Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Thinly said:
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my Job offer/occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!
You can't create an eligible EE profile if you don't meet with the minimum language requirements

mvempr

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 14th 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 8 2017
Nomination.....
Sept 29th 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 10th 2016
Med's Request
December 19th
Med's Done....
March 13th
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 15th
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
My work permit is about to expire in June. I am planning to apply for Bridging open work permit. I have "NO" in restrictions on employment in BC PNP. But I have employer name and NOC code on my PNP. Am I eligible for Bridging open workpermit. I am confused?

Need some clarification?

Thank you,

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Experts,

I am in process of submitting my application for BOWP I am sure many of them who applied for BOWP have answer to my questions let me give you little of background of my current status in Canada before I jump into the question. I am currently on a open work permit status and have received my AOR for PR under express entry on March 2, 2017 besides this I have provincial nomination certificate my open work permit is going to expire in the end of June, 2017 applying for BOWP where we are asked to submit form IMM5710 my confusion is with question number 3 where there are 4 different options which are

A work permit with same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
Temporary resident permit

Out of this its confirmed that I don't need to apply for restoration or temporary resident permit left with other 2 options 1) A work permit with same employer 2)An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer. I need to know your expert advise with selecting one of these factors

Also I would like to know if we are suppose to upload form IMM5257 as it shows under optional documents besides LOA, I thank you all for your replies in advance

Zainy

rasholm

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-03-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
Hi experts,

I have read on this thread that if we do not have enough room on form IM5710E page under employment to fill out all our employment history for the last 10 years then we are to print out extra pages and fill those out.

If we are applying online how do we include those extra pages? I am not able to add them to the IM5710E document which I have filled out electronically and have generated barcodes on, so I am left with attaching the extra pages to my letter of explanation. Is that the correct way of doing things?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
zainy89 said:
Hello Experts,

I am in process of submitting my application for BOWP I am sure many of them who applied for BOWP have answer to my questions let me give you little of background of my current status in Canada before I jump into the question. I am currently on a open work permit status and have received my AOR for PR under express entry on March 2, 2017 besides this I have provincial nomination certificate my open work permit is going to expire in the end of June, 2017 applying for BOWP where we are asked to submit form IMM5710 my confusion is with question number 3 where there are 4 different options which are

A work permit with same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
Temporary resident permit

Out of this its confirmed that I don't need to apply for restoration or temporary resident permit left with other 2 options 1) A work permit with same employer 2)An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer. I need to know your expert advise with selecting one of these factors

Also I would like to know if we are suppose to upload form IMM5257 as it shows under optional documents besides LOA, I thank you all for your replies in advance

Zainy
I asked the same thing to my lawyer yesterday. The answer is: A work permit with same employer
Even though later on the same form, you will select "open work permit".

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
mdeep83 said:
Hi All,

I have received an ITA and waiting to get my FBI PCC to submit the e-APR.
I am currently on closed work permit which is expiring in Jun 2017 (within the next 4 months)
However, my project assignment here in Canada is ending soon and my employer is asking me to relocate back , else I will have to resign.

Now my question is - can I apply for BOWP after being fired? Please do let me know.
Yes. You don't need to be employed for such.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Judlu said:
Same question:

My work permit expires on March 9th and I have really good chances to get ITA at the next EE draw on March 15th. Honestly I expected it to be on March 8th - in this case I could have 1 day to submit e-APR and then application to a bridging WP. But for some reason that draw took place on March 1st and it completely destroyed my plans because there won't be a draw on March 8th:((

Do I have any options to overcome this gap (just 6 days) between WP expiry date and e-APR submission so I could still apply for a bridging visa? What should I do? I really need to find some way to continue my work here as I have two kids and I need a stable income. My employer is interested to work with me but they will not go for LMIA.

A week ago I have applied on papers for a WP extension. I know it will be refused, I just hoped to win some time to continue work and keep my current status.

So what should I do now? Wait for ITA, apply for PR and than to apply for bridging WP anyway?

Or maybe try to apply to bridge before my current WP expires even without Acknowledgement letter for PR. I know such kind of application will be rejected but probably I'll be able to add this letter later to my application package? Just a week later when I get it...

Really don't know what to do.... Please help.
Probably gonna be rejected because one of the BOWP requirements is: have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Thinly said:
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my Job offer/occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!
Take IELTS again to better your score.

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
mvempr said:
My work permit is about to expire in June. I am planning to apply for Bridging open work permit. I have "NO" in restrictions on employment in BC PNP. But I have employer name and NOC code on my PNP. Am I eligible for Bridging open workpermit. I am confused?

Need some clarification?

Thank you,
To qualify, you must have applied under the:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Canadian Experience Class,
Federal Skilled Trades Program,
Provincial Nominee Program,
Caring for Children Class, or
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.
You must also:

currently be in Canada,
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months,
select “Open Work Permit” as the type of work permit when you complete your work permit application, and
pay the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.

Note: If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must not have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
rackishaquarian said:
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?
They say 36 days for the work permit... I haven't found anything about the BOWP itself though...

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have a question on BOWP and would appreciate any advise. After following the process step by step, as mentioned in this post, i am getting an option to either apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Open work permit however, no where it says "bridging work permit". Any advise on which option should I select for bridging open work permit.

Thanks

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Hello Guys,

I have a question on BOWP and would appreciate any advise. After following the process step by step, as mentioned in this post, i am getting an option to either apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Open work permit however, no where it says "bridging work permit". Any advise on which option should I select for bridging open work permit.

Thanks
There is not an specific application where it says BOWP... you will apply for a work permit and include your AOR on it.

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
cmoncanada said:
There is not an specific application where it says BOWP... you will apply for a work permit and include your AOR on it.
Thank you. I get a question in the eligibility questionnaire asking if I have a valid employment offer. I am working but i need an open work permit. should i select no or yes?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Thank you. I get a question in the eligibility questionnaire asking if I have a valid employment offer. I am working but i need an open work permit. should i select no or yes?
No. That's regarding LMIA.