+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To shibleebd, Qorax, Rocky272727, ankit for advice & help!

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi shibleebd, Qorax, Rocky272727, ankit and all members
I need advice and help for my second application.

I have got rejected by London CHC in january this year and got rejection letter which state that i will get refund in 4 to 6 weeks. Also Rejection letter states that any original documents you have submitted are being returned to you.

I have not received any of my original documents including my IELTS result. It has been more than 12 weeks and i have not received refund as well. I have sent 2 case specific enquiry (first in feb & second in April) to London CHC but not got reply. I am still waiting for refund and original documents.

Meantime i have reapplied in feb to CIO and i got AOR from CIO Sydney to submit full docs to London CHC. I have got all documents ready to go for London CHC apart from my Original IELTS Result and Previous Employement Referance Letters which was not returned by London CHC.

Can you guys please help me or advice me what i have to do with regards to get my original documents from London CHC and refund.

Thank You
Desai

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say you should send your other documents with a cover letter stating that you have not received your
original documents from last application and therefore unable to submit at the time. Include you case number so that they can track your old application and get the documents. Or you can just wait n wait until they send you. This is just my thought.

Seniors will be able to give you a clear guidance.

Regards

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you saki
senior members can please comment on this.
Your advice urgently needed.
Thank you all

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDESAI1981 said:

I have got rejected by London CHC in january this year and got rejection letter which state that i will get refund in 4 to 6 weeks. Also Rejection letter states that any original documents you have submitted are being returned to you.

I have not received any of my original documents including my IELTS result. It has been more than 12 weeks and i have not received refund as well. I have sent 2 case specific enquiry (first in feb & second in April) to London CHC but not got reply. I am still waiting for refund and original documents.

Meantime i have reapplied in feb to CIO and i got AOR from CIO Sydney to submit full docs to London CHC. I have got all documents ready to go for London CHC apart from my Original IELTS Result and Previous Employement Referance Letters which was not returned by London CHC.

Can you guys please help me or advice me what i have to do with regards to get my original documents from London CHC and refund.

Thank You
Desai
Dear Desai,

Good to see your application progress again. Well, IELTS copy can be issued again with some minimal fee. If it is possible can you arrange the reference documents if yes then complete the file and send again with a covering letter and mention that CHC has the copies of those reference letters.

If not then I would suggest you send your file with the documents available with a file number and mention that CHC, London has the original documents (The one's which you do not have) under your old file no. Bxxxxxxxx. Prepare your file in a report format. Put a letter cover for every factor set documents copy. Example, for proof of funds, attach a cover letter stating which bank you have your account in, what was the date of account opening, and how much proof of funds in local currency as well as in CAD (Take 1 CAD = 46/47 INR) etc etc. It help the V/O and immigration officer to digitize your case quickly.

Best of luck and I wish you get a positive response.

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
SDesai,
It happened with me too and I had applied again.... I did not get the IELTS original results back from CHC... but when I called british Council for a copy of IELTS result, they told me that they do not send IELTS results duplicate copy to CHC as they do not need it... CHC have direct access to IELTS results and all you need to do is mention your enrolment no., they can access your results.. you can add a photocopy if you have one and mention the same in your new application... So need not worry...

All the best!

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SDESAI1981
i am really sorry to hear this from u. i wish this time u get ur visa.

as per ur original docs which i beleive are:
1. IELTS score sheet
2. Employment reference
3. PCC
4. Uni. transcript in uni. sealed envelope

this is what i think u should do to make sure this time u get pass the hurdle quicker than b4 & without hassle like last time:
1. IELTS score sheet: i think IELTS centres delivers 4 free copies without any charge (this is according to rules in UK). ask ur test centre to deliver one to ur friends address or to your job address if they refuse to deliver it again to ur residential address

2. Employment reference: ask ur employer very very politely to issue u another ref. letter (if he/she is really helpful & co-operative) or just say to ur employer that ur application is now in the next stage, so visa office need a second verification ref. letter from ur employer to start processing & so, u need this letter again (if he/ she is not that helpful & not understanding the pain u r going thru)

3. PCC: apply for it again asap as i think if u r in UK, it is pretty fast & easy to get PCC, takes only 15 days to get PCC from UK. if u pay premium fee u can get it in 2 days. however, if u r based in India or middle-east, it should also be alright to collect a 2nd PCC if not as easy as UK

