N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jaski said:
Guys i just called CIC since i was so confused with everything. I explained the whole situation the lady and she told me
To wait on hold while she clarifies it with officer. She said income requirement is based on every year. 2013 income must meet the 2013 family size and same for other years. She said if you get married in 2017 after submitting your application just make sure that do have enough income for 4 people from 2017 onwards. Your family size changing in 2017 has nothing to do with 2013,2013 or 2015. We qualify people on basis of family size every year. Big relief !
That's what I said...

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Canada Post made huge mistake of delivering the stamped passports from Ottawa CIC to another Province instead of Ontario. This is so upsetting and scary. :mad:

They have opened high priority case but I am freaking out like hell! Hope they screwed the tracking number and not the actual package which is already delivered to XX province.

When passports are being stamped from Ottawa, CIC does not give option to select other couriers, but only the un-trustable Canada Post!

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Luda345 said:
Congrats )). But to be totally on the safe side try to call CIC again or better ask them through their webform so you would have an answer in written form. My husband called CIC twice and got 2 absolutely DIFFERENT answers for the same question. Then we contacted CIC by email and their reply was different from 2 previous answers lol, but at least we can refer to that email answer in future if needed.

Thanks luda, for reference I also inquired from few consultants and have the same answer. Also same of other family friends with same situation in the past. Hope for the best

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
jesa said:
Same situation....but my mom received e-mail form cic 2 weeks ago to see the physician again...doctor says CIC asking to do the chest x-ray again on or after dec. 30 (six month after the up front medical)
So did your online status ever changed to "medical results received"? Why some people get upfront request some get regular medical request ? What does it based on ?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
So did your online status ever changed to "medical results received"? Why some people get upfront request some get regular medical request ? What does it based on ?
No changed since July...Medical Review In Progress, received the medical but no decision made "Passed" or "Failed"
No Idea but, I think the Physician/Clinic who put Up front Medical, coz i review the Medical Request send by CIC no such thing as "Up front" or "Regular" Medical

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
N.BZ said:
Hi,

I tried to add my information in the SS. Can someone please check if I'm in?

Thanks,
You're in.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I haven't received a PPR yet but have a question.

Should my parents send their passports directly from Korea to Ottawa? Can they send them to me(Ontario) first then I send them to Ottawa if we want it that way?
If it's the latter, I guess Ottawa will send the stamped passports to me and I should send them to my parents.

Can someone clarify this for me?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spidec said:
I have updated the SS. Thanks Rossei for all your help and of course spending your free time starting this forum topic :)
Congrats :D.

So, looking at the SS it seems like it usually takes about 2-3 months from time medical is requested to the time PPR is received.

UPDATE:

I tried linking my application in the MyCIC account. After several attempts I found the problem was the number of family members on the application. I was putting 2 (father and mother) but then I read the 'Info' section in the SS and entered 4 (myself, spouse, father, mother) and then it worked. :D.

Also, on that note I just remembered that I just had a baby few days ago. So I will need to let CIC know about this. What's the best way to inform? Just email them saying that I have a new baby and now the family size is going to be 5?

Thanks.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
SH Korea said:
I haven't received a PPR yet but have a question.

Should my parents send their passports directly from Korea to Ottawa? Can they send them to me(Ontario) first then I send them to Ottawa if we want it that way?
If it's the latter, I guess Ottawa will send the stamped passports to me and I should send them to my parents.

Can someone clarify this for me?
If your parents are in Korea, then they should send to office in Korea only. Ottawa office deals with passport stamping for applicants staying in Canada, even though it may be handling the applications for applicants not in Ottawa.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
blueboy said:
Congrats :D.

So, looking at the SS it seems like it usually takes about 2-3 months from time medical is requested to the time PPR is received.

UPDATE:

I tried linking my application in the MyCIC account. After several attempts I found the problem was the number of family members on the application. I was putting 2 (father and mother) but then I read the 'Info' section in the SS and entered 4 (myself, spouse, father, mother) and then it worked. :D.

Also, on that note I just remembered that I just had a baby few days ago. So I will need to let CIC know about this. What's the best way to inform? Just email them saying that I have a new baby and now the family size is going to be 5?

Thanks.
just alerting you, assume you have informed CIC about the new member, and if you are asked to submit your Option C or NOA for this year, make sure you meet the income category of including the new member.

indirectly you are inviting some challenges

note: i am not giving you ideas, just alerting you

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
sapguru said:
If your parents are in Korea, then they should send to office in Korea only. Ottawa office deals with passport stamping for applicants staying in Canada, even though it may be handling the applications for applicants not in Ottawa.
I see.. I thought since Ottawa is our local visa office, we should send them to Ottawa. I guess I can just follow their instructions once we get PPR.
Thanks!

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
just alerting you, assume you have informed CIC about the new member, and if you are asked to submit your Option C or NOA for this year, make sure you meet the income category of including the new member.

indirectly you are inviting some challenges

note: i am not giving you ideas, just alerting you
I haven't informed yet. I am waiting for the birth certificate to come in. PPR request might come in before the birth certificate. Nonetheless, I do satisfy the LICO for a family of 5.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
blueboy said:
I haven't informed yet. I am waiting for the birth certificate to come in. PPR request might come in before the birth certificate. Nonetheless, I do satisfy the LICO for a family of 5.
then all good, do it whenever you have all necessary docs...