+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips to new Citizenship applicants: Check your passport entry/exit stamps!

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
Just wanted to share my experience with citizenship application:

My application package was complete, and I got to the interview part after passing the test. The CIC clerk noticed that my absence form didn't match with my passport, because one of the countries forgot to stamp my passport (they forgot the entry stamp, but they put the exit stamp).

I had to pull up the flight tickets to convince the clerk, and she was convinced afterwards. So just check your passport stamps to make sure that it supports your entry/exit dates in your citizenship application.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing. Otherwise will receive RQ after test, nicknamed nightmare of citizenship.

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
They compared everything from my Residence Calculator with my passports. Canada does not stamp your passport when you exit, so you have to rely on the country and make sure that they stamp your passport.

Another quick tip: I applied for a new passport after sending my citizenship application. They also asked for photocopies of that passport during the interview (thankfully I had the photocopies with me). Make sure you bring photocopies of all your expired, previous and current passports (biometric pages and stamps) to the interview.

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Quick question please. I have already submitted copies after all the passport pages as part of the initial application. Is it enough to take copies after the biometric pages only?
Thank you.

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
This is from the official Instruction Guide:

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

--

As long as you submitted biometric pages and extension pages (if any), you should be good.