4. Uni. transcript in uni. sealed envelope: this is the hardest of all 4 if u r not residing in a country where ur past universities r based. i would suggest u follow the same method as u did at the 1st application. i know it will be a bit painful but i think u should collect a new transcript if u didn't collect an extra original copy at the time of 1st application.

the reson i am asking u to submit everything at the same time when u submit full docs is that if u refer to ur 1st application for the above original docs, it will possibly create delay in processing ur application this time. think this way, evven when we submit all docs together, it still take a lot of time for London CHC to process our case (look at my thread for 'Received by Visa Office----London CHC---since Dec, 09 timeline), what will happen if u ask the lazy London CHC staffs to deal with docs in two files. i think it's better to submit all docs again instead of asking London CHC staffs to do it themselves. however, u r most welcome to refer to ur old application if u find it too difficult to collect the docs again
as per the refund, i think it will take at least 6-8 months to receive refund from London CHC. i found a link for u. there is one member named 'ASPIRE' who also got rejected from London CHC. i don't know if he/she is still active in this forum. u can send a PM to him/her & see if he/she replies to u. here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/refund-back-for-application-not-considered-under-new-rules-t22827.0.html

hope it helps & i was co-operating. i fully understand ur pain, my friend. i wish u get it thru & a very best of luck..................................

SDESAI1981 said:

Thank You
Desai

SDESAI1981

Star Member
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You Rocky272727, Canpuneet and Shibleebd.

First of all sorry for delay to say thank you very much.

I will make sure that i will add cover letter for each section which gives clear information to VO.
I have got another spare set of sealded transcript for both my bachelor's & master's.
Regarding PCC, i have got Indian PCC from Indian Embassy in 1 day from Edinburgh, Scotland.
I have applied for UK PCC which takes 1 week/2 week.
Regarding IELTS, I have spoken to Exam Centre and they will arrange another copy for me soon.

rocky272727/shibleebd,

The only thing i am worried to get Previous Employment Reference Letter. It will be ok to get new letter from present employer but will be more difficult to get from previous employment.

I have got scan copy of those letter which i have used in first application, can i just enclose copy of them in new application ?

I have got all payslips, tax & contract with me which i will be submitting anyway.

My present employment is only 3 years full time experience and all my previous employment are part time.

Please let me know what do you think whether scan copy of reference will be ok for my previous employment?

Thank You and Good Luck for your application specially to Canpuneet and Shibleebd.

Also Good Luck to Rocky272727 for your future in Canada.

Regards
Desai

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDESAI1981 said:

I will make sure that i will add cover letter for each section which gives clear information to VO.
I have got another spare set of sealded transcript for both my bachelor's & master's.
Regarding PCC, i have got Indian PCC from Indian Embassy in 1 day from Edinburgh, Scotland.
Regarding IELTS, I have spoken to Exam Centre and they will arrange another copy for me soon.

rocky272727/shibleebd,

The only thing i am worried to get Previous Employment Reference Letter. It will be ok to get new letter from present employer but will be more difficult to get from previous employment.

I have got scan copy of those letter which i have used in first application, can i just enclose copy of them in new application ?

I have got all payslips, tax & contract with me which i will be submitting anyway.

My present employment is only 3 years full time experience and all my previous employment are part time.

Please let me know what do you think whether scan copy of reference will be ok for my previous employment?

Thank You and Good Luck for your application specially to Canpuneet and Shibleebd.

Regards
Desai
Dear,

Sending scanned copy might not suffice but since CHC London already has your documents, then you can mention that to them in a letter and then it should be OK. Rest sending payslips and tax documents makes the case stronger.

My best wishes with you.

Rocky

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Desai
if there is no way that u can get a brand new ref. letter from ur previous employer, then i would do what ROCKY has said, attaching some extra docs like P60, payslips. but remember one thing, London CHC doesn't ask for P60, payslips.

but i think it would reduce ur application processing time at the London CHC stage, if u could just manage a brand new ref. letter from them somehow.

best of luck, my friend..........................

SDESAI1981 said:

rocky272727/shibleebd,

Regards
Desai

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
Hi SDesai,

I understand that you might have sent Original IELTS result to VO, however i'm not sure what other orgininal documents you have sent.

As rightly guided by Rockey, you can ask British council to send across your IELTS to VO, no need to worry about that.

Most of us have sent all the documents in notarized photo copies on executive bond. Only IELTS we need to send it in original. Please take care of sending only the photo copies of ur docs to VO when u send this time.