13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
thecoolguysam said:
When I chatted with purolator, it was between 1 and 2 pm EST and the agent said that the delivery guy is still in lineup for delivery of 700 applications, however the delivery stamp is 9:43 on my delivery notice. I am not sure if purolator is lying or it is indeed some of their local helpers who delivered the application on purolator's behalf between 9 and 10 am because many people reported that purolator was no where seen till 10 am at CIC office
Even I have exactly the same view point as yours...and is not sure what exactly happened...if Purolator used local courior and the appls were really delivered around 9 am...then someone at least from our little pool should have been charged by now...

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
koonisr said:
How can we find out if we are in the 5000 cap or 10,000 cap?
You can't until they announce officially on the cic website.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koonisr said:
How can we find out if we are in the 5000 cap or 10,000 cap?
There's really no way I think to verify that. But if your CC got charged early, there's a high possibility that you are in the 5k cap. Those charged later, can 'assume' that they are in the 10k.

just my two cents. :)

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
dchoudh said:
Even I have exactly the same view point as yours...and is not sure what exactly happened...if Purolator used local courior and the appls were really delivered around 9 am...then someone at least from our little pool should have been charged by now...
Purolator usually use local courier for Same Day service. Maybe they are mixing things up.

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
planningtogo said:
There's really no way I think to verify that. But if your CC got charged early, there's a high possibility that you are in the 5k cap. Those charged later, can 'assume' that they are in the 10k.

just my two cents. :)

May be, I should be patient for few more weeks. This is killing me.

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
I called CIC and the agent said only the first 5000 will be processed, 5000-10k will be retained until informed later. Therefore if you've got charged now I assume you are in the first 5k.

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
_MK_ said:
I wouldn't put too much credibility into the projection.

If we are to believe it to be true, then CIC somehow would have to accept over 10000 applications in less 2 hours or about a 100 applications per minute which is absurd. Remember CIC only had 2/3 people receiving. Even if they receive a large box full of apps, they still need to open it and count before signing for it.

I think 700-1000 is more realistic for day one 1 on purolator. Each of the big couriers probably had a similar high number but likely slightly smaller since the majority chose Purolator due to last year's success. The smaller local ones had a few hundred each at the most(some more and most not as many).

CIC received 14000 in 3 days according to their website. People who got their apps in on Jan 5/6 are also probably within the cutoff limit of 10k.

12:30 pm on jan 4is probably still within 5k.
No one should put any credibility in your theories as well.. you are suggesting that 12:30 batch would make it to the 5K cut - seriously how did you arrive at that conclusion ? Consider this - the first guy in line was a local GTA courier and he had 700 apps - there were atleast 4 or 5 other local couriers behind him, lets assume they combined had another 700 apps. Then the big 3 Fedex, UPS , and purolator ~1k each - this takes you to 4.4K before 10 am - and wait we don't even know how many were there in the canada post box. So hoping that anything after 10-10:30 made it to the first 5 K is being over-optimistic.

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
My friend got CC charged today - she's UPS 6:31 ADUSEI batch. (just added her info to the list)
I'm Fedex 9:19, Tammy and still waiting :(

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kani said:
hello everyone,

Has anyone paid fee with bank draft instead of certified check this year ?

Thanks
Cic write so to cover their situation lest bank draft comes from foreign bank. Ur payment is fine. Atlest this was case till last year.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Hi guys , my cc got the 550 charge around 10 am today , I'm from the UPS ,7:36am ADUSEI batch , good luck to all of you guys , and hopefully the wait for our apps will be less than 5 years .

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Tilikun said:
Hi guys , my cc got the 550 charge around 10 am today , I'm from the UPS ,7:36am ADUSEI batch , good luck to all of you guys , and hopefully the wait for our apps will be less than 5 years .
5 years sound very hopeless. I hope Liberals can do better than that. :-\
5 years wait is a no improvement from the current system, even worse.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Kani said:
Yes, you are right it was bank draft. Screwd by Td bank, i asked for certified check but was given a draft. I didnt know the difference between them or how it looks like.
i went to branch today, while asking why i was a given a draft when i asked for a draft, their manager said "both works in same way, if they are going to accept certified check, they should accept bank draft as well.

So, i am not sure if cpc going to accept my file or not. it was sent through UPS on 4th jan on 7.36 am though.
So did you find out whether your bank draft has been cashed or not? I assume all the bank drafts would be deposited by CIC with certified cheques later on.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Now I am SUPER regretted to choose certified cheques as my payment method. Seeing everyone else's credit card got charged, but not being able to find out when my cheque was cashed is driving me nuts! Grrrrrr...it makes no sense to me that the bank can't find it out! I am using TD, but how about other banks?

meisetsu

Jan 14, 2016
r3su1 said:
Now I am SUPER regretted to choose certified cheques as my payment method. Seeing everyone else's credit card got charged, but not being able to find out when my cheque was cashed is driving me nuts! Grrrrrr...it makes no sense to me that the bank can't find it out! I am using TD, but how about other banks?
Agreed... It's so stupid that TD can't find out whether the cheque is cashed or not.