+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To extend stay of spouse of PG Work permit holder

kgopalsisodia

Mar 30, 2015
Hello All,

I have PG work permit and searching for a job in my field of study (doing a part-time job in a restaurant).
My wife currently has open work permit expiring on 3rd of Dec-17. She has TRV valid till 2021.
Since I don't have category 0, A or B job, I cant apply for work permit extension for my wife.
Can my wife stay in Canada as she has valid TRV? Does she need US tourist visa to get a 6-month stamp on her passport (re-entry in Canada)? Please respond..any suggestion would help?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The TRV does not allow her to remain in Canada 2021. If you don't have a NOC A, B or 0 job by late November, she will need to apply to change her status from worker to visitor and will need to stop working as soon as her work permit expires.

kgopalsisodia

Mar 30, 2015
The TRV does not allow her to remain in Canada 2021. If you don't have a NOC A, B or 0 job by late November, she will need to apply to change her status from worker to visitor and will need to stop working as soon as her work permit expires.
Hello Scylla,

Thank you very much for your response.

I got a job offer in the field of my study (Software Quality Analyst) and my joining date is 1-Nov-2017.
Based on the new scenario I have few more questions to ask.
1) As my wife's work permit is expiring on 3-Dec-17 and CIC rules say that we should apply for work permit extension one month before (by 3-Nov-17). Now I have job offer letter but I will not have payslip by 3-Nov-17. Should I apply for my wife's work permit extension before 3-Nov-17 (with the only job offer) or I should wait for my first payslip and then apply showing both job offer and payslip?
2) If I apply after 3-Nov-17 but before 3-Dec-17, will my wife be on the implied status of Worker? Can she continue her job while waiting for the extension?
3) As per CIC, employment letter and 3-month paystubs are required to apply for spouse work permit extension. Will they accept our extension application with my 2 weeks payslip?

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies.

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Hello Scylla,

Thank you very much for your response.

I got a job offer in the field of my study (Software Quality Analyst) and my joining date is 1-Nov-2017.
Based on the new scenario I have few more questions to ask.
1) As my wife's work permit is expiring on 3-Dec-17 and CIC rules say that we should apply for work permit extension one month before (by 3-Nov-17). Now I have job offer letter but I will not have payslip by 3-Nov-17. Should I apply for my wife's work permit extension before 3-Nov-17 (with the only job offer) or I should wait for my first payslip and then apply showing both job offer and payslip?
2) If I apply after 3-Nov-17 but before 3-Dec-17, will my wife be on the implied status of Worker? Can she continue her job while waiting for the extension?
3) As per CIC, employment letter and 3-month paystubs are required to apply for spouse work permit extension. Will they accept our extension application with my 2 weeks payslip?

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies.
Hi,

I have the exact setuation!

May you please share with us what you have done so far?
After one month and 1 day my OWP will expire, and my wife (the student) just started her NOC 0 job today.
I'm not sure what should I do!

Thanks

kgopalsisodia

Mar 30, 2015
Hi,
I have planned to apply for my wife's open work permit extension with my job offer letter only.
We will explain in explanation letter about the whole situation and propose them to send my next three pay stubs
as soon as I get them.
I hope it will work.

@All experienced members:
Hello All,
If anyone has any better suggestion please share.
Thanks a lot.