Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To ppl who used purolator, would you ever ship anything by purolator in the future?
I'm kicking myself for not using fed/ups

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
kkim604 said:
To ppl who used purolator, would you ever ship anything by purolator in the future?
I would suggest a local courier (Happy Road, VW, MMCourier, Current Express). I think next time around, most people will go for local couriers based on this year's outcomes, and larger companies won't stand a chance. Unless CIC changes the process by then. Sorry that purolator delayed your delivery, there's still hope. CC charges will probably continue to the end of Jan. Stay positive!

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
kkim604 said:
I feel the same way too... but I guess the only thing we can do now is be patient and WAIT... I am from the "9 43 AM" Purolator batch.... Sent from SK :'(

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
And when everyone jumps on local couriers, the same problem will start happening: there will be one who gets there last, maybe even the one that was first this year.

There is no telling or planning what will work next year.

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Just for statistics:

I sent my package by a Mississauga based courier company called Critical Path Couriers (great customer service).

Package was delivered on January 4, 2016 @ 9:35 a.m.
CC charged January 13, 2016 @ 4:36 p.m.

pacific2016

Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkim604 said:
Just wanted to let you know that I used ups overnight std. Did not pay too expensive delivery. UPS arrived on time and My cc got charged in this week.
From my stand point, ups - job done well. and you will also find many responses by going previous pages to see comment from UPS batch applicants.
Most of them got charged on their cc.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MissFrowz said:
I would suggest a local courier (Happy Road, VW, MMCourier, Current Express). I think next time around, most people will go for local couriers based on this year's outcomes, and larger companies won't stand a chance. Unless CIC changes the process by then. Sorry that purolator delayed your delivery, there's still hope. CC charges will probably continue to the end of Jan. Stay positive!
This is one of the major drawback of fcfs process. Whoever has the money, will get in front of the line. Supply and Demand will always come into play whenever fcfs exist. People will always find a way to beat the system. As much as everyone hates this, Lottery system eliminates this completely. No one can beats the lotto system. McCallum cannot eliminate the problem of fcfs system as long as the cap exists. I am very curious as to what solution McCallum will come up for 2017 PGP.

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
screech339 said:
This is one of the major drawback of fcfs process. Whoever has the money, will get in front of the line. Supply and Demand will always come into play whenever fcfs exist. People will always find a way to beat the system. As much as everyone hates this, Lottery system eliminates this completely. No one can beats the lotto system. McCallum cannot eliminate the problem of fcfs system as long as the cap exists. I am very curious as to what solution McCallum will come up for 2017 PGP.
Agreed.

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
kkim604 said:
Me too. :'( Considering UPS was just 400 meters away from our place. I feel so bad atm. That Guaranteed 9 am delivery by Purolator was such a disappointment! Never again will I use Purolator! :mad:

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
screech339 said:
For the working holiday visa I got way back when there was a good online system in place.
When quotas open, new application packs were published every year, then people were filling docs and submitting online. That was working fine: people who had prepared documents were ready to fill in the new paperwork and submit the same day.
Then it was a case by case assessment. Not just based on complete application but successful applications only were debited.

I don't understand the need to print docs and bar codes, mail everything, only to be entered in a system... why not go online fully! Worse comes to worst, then request some original docs down the road.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
kkim604 said:
Will never use them.. not only they delayed my application by one day which may affect my chance of being accepted this year but they also delayed one of my international package I sent it through them. Worst service ever... I don't know why I used them when my first choice was FedEx...cursing myself jeezzzzz

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
There was an article in the Toronto Star newspaper on this (Immigration sponsors paying couriers to get applications to front of line). You can google it (I couldn't post a link here).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I had a delayed international delivery experience with Purolator however I chose them this time because of 9 am delivery service.
My always first preference was FedEx, but I didn't choose it because they didn't have any 9 am delivery service and I was concerned that my application might get delivered late but it delivered before Purolator as per various posts in this forum.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I had a delayed international delivery experience with Purolator however I chose them this time because of 9 am delivery service.
My always first preference was FedEx, but I didn't choose it because they didn't have any 9 am delivery service and I was concerned that my application might get delivered late but it delivered before Purolator as per various posts in this forum.
Luckily i didnt choose purolator as it was not close to my work and I didnt read about last year shipping experiences..The forum however helped me with various application tips but I never knew abt the race to get things shipped faster. I was planning to schedule it for next day but something in my mind asked me to choose jan 4 10:30 delivery time for ups. Man...this is so complicated....