+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
RAVIJAN2016 said:
Hi thanks yeti,
Even though my online tracking website say medical results not needed at this time still my parents should get it done and submit them their results to make it faster. please share your experience. please tell me more when did you file case and hows your progress.
HI Ravijan,
I don't recommend anyone to do medical test in advance as it has an expiry date and what if you didn't get a call with in that time frame. That's a waste of time and money both. Better to wait a bit, as i can tel you from my experience that this time the process in most of the VAC is moving so fast.

I have not case any file. I had sent one email to NDVO to clarify about the automated email received from them about submitting few documents if i have not already submitted, but i never get reply from them till today.
I am Jan 5th batch from Purolator and other timelines are unto date in google sheet 2016 shared by Rossei.

Thanks,
Y

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
yeti090 said:
HI Ravijan,
I don't recommend anyone to do medical test in advance as it has an expiry date and what if you didn't get a call with in that time frame. That's a waste of time and money both. Better to wait a bit, as i can tel you from my experience that this time the process in most of the VAC is moving so fast.

I have not case any file. I had sent one email to NDVO to clarify about the automated email received from them about submitting few documents if i have not already submitted, but i never get reply from them till today.
I am Jan 5th batch from Purolator and other timelines are unto date in google sheet 2016 shared by Rossei.

Thanks,
Y
May be applying for PCC in advance could help ;-)

Asor

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lili2013 said:
hello,

When did they charged your credit card? how long it takes for you? I am waiting for CSQ
They charged cc around 2 weeks after submission of application. It took around 4-5 weeks to get the CSQ.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Need some information about medical :
What the option available if CIC says medical failed .
Could someone please let me know .

fran4756

Jan 19, 2016
I received an email of sponsorship approval for my mother in June 2016. The E-cas status is still set to "application received" and has not changed since January. Has anyone else experienced this? I am not sure if this is normal. Thanks in advance!

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to use the link application on the CIC website too. However, I am not the sponsor (my sister and brother in law are) but we passed the use of representative form when we send our application. I am the representative. will that be okay?

thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nav1982 said:
Need some information about medical :
What the option available if CIC says medical failed .
Could someone please let me know .
CIC Medical Officers at RMO conduct IMA after PP provides IME result. If they have some doubts. they will ask for additional tests to be done via PP. It's pretty rare to deny PR on medial grounds. You can find more info in section 4.6 and 4.7 of DMP Handbook.

RMO = Regional Medical Office
IMA = Immigration Medical Assessment
IME = Immigration Medical Exam
PP = Panel Physician

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
fran4756 said:
I received an email of sponsorship approval for my mother in June 2016. The E-cas status is still set to "application received" and has not changed since January. Has anyone else experienced this? I am not sure if this is normal. Thanks in advance!
Have you checked your mother's E-Cas?

Also, try to link the application with your mother's MyCIC account. Details are given on Info sheet of the spreadsheet.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
random hero said:
i did put my city name , i remember this is something we specified when we submitted the application initially !
Thank you all who responded. I was kind of sure so was putting my city and province where I live but just wanted to double check if this was creating a problem to link the application.

I wrote to them for technical difficulties. Let's see if they respond back and what exactly do they reply.

Harnit

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Rossei said:
CIC Medical Officers at RMO conduct IMA after PP provides IME result. If they have some doubts. they will ask for additional tests to be done via PP. It's pretty rare to deny PR on medial grounds. You can find more info in section 4.6 and 4.7 of DMP Handbook.

RMO = Regional Medical Office
IMA = Immigration Medical Assessment
IME = Immigration Medical Exam
PP = Panel Physician
Thank you ,

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
Ok, Thanks.

My case is little different as my parents already went through medical exam during their super visa application. We will reuse the existing exam as reference. For that, I need to communicate with LVO about this change. My question will be for the applicants who had reused the existing medical exam, how did they communicate with CIC?
When did they do the medical for their super visa? Was it done recently?

Harnit

mani_7835

Sep 11, 2012
ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-03-2014
Hello Friends,

Today I logged into ECAS and now it shows status as In Progress under Sponsorship Status.
When I click on In Progress, it shows me that - "We started processing your application on June 15, 2016.".

It shows that started processing on June 15 But I have not received any communication nor email or mail from CIC about the status.

I am 9:43 June 4 Purolator batch.

Any suggestions/thoughts

Thanks

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
harnit2010 said:
Thank you all who responded. I was kind of sure so was putting my city and province where I live but just wanted to double check if this was creating a problem to link the application.

I wrote to them for technical difficulties. Let's see if they respond back and what exactly do they reply.

Harnit
most people including myself were confused with the number of family members on the application.

the equation is : the sponsor + co-signer (if there is any) + how many people you are sponsoring , for example you as a sponsor + your wife as a co-signer + your mom and dad (if you are sponsoring both) = 4

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
harnit2010 said:

Harnit
How it worked for one of my applications: besides specifying the number of family members correctly, I left the City and Country of Birth BOTH blank, and I used Application# and Family Name.
Try it.