+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa from Jamaica

sushk14

May 10, 2016
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
I applied for my mom s visitor visa in March2022
I was pregnant that time. Now I delivered my child in August but my mom s visa is still not approved.
I submitted doctors report and web forms but no response.
Tried calling IRCC, they are busy and automated msg says we can’t transfer ur calls to an agent right now.
The msg also says that they r reviewing the background check.
Is this normal or r they doing this just to reject the visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
I applied for my mom s visitor visa in March2022
I was pregnant that time. Now I delivered my child in August but my mom s visa is still not approved.
I submitted doctors report and web forms but no response.
Tried calling IRCC, they are busy and automated msg says we can’t transfer ur calls to an agent right now.
The msg also says that they r reviewing the background check.
Is this normal or r they doing this just to reject the visa?
Processing from Jamaica is about 46 days so raise a webform,

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we at least had indication that January and February applications have had some movement? Anyone? March onwards, no updates.

KittyKat

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, my mother's application that was submitted in March 2022 was finally approved on September 29, 2022. There is progress now I guess
That is fantastic news! Really appreciate the update as we now know that processing is happening and we should all see something soon as well. Do you recall when her biometrics were done or if not required, what the submission date was? We did biometrics at the end of March.

Reactions: LorLor

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
That is fantastic news! Really appreciate the update as we now know that processing is happening and we should all see something soon as well. Do you recall when her biometrics were done or if not required, what the submission date was? We did biometrics at the end of March.
She did her biometrics on March 25

shersher87

Nov 5, 2020
Did anyone check their status? I checked my sister own and it says eligibility and background started. Before nothing was started. So they are processing now it seems