+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
jaski said:
Yes and there is nothing saying that you have to expect your family size for upcoming 6 or what so ever years and start showing income for your unexpected or unborn kids. Income is based on family soze every year, this is how it was previously. The only thing changed is requirement of three years of income instead of just one year. Before issuing visa officer might or will asses or re evaluate income based on current family size and current income.
You better double-check. If they increased the term from 1 year to 3 years then they might changed 12 months to 36 months (preceding the day of changing the family size). Then they would use 2013, 2014, 2015 for recalculating LICO numbers.

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Luda345 said:
You better double-check. If they increased the term from 1 year to 3 years then they might changed 12 months to 36 months (preceding the day of changing the family size). Then they would use 2013, 2014, 2015 for recalculating LICO numbers.

That is not a small change to be made and if it is changed to 36 months then it should have properly and more detailed mentioned. If it is still 12 months on the website and it is mentioned nowhere else. Very strong chances based on these facts

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
jaski said:
That is not a small change to be made and if it is changed to 36 months then it should have properly and more detailed mentioned. If it is still 12 months on the website and it is mentioned nowhere else. Very strong chances based on these facts
Hi guys,

What's the difference between upfront medical exam and regular medial exam? My parents did up front medical exams. Medial reports were submitted by physician end of July. However, there is still no update online saying "medical results received." What should I do? Is this normal?

Thank you!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
avi_15 said:
This is utterly incorrect. You have to maintain the new income LICO after the family size changes. For previous years it based upon the old family size.

Please do not disseminate INCORRECT INFORMATION
COMPLETELY IGNORANT!!!! Have you even applied for update of status and then see if they will request an update in income requirments! Do not spread the wrong information, please CLARIFY with CIC, the requirements have changed from 1 year to 3 years and only document accepted is Income tax return or Option C print out and only 1 line is looked at 150 for 3 years! Previously it was asked to reassess 12 months preceeding the changes due to the requirements of only current year income, that have CHANGED!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JL2015 said:
Hi guys,

What's the difference between upfront medical exam and regular medial exam? My parents did up front medical exams. Medial reports were submitted by physician end of July. However, there is still no update online saying "medical results received." What should I do? Is this normal?

Thank you!
Same situation....but my mom received e-mail form cic 2 weeks ago to see the physician again...doctor says CIC asking to do the chest x-ray again on or after dec. 30 (six month after the up front medical)

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
WOOHOO Good news... just received email for PPR from SVO for both parents! 1 month for passport return. Thanks everyone & I wish remaining 2015 & 2016 Parents Sponsorship applicants for quick process. ;D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: important question - please help

jaski said:
LOL ! thats a joke, CIC cannot do that. my family size at time of application is 3 and i do meet the required for 2013,2014 and 2015 for three people. Then again i am getting married in February which is after the applications and everything is submitted. If they decided to reject my application saying that my family size changed in 2017 which makes no sense at all. I cannot add my spouse because she's in not in Canada. I will take them to court since there is nothing on the website that says that income requirement must meet the expected possible family size you can have till this application is processed. It is calculated on yearly basis for a reason. I will give it a try and I will challenge their decision in court because they cannot create their own rules unless they are mention legally.
I see that there has already been an argument over this. Well, to me, both parties are right. However you cannot draw a line here. CIC is asking for NOA for last 3 taxation years to make their best estimate on if the sponsor will be able to meet financial requirements of his/her full family size in future. You said you cannot add your spouse because she isn't in Canada yet; well how are you adding your parents then? But it's also true that you don't have to count her in your family size when you launch the application.

However you're obliged to notify CIC if your family size increases/decreases due to marriage, divorce, birth, death etc. When you do so, CIC will re-evaluate your financial eligibility. If your income from last 3 taxation years (2013, 2014 & 2015) covers the increased family size, they may not ask for additional docs. But if it doesn't, CIC will most likely want to see your recent year's NOA (2016). CIC will make a decision upon all these 4 years' income.

"The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cutoffs (LICOs) plus 30%, taking into account the number of family members for whom you are or will be financially responsible." (Guide 5772)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
spidec said:
WOOHOO Good news... just received email for PPR from SVO for both parents! 1 month for passport return. Thanks everyone & I wish remaining 2015 & 2016 Parents Sponsorship applicants for quick process. ;D
Congrats!

Are you in the SS?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spidec said:
Congratulation!!!!!

What LVO?
2015 or 2016?

kanata2016

May 27, 2016
Rossei said:
It will be extremely hard for them to get the TRV while their PR is in-process since it shows a clear intention to live in Canada permanently. However, you can launch an application anytime you want. But since you're already waiting for PPR, you may not need to apply at all.
I have applied for PGP 2016 for my mother and it is in process in NDVO. But because of personal circumstances I have applied for visitor visa for my mother as well so that she can be here in Jan 2017. As you mentioned I was apprehensive whether they will grant the visa since PGP is in process. I applied for TRV online on Nov 8 and just today received the original passport request :D So I believe it all depends on the circumstances. I have to say that my mom is working and she has attached employment letter and leave granting letter with her application. She has already visited Canada once on TRV and I think that helped.

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
SINGAPORE - 2016

jesa said:
Congratulation!!!!!

What LVO?
2015 or 2016?

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
I have updated the SS. Thanks Rossei for all your help and of course spending your free time starting this forum topic :)

Rossei said:
Congrats!

Are you in the SS?

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
deerestlovelybear said:
COMPLETELY IGNORANT!!!! Have you even applied for update of status and then see if they will request an update in income requirments! Do not spread the wrong information, please CLARIFY with CIC, the requirements have changed from 1 year to 3 years and only document accepted is Income tax return or Option C print out and only 1 line is looked at 150 for 3 years! Previously it was asked to reassess 12 months preceeding the changes due to the requirements of only current year income, that have CHANGED!

Guys i just called CIC since i was so confused with everything. I explained the whole situation the lady and she told me
To wait on hold while she clarifies it with officer. She said income requirement is based on every year. 2013 income must meet the 2013 family size and same for other years. She said if you get married in 2017 after submitting your application just make sure that do have enough income for 4 people from 2017 onwards. Your family size changing in 2017 has nothing to do with 2013,2013 or 2015. We qualify people on basis of family size every year. Big relief !

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
Hi

Stupid question - If CIC asks me to pay Right for PR Fee does that mean the PR is granted. Or are there still additional procedures they follow.

Thanks

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
jaski said:
Guys i just called CIC since i was so comfused with everything. I explained the whole situation the lady and she told me
To wait on hold while she clarifies it with officer. She said income requirememt is based on every year. 2013 income must meet the 2013 family size and same for other years. She said if you get married in 2017 after submitting your application just make sure that do have enough income for 4 people from 2017 onwards. Your family size changing in 2017 has nothing to do with 2013,2013 or 2015. We qualify people on basis of family size every year. Big relief !
Congrats )). But to be totally on the safe side try to call CIC again or better ask them through their webform so you would have an answer in written form. My husband called CIC twice and got 2 absolutely DIFFERENT answers for the same question. Then we contacted CIC by email and their reply was different from 2 previous answers lol, but at least we can refer to that email answer in future if needed.