+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Online Application

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
Hi,

I'm a Thai Citizen and a holder of Thai Passport living in the UK with indefinite leave to remain visa for the UK. My mother is Thai-British and my stepfather is British Citizen (not that it will affect my application as I will be travelling alone). I'm planning to travel to Canada for 10 days holiday (7 days in Vancouver & 3 days in Toronto) in 2017.

I have uploaded my passport, visas documents, my financial evidence, travel history, proposed trip itinerary (I have not booked my flights and hotels yet), my family information form etc.
I'm currently in a process of completing my application for temporary resident visa (IMM 5257). I've filled in all the relevant answers apart from the section about name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit. As I have no family or friends living in Canada, I don't know what information I should provide. I can't validate the form and submit it if I leave it blank. Please help.

SAM Milano

Jul 28, 2013
Traveller2K17 said:
Hi,

I'm a Thai Citizen and a holder of Thai Passport living in the UK with indefinite leave to remain visa for the UK. My mother is Thai-British and my stepfather is British Citizen (not that it will affect my application as I will be travelling alone). I'm planning to travel to Canada for 10 days holiday (7 days in Vancouver & 3 days in Toronto) in 2017.

I have uploaded my passport, visas documents, my financial evidence, travel history, proposed trip itinerary (I have not booked my flights and hotels yet), my family information form etc.
I'm currently in a process of completing my application for temporary resident visa (IMM 5257). I've filled in all the relevant answers apart from the section about name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit. As I have no family or friends living in Canada, I don't know what information I should provide. I can't validate the form and submit it if I leave it blank. Please help.

You can put a hotel name and address where you will stay during your holiday, since you have no relatives in
canada.

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
Thank you. In the end I just put N/A but I provided them detailed itinerary. They've just requested me to submit my passport.

root123

Jan 4, 2017
Hi,

Can I ask you a question regarding visa fee, when you applied online application you paid CAD100 visa fee + CAD85 bio metric fee as well?

Thanks.

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
root123 said:
Hi,

Can I ask you a question regarding visa fee, when you applied online application you paid CAD100 visa fee + CAD85 bio metric fee as well?

Thanks.
Hi.

According to cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics , my nationality doesn't not require to give biometrics. When I submitted my application, I've paid just the $CAD 100 for regular application.

During the entire process, I've paid $100 application fee + additional the service charge when I had to send my original passport to VAC (£28.93 in total).

My application just been approved today and I've only submitted my application on 20 December 2016.

Hope this help.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Traveller2K17 said:
Hi.

According to cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics , my nationality doesn't not require to give biometrics. When I submitted my application, I've paid just the $CAD 100 for regular application.

During the entire process, I've paid $100 application fee + additional the service charge when I had to send my original passport to VAC (£28.93 in total).

My application just been approved today and I've only submitted my application on 20 December 2016.

Hope this help.
they approved you ? ;D woooow congrats. I sent mine Nov 9th and still no response .......

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
fazlook said:
they approved you ? ;D woooow congrats. I sent mine Nov 9th and still no response .......
Prior to applying, I've read different posts on this forum and based on others' experiences, I didn't expect quick response to be honest.

NS RMP

Apr 4, 2014
Hi please inform for online applications do we have to submit notarized scan copies of original or scanning original documents directly will do

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
NS RMP said:
Hi please inform for online applications do we have to submit notarized scan copies of original or scanning original documents directly will do
For my application, I've scanned all of my original documents directly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: ETA-Tourist Visa Online Application

ketanKP_19 said:
I AM AN INDIAN CITIZEN. CAN I APPLY FOR ETA VISA?
No - you don't qualify for an ETA. You need a TRV.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Traveller2K17 said:
Prior to applying, I've read different posts on this forum and based on others' experiences, I didn't expect quick response to be honest.
How did you prove your home ties ? like any specific docs other than job ?

Traveller2K17

Dec 10, 2016
fazlook said:
How did you prove your home ties ? like any specific docs other than job ?
I'm only going for tourism purpose and for only 10 days. The evidence I provided as part of my tourist visa application were my flights (I've already reserved my tickets), booking confirmation of my accommodation, details itinerary, my payslips from my employer here in the UK, letter of my annual tax review and my bank statements. Just all the proof they've ask for, nothing specific.

gchabs66

Aug 25, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
15-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2015
LANDED..........
29-01-2016
I'm only going for tourism purpose and for only 10 days. The evidence I provided as part of my tourist visa application were my flights (I've already reserved my tickets), booking confirmation of my accommodation, details itinerary, my payslips from my employer here in the UK, letter of my annual tax review and my bank statements. Just all the proof they've ask for, nothing specific.
Can you please clarify did you have a confirmed flight ticket you purchased beforehand or just a reservation without PNR??