+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Too many US one day trips... Please give some ideas

Raincouver

Mar 17, 2014
I just received my CBSA report and I found that I did almost 30 US one day trips within past 2 yrs. I did not realized that I made so many one day shopping trips.

Will it make trouble for citizenship application to me? How can I explain it when I submit application document?

Please give some ideas, Thank you guys..

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if you have stamps in your passaports for all those trips, maybe they are going to ask you about them!

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
howtoland said:
One day trips need not to be included in your calculation.
I agree that is stated in the FAQs, but I had a total of about 3 or 4 days trips to the US that I chose to list on the residency calculation. I had also requested my CBSA report, so my view is that if CIC can look at my CBSA report (whenever they request) and see that all entry dates are accounted for on my residency calculation then that can't be a bad thing. I have no evidence to back this up however.

howtoland

Dec 19, 2011
pedros said:
I agree that is stated in the FAQs, but I had a total of about 3 or 4 days trips to the US that I chose to list on the residency calculation. I had also requested my CBSA report, so my view is that if CIC can look at my CBSA report (whenever they request) and see that all entry dates are accounted for on my residency calculation then that can't be a bad thing. I have no evidence to back this up however.
The way I see it is that if including 1 day trips makes it easier for officers to see/process your file, they would have asked you to do so. But they specifically instruct that it is not needed.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing wrong with one day trips to the US. This isn't against the rules and it doesn't make you less worthy of citizenship.

The only suggestion I have is to have extra "buffer" days when you apply. If you get an RQ, you will need to disclose all your one day trips.

Raincouver

Mar 17, 2014
eileenf said:
There is nothing wrong with one day trips to the US. This isn't against the rules and it doesn't make you less worthy of citizenship.

The only suggestion I have is to have extra "buffer" days when you apply. If you get an RQ, you will need to disclose all your one day trips.
Do you think I need to attach a list for all my one day trips and FOIA report? I dont wanna officer surprise when they see so many trips from my CBSA report. After all, there are only entry record on CBSA report, no exit record.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I maintained my own list of trips to us apart from CBSA. CBSA had 10 entries and per my list I had 12. I was given a post test RQ and it has been approaching 6 months since test... so oath :) . You can see my timeline in my signature.

Rumor in the form is that Scarborough is way behind in processing the RQs and some are saying all the RQs go to St. Clair. So not sure how much time it will take. But when I call CIC, they say it will take upto to Feb 2016 to complete the processing of my app.

Raincouver said:
I just received my CBSA report and I found that I did almost 30 US one day trips within past 2 yrs. I did not realized that I made so many one day shopping trips.

Will it make trouble for citizenship application to me? How can I explain it when I submit application document?

Please give some ideas, Thank you guys..

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Raincouver, check out the experience of this applicant at interview. They also had 30 one day trips to the US

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-testinterview-experience-t226917.0.html