Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
henrylam said:
There are some of the forms not enough space for us to fill. How can we deal with that?
pls refer CIC website link for more info.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp
Note: If you need more space, print out an additional page of the form, complete this section and submit it with your application.

giannetti22

Jul 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-08-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
13-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Is it possible to get BOWP if the current work permit expires april 2014.. I had got a two year work permit but the company has shortage of work so they let me go.

My CEC is applied in july 2012 still waiting for PPR but I need to start working. since I have a couple of offers.

Please help if this is even possible.

Thanks

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giannetti22 said:
Is it possible to get BOWP if the current work permit expires april 2014.. I had got a two year work permit but the company has shortage of work so they let me go.

My CEC is applied in july 2012 still waiting for PPR but I need to start working. since I have a couple of offers.

Please help if this is even possible.

Thanks
One of our forum member got BOWP,his case also same as yours. he wrote covering letter and explained in detailed why he need BOWP.
try your luck by applying BOWP with proper covering letter.its all depends on VO and our luck.

giannetti22

Jul 11, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
10-08-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
13-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
thanks for the reply..

Also what is schedule 1 ?

Do we need to add that?

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giannetti22 said:
thanks for the reply..

Also what is schedule 1 ?

Do we need to add that?
its optional document. but its better to fill and submit schedule 1.

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Hi there

I can't seem to find the answer to my question in any of the threads.

I am filling out the application to change condition form and Q3 asks what I am applying for. I am currently on a working holiday visa but I have a positive AOR. Therefore my WP is OPEN so do I choose Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit or Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker? The other 2 options are a work permit with your employer or a new employer but I don't think that would apply to me.

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley
Thanks

nevenj

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Bona64 said:
Hi there

I can't seem to find the answer to my question in any of the threads.

I am filling out the application to change condition form and Q3 asks what I am applying for. I am currently on a working holiday visa but I have a positive AOR. Therefore my WP is OPEN so do I choose Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit or Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker? The other 2 options are a work permit with your employer or a new employer but I don't think that would apply to me.

Any help would be much appreciated Smiley
Thanks
Hey, I was in the same situation (IEC Young Professionals). I read somewhere here what to put in Q3 but I can' find the topic now (Application form is a bit confusing when applying for BOWP). Anyhow, I have PDF document with WP application form and under question 3 I answered "A Work Permit With New Employer". Also, under section "Details of intended work in Canada" under question 1a select "Open Work Permit" and under 2a put "Not Applicable - Bridging Open Work Permit Application" and under 2b put "Not Applicable".

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
HI seniors, please, I feel confused about the form 5710 when applying BOWP:
At the beginning question 3
-------------------------------------------
I'm applying for one or more of the following:
---------------------------------------------
A work permit with same employer
A work permit with new employer
Restauration of temporary resident status as a worker
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

which one I should choose?
Actually I'm working the same employer but as it mentioned in tips, I;m not going to send my offer letter with BOWP application.

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluelagoon019 said:
If I choose ' the same employer', then the details of intended work in Canada is needed to provide in Q2-Q7 in form 5710?
Details of Intended work in Canada

Q1- Open Work Permit
Q2 -BOWP application - Not Applicable
Q3 to Q7 - Blank

Pls refer the link for Photo Sepcifications - its 35mm*45mm
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am listing the all BOWP Sample covering letters for benefit of forum members

Scenario 1

Covering letter for BOWP –With AOR and applicant eligible for BOWP application

NAME XXX
Address
Phone: +1-(XXX)-XXX-XXXX
Email : XXXXX @ gmail.com

Date: DD-MON-YYY

TO
Consular Officer
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section

RE: BOWP Application

Dear Consular Officer,
I, NameXXX, have been working in Canada since DD-MM-YYY for XYZ Inc on Work Permit. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). I am applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485.
---Mentioned Spouse details if you are applying for Spouse BOWP
OB485 (Operational Bulletin 485 - December 15, 2012)-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
Please find the below details of my CEC application.
UCI: XXXX/Application Number : XXXXX
Enclosed are following documents to validate.
1. The Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent from CIO.
2. My latest work Permit with which I am working in Ontario, Canada.
I request you to kindly consider this, as part of the documents required for processing my BOWP application.
Yours Sincerely,
XXX XXX
(Applicant)

############################################################################################################################
Scenario 2
Courtesy of cecnov2012
Covering letter for BOWP –WP was valid for more than 4 months (applicant has not meet BOWP eligibility criteria)

Sub: Request to consider my application for Bridging Open Work Permit

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am XXX in Toronto, Canada since DATE. I have applied for Permanent Resident under Canadian Experience Class in Nov 2012. I have received my confirmation from CIC that the application has been accepted for processing and I am currently awaiting medical examination request. Though my current work permit is valid until DATE I would like you to consider my application for bridging open work permit due to below reason.

The contract between my employer and the client for whom I am currently working is terminating by end of Aug 2013, so I will have to leave Canada but I would like to stay in Canada and look for a job. So it would be helpful if I have an open work permit until I know the decision on my PR application. Hence I kindly request you to consider my application for bridging open work.

I hereby promise to leave Canada upon the expiry of the issued open work permit if a decision is yet to be taken on my PR application within the issued open work permit period. I have attached a copy of the confirmation e-mail I received from CIC with this letter.

Please contact me at XXX XXX XXXX or email @ gmail.com if you require any further information.

Client id: XXXX-XXXX
File id: EXXXXXXX

Thank you.

############################################################################################################################
Scenario 3
Courtesy of ameya
Covering letter for BOWP –Without AOR (before received AOR or PR application payment changed)

EXPLANATION LETTER - Client ID: xxxx-xxxx
May 9, 2013
Citizenship & Immigration – Work Permit
CPC – Vegreville
6212 – 55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB, T9C 1X6

APPLICATION FOR BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT
Please find submitted my application for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in accordance with Operation Bulletin 485.
My current open work permit is set to expire on xxxx. By submitting this application I understand I will be on implied status until a decision is made.
I have submitted my application for Permanent Residency (PR) under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) which was received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on xxxx. This met the criteria that I had just passed 12 months of employment in Canada.
At the date of this online application for the BOWP, I have not yet received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). I anticipate this will be received around the end of May or shortly thereafter.
Therefore I kindly ask that at the time of processing my application for the BOWP, that you check my CEC application status and AOR under my Client ID number xxxx-xxxx or contact me to request a copy of the AOR.
I am seeking a BOWP however, I am currently employed by the xxxx on a contract until xxxx, subject to receiving a work permit past xxxx. I have attached to this file the letter of offer and current reference that was used for my PR application.
I appreciate your consideration and thank you for your efforts.
Sincerely
xxx

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Berm88 said:
I recently applied for a BOWP and I did indicate my current employer and I put my job offer letter... I did not attach my AOR though, is this really bad?
I don't think there's a way for me to include the AOR at this stage anymore or the letter of explanation, I am freaking out!!! Please help!!
Hey,

Did you receive your BOWP?

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello folks,

I am trying to upload my IMM5710 form for BOWP online but it keeps giving me the this message:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

To apply for a temporary resident permit, please complete the application on paper and submit it to a CIC office. When applying online, please ensure that the checkbox titled "initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit" is not checked on the application form.

Please suggest me what to do!

thanks in advance :(

Smarty_1982

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jun-2013
AOR Received.
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-September-2014
Med's Done....
16-September-2014 RPRF request : 20-September-2014
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-dec-2014
Does any one know what is the current processing time for online Bridge Open Work permit?
My contract ending on 30th Sep and I have closed WP till Feb 2015 and I applied for BOWP on 1st Sept, fingers crossed Sad