canada
have valid status in Canada
plan to live outside of Quebec
meet or exceed the language requirements
be currently employed
have recently graduated
from a designated learning institution in Canada and
with an eligible credential
not be a refugee claimant in Canada"
Thank you for your complete response.
Here is my question *********" have recently graduated"*******. based on this section, only the students who graduated recently (have PGWP) are eligible. it means the students cannot apply.
Am I correct?
I am confused. I could not find any students who could apply for previous stream