+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Me too. Are you from the 2nd 5000 batch?

Is there anyone in the forum from 2nd 5000 batch who have received SA, especially for the parents being sponsored from India?
Yes, My friend got Medical and PCC request back in July from NDVO. He is from 2nd batch.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kh31017 said:
Got Pcc and medical request yesterday . Called BLS they said it takes 4-6 weeks to get pcc from India but CIC needs pcc submitted in next 30 days . Can I get it from India somehow ?
I am from Punjab and there is a way to get it from the local SSP/police commissioner office. you should have someone go to their office and ask the staff/check the police website. I just had to fill in a form and got it within a week. Please make sure that once you get it you do not use India post (even speed post) to get it back to Canada. Use a courier company otherwise it will get stuck at CBSA.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
citizenship_seeker said:
I am from Punjab and there is a way to get it from the local SSP/police commissioner office. you should have someone go to their office and ask the staff/check the police website. I just had to fill in a form and got it within a week. Please make sure that once you get it you do not use India post (even speed post) to get it back to Canada. Use a courier company otherwise it will get stuck at CBSA.
When i was sponsored by my wife in 2011, i used fedex to send the PCC. It was delivered in 3-4 days.

Indiapost regular or India speed post is slow but how would it get stuck at CBSA? I think CBSA monitors every incoming international mail regardless of what courier you use. I might be wrong.

This is what i have found:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
nav1982 said:
Can anybody please describe the Medical test . i have appointment for my parents in Toronto and a little worry about . Or some one can please Refer a Doctor in Toronto Area.

Thank you,
general test (ears, mouth, eye)
blood test
urine test
breast test (for women)
questionnaire

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
When i was sponsored by my wife in 2011, i used fedex to send the PCC. It was delivered in 3-4 days.

Indiapost regular or India speed post is slow but how would it get stuck at CBSA? I think CBSA monitors every incoming international mail regardless of what courier you use. I might be wrong.

This is what i have found:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html
I think with the courier service you pay extra for faster processing at CBSA. Hence they go to a priority line.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
random hero said:
general test (ears, mouth, eye)
blood test
urine test
breast test (for women)
questionnaire
Thank you

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
Hello,

So you don't need to go and present there. Could you please tell in detail what is the procedure to get PCC fro Punjab.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
toronto_dun said:
Just got medicals requested for both parents (Jan. 4 first batch, case in Ottawa). No police certificate request for some reason.
I Opened my mothers account.When my brother received the mail it was only for medical but when I visited my cic account there were 2 messages one of which was for PCC.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I have received Medical and PCC requests for my parents today.

My parents had come to Canada on supervisa last month and they went through medical in India in June. Can that medical report be reused for the PGP Medical?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sapguru said:
I have received Medical and PCC requests for my parents today.

My parents had come to Canada on supervisa last month and they went through medical in India in June. Can that medical report be reused for the PGP Medical?
Yes.

- If it was done with e-Medical enabled doctor, it becomes very easy. You will need to ask the doctor to re-link the previous medical report with your parents' IME No (which will be provided in IME1017 form by CIC when they send you the medical request).
- If it was done on paper, I exactly don't know if only attaching previous medical confirmation will suffice. You still can ask the doctor or CIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi,

I got PCC/IME and other documents request and submitted them on 29 August 2016. LVO is New Delhi. I linked my application to MY CIC account today. My SA has been approved but the "Review of eligibility- Review in Progress" is being shown in My CIC. I was wondering why that is the case? Should this status not have been changed to "Passed"?

I did update the marital status in my application though. I got married in February and did provide that information in my documents that I sent to CIC recently. Would that have led to this? I have enough income for this increase in family size and I also sent my option C print outs for the last 4 years along with PCC and other documents. If in case my eligibility needs to be determined again will NDVO be able to do that there itself and it will be quick or they will have to send the file back to CPC- Mississauga to do that?
You don't need to worry. Review of eligibility has nothing to do with Sponsor's financial eligibility; it rather means PR eligibility of your parents. Medical, PCC and Background Checks - everything needs to pass before someone becomes eligible for PR. So, until everything is cleared, it would probably say "Review in-Progress".

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Rossei said:
Yes.

- If it was done with e-Medical enabled doctor, it becomes very easy. You will need to ask the doctor to re-link the previous medical report with your parents' IME No (which will be provided in IME1017 form by CIC when they send you the medical request).
- If it was done on paper, I exactly don't know if only attaching previous medical confirmation will suffice. You still can ask the doctor or CIC.
Thanks Rossei. Can you also update status on the google sheet? I have an entry under sapguru.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
nav1982 said:
Hello,

So you don't need to go and present there. Could you please tell in detail what is the procedure to get PCC fro Punjab.
+1 for similar request. My parents just came to Canada on Supervisa and now they have been requested to submit medical/pcc. I checked Punjab Police website and they give option to get certificate for person in India and not in India, both. I am not sure which option is better as there are ways to prove the person is there when he is not. ;)

http://punjabpolice.gov.in/cprc.aspx