N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
I agree that I shouldn't generalize it to apply to everyone, 100%. But that doesn't change the fact a majority, probably closer to 80-90% of the sponsors like PGP, for this reason. While they won't admit it out loud, they use "I want my parents to see their grandchild".

Same goes for the popularity of French immersion program. They say they want "better opportunities" for their kids, when they really mean, "I want only smart kids in the classroom without other kids disrupting / taking up teacher's resources away".
You brought this up again. So, tell me HOW DID YOU CALCULATE THIS 80-90%?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
You brought this up again. So, tell me HOW DID YOU CALCULATE THIS 80-90%?
Same reason why french immersion is so popular in the alberta, the most anti-french province in Canada. There is always an under lining reason why some program are so popular. Free health care for parents is the major motivator behind it's popularity of PGP. You are falling for the political correctness of the PGP. You can't believe that only 51% of the sponsors wants the PGP for health care coverage reasons. You are being naive.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I agree that I shouldn't generalize it to apply to everyone, 100%. But that doesn't change the fact a majority, probably closer to 80-90% of the sponsors like PGP, for this reason. While they won't admit it out loud, they use "I want my parents to see their grandchild".

Same goes for the popularity of French immersion program. They say they want "better opportunities" for their kids, when they really mean, "I want only smart kids in the classroom without other kids disrupting / taking up teacher's resources away".
You sir, just contradicted yourself. Generalization again. Unless you can show us research to proof where you get this so called "fact" like what Rossei said, (don't even try to counter argue that research is biased based on the people conducting research/unreliable sources etc.), then don't generalize. If you can't find a good and reliable source to back up your "facts", then I suggest you either conduct your own statistical research, or do not use the term "fact" in your argument. That, my good sir, is your opinion and yours only. A suggestion: "In my opinion, PGP is for sponsors who wants to bring their parents in so they can get free health care"

That wasn't so hard, was it?

NikkiMontalvo

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's my turn to shine. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING!!

CREDIT CARD CHARGED JUST NOW: 11:42 A.M

AMOUNT: $1100

COURIER: CURRENT EXPRESS

I sent in the old form of Schedule A (IMM 5669) so all of you who did this are safe !I will update spreadsheet.

I'm going to celebrate today and I will raise a toast for all of you guys!

aks706

Jan 5, 2016
iluvbaguio said:
I agree with screech399.. that's our reason why we are here for are parent.. If not then we have super visa that you can get for two weeks. :D :D :D :D
I whole-heartedly disagree :)! I had no intention of spending additional 50K on a house to accommodate my parents settling down with us. With just that amount I could have paid for their insurance on Supervisa for 10 years or more. I love Supervisa, but every 2 years you revisit the pain. But then again that 50K rolled into Canadian economy, which I could have kept in my pocket.

Anyway, no one can deny that there is cost to the health care system with each additional dependent. There are investments that folks sponsoring parents are forced to make that can't be denied either. But I would like to see a scientific study that takes a holistic view. Anyone here with pub adm degree can help point to any such study? Till such time folks on either side are just making noise without any concrete evidence to back-up their notion.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
iluvbaguio said:
I agree with screech399.. that's our reason why we are here for are parent.. If not then we have super visa that you can get for two weeks. :D :D :D :D
Not everyone can get a super visa. In my case my mom has no property and not much of anything to tie her to the States so I doubt she would be approved. Plus, even if she did, where would she put all of her things, her pets? She can't afford to put her whole apartment into storage for years and continue to pay rent while not even living there. It's not fair to assume that a Super Visa is a viable solution for all.

She's also very happy with Medicare. The only reason she would be coming here is to be with me her only child, and my son her only grandchild. She also loves my in-laws and they love her. We are basically the only family she has. Without us she'd die alone.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NikkiMontalvo said:
It's my turn to shine. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING!!

CREDIT CARD CHARGED JUST NOW: 11:42 A.M

AMOUNT: $1100

COURIER: CURRENT EXPRESS

I sent in the old form of Schedule A (IMM 5669) so all of you who did this are safe !I will update spreadsheet.

I'm going to celebrate today and I will raise a toast for all of you guys!
congrats to everyone who get CC charged....

emily88

Jan 15, 2016
help!help!help!

My parents' application was received by CIC at 8:21 am on January 4, 2016. I found that my credit card information is wrong (one number is not correct). Is there any fastest way I can contact (direct phone number) the officer or send (direct mailing address?) the updated credit card information form? Do I have any chance to be accepted or they will return the whole package to me because my credit card information was wrong. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Blue sky9 said:
Good news just came.... credit card charged.

Application sent thru current express
Congrats!
But can you share which Province are you from? And whom are you sponsoring? You didn't fill out these in the SS.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
And I don't want to hear that, "While they won't admit it out loud, they use "I want my parents to see their grandchild" " BS. That is one of our reasons. Healthcare is NOT. That argument is ridiculous as is projecting.

I repeat, my mother is 100% happy with her healthcare and doctors in the US.

Nata2016

Jan 15, 2016
Luda345 said:
@Rossey

BTW, I've just tried to create a new entry in the spreadsheet and wasn't able to do that. Is it just me or there is something wrong

Was not able to add a new entry as well

CC got charged Jan14
Current Express Jan 4 @ 9:20 (charged 80$; stated they had 116 applications)
province: On
Sponsored : Mom

If anybody can help me to add info to the spreadsheet I would appreciate. Thank you

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
emily88 said:
help!help!help!

My parents' application was received by CIC at 8:21 am on January 4, 2016. I found that my credit card information is wrong (one number is not correct). Is there any fastest way I can contact (direct phone number) the officer or send (direct mailing address?) the updated credit card information form? Do I have any chance to be accepted or they will return the whole package to me because my credit card information was wrong. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Unfortunately, I doubt there is a way to contact any officers. If the credit card information is wrong, your app will be returned. Sorry.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
aks706 said:
I whole-heartedly disagree :)! I had no intention of spending additional 50K on a house to accommodate my parents settling down with us. With just that amount I could have paid for their insurance on Supervisa for 10 years or more. I love Supervisa, but every 2 years you revisit the pain. But then again that 50K rolled into Canadian economy, which I could have kept in my pocket.

Anyway, no one can deny that there is cost to the health care system with each additional dependent. There are investments that folks sponsoring parents are forced to make that can't be denied either. But I would like to see a scientific study that takes a holistic view. Anyone here with pub adm degree can help point to any such study? Till such time folks on either side are just making noise without any concrete evidence to back-up their notion.
If you don't want to pay 50K for your parents to look after their health concerns, they can get a regular TRV so they can visit you for 6 months. Otherwise, you really want your parents on health care. You can't have it both ways.

emily88

Jan 15, 2016
MissFrowz said:
Unfortunately, I doubt there is a way to contact any officers. If the credit card information is wrong, your app will be returned. Sorry.
I just called CIC. The officer said the best scenario is the officer will ask payment information from me and the worst scenario is my application will be returned. Is there any one had the same situation last year? My application was returned last year because it was late. I don't want to be returned again. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(