+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
ya61x said:
This is a big lie.
1. Purolator van was not in parking lot before 10am. Later some forum members confirmed that was because Purolator used local subcontractors to deliver their morning packages to CIC.
2. The longest line-up was at 9:30. All the way to where the security was on 8th floor.

I wondering if you even bothered to go to the 8th floor to check how long the line was.
I went to the 8th floor, had a chat with government employee and a courier guy. All courier companies had multiple employees, that explains bulk packets (I am talking about more than 100) were not received. I did not see any line, It was close to 9:30 am. If you were there, can you tell how many UPS employees were there.... I saw more than 4, taking packages from same van parked outside. may be there was not Purolator, my mistake.
Its time to ATIP how the numbering was done by cic, I am sure they have numbering system, if not there is a big problem.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Hi, to people who have used the old format form IMM5669E; as in CIC website it says "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 795.96 KB) December 2012"; was worried that even I did not notice this change inspite of downloading it, I called CIC call center after reading this info in this forum, and they said as long as no new information is captured, date is not modified so no issues. I just wanted to share this in this forum.

Now SMEs here, please share your comments about this, lets leave it to our fate/destiny!!! :( :)

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Blue sky9 said:
I went to the 8th floor, had a chat with government employee and a courier guy. All courier companies had multiple employees, that explains bulk packets (I am talking about more than 100) were not received. I did not see any line, It was close to 9:30 am. If you were there, can you tell how many UPS employees were there.... I saw more than 4, taking packages from same van parked outside. may be there was not Purolator, my mistake.
Its time to ATIP how the numbering was done by cic, I am sure they have numbering system, if not there is a big problem.
Either you were dreaming or I was dreaming.
There were two UPS vans in the parking lot. I saw one driver from each vans (2 people in total). One looks like a east Indian guy and the other one looks like a Chinese guy. The Chinese guy was late for about 15 minutes comparing to his co-worker.
Fedex van was parked in front of the lobby. Only one.
I have a picture of the line-up taken around 9:00-9:30am (to be exact - 9:04am) but I don't know how to post pictures. If someone knows and could post for me, please leave your email.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
kilamans said:
Hi, to people who have used the old format form IMM5669E; as in CIC website it says "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 795.96 KB) December 2012"; was worried that even I did not notice this change inspite of downloading it, I called CIC call center after reading this info in this forum, and they said as long as no new information is captured, date is not modified so no issues. I just wanted to share this in this forum.

Now SMEs here, please share your comments about this, lets leave it to our fate/destiny!!! :( :)
Thank you for this information... Now we are okay with the forms.. That's why CIC did change the number coz the information required for both forms are the same. Cheers to all.. Good luck to our application. :D :D :D :D :D

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:

That's a relief... thanks!

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
our application was sent from calgary through Purolator for jan 4, 9am delivery. but purolator sucks. they delivered on jan 5 at 8:52 am, received by rachhpal. guys what action we can take against purolator??

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
PGPapplicant said:
our application was sent from calgary through Purolator for jan 4, 9am delivery. but purolator sucks. they delivered on jan 5 at 8:52 am, received by rachhpal. guys what action we can take against purolator??
Same here.. They still accepts our application, meaning we still have a little window.. hold on to that small chance. we might got lucky. :D :D :D :D :D :D

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
ya61x said:
Either you were dreaming or I was dreaming.
There were two UPS vans in the parking lot. I saw one driver from each vans (2 people in total). One looks like a east Indian guy and the other one looks like a Chinese guy. The Chinese guy was late for about 15 minutes comparing to his co-worker.
Fedex van was parked in front of the lobby. Only one.
I have a picture of the line-up taken around 9:00-9:30am (to be exact - 9:04am) but I don't know how to post pictures. If someone knows and could post for me, please leave your email.
Here's the step by step guide on posting images.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/instructions-on-how-to-post-images-on-the-forum-enjoy-t67392.0.html

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
The only one that really knows what they are a taking about is ya61x if you want accuracy. Id mostly follow his/her post. Most others I must admit have an interesting imagination and were probably at 1, 3 or 4 Robert speck. They definitely weren't at 2 Robert speck that day. Esp the last set of comments. WOW give me some of the stuff your on. Must be good stuff.

and for soclose's strategy opinion. If a courier is there, that means they have stopped taking packages. for first line up. By taking more packages, we risk mixing the clients we have adding the new ones and perhaps creating misfiles or errors. So show up if you want and try to play a courier against one another we have an understanding with one another in line. Try your luck and no we will not be there a week before opening. I promise you that. And so-close let me tell you we maybe some what competitve but we are not desperate. Come to us in the line up lets see if you get your package in to a carrier.

Do what you do early!. that's the last bit of advice for you. And leave room for changes. and if you want good honest and straight information ya61x is your best source.

sponsorship is a privledge not a right. this country doesn't have to let anyone in and that could include us at one time. So please show respect for those people that work at immigration and respect they are doing the best they can. At least we have that opportunity presented to us to do so even if you don't agree with how they do it. Its the best we have. Canada is the greatest country.

And thank you ya61x for the little bit of sanity in this place. time to get mine back

Nothing in life is a guarantee so don't expect sponsorship. to be either. just do your best and then hope for the best.

Take Care, good luck.

Chris
Metro Mississauga Courier

aryan15

Dec 27, 2015
MMCS said:
The only one that really knows what they are a taking about is ya61x if you want accuracy. Id mostly follow his/her post. Most others I must admit have an interesting imagination and were probably at 1, 3 or 4 Robert speck. They definitely weren't at 2 Robert speck that day. Esp the last set of comments. WOW give me some of the stuff your on. Must be good stuff.

and for soclose's strategy opinion. If a courier is there, that means they have stopped taking packages. for first line up. By taking more packages, we risk mixing the clients we have adding the new ones and perhaps creating misfiles or errors. So show up if you want and try to play a courier against one another we have an understanding with one another in line. Try your luck and no we will not be there a week before opening. I promise you that. And so-close let me tell you we maybe some what competitve but we are not desperate. Come to us in the line up lets see if you get your package in to a carrier.

Do what you do early!. that's the last bit of advice for you. And leave room for changes. and if you want good honest and straight information ya61x is your best source.

sponsorship is a privledge not a right. this country doesn't have to let anyone in and that could include us at one time. So please show respect for those people that work at immigration and respect they are doing the best they can. At least we have that opportunity presented to us to do so even if you don't agree with how they do it. Its the best we have. Canada is the greatest country.

And thank you ya61x for the little bit of sanity in this place. time to get mine back

Nothing in life is a guarantee so don't expect sponsorship. to be either. just do your best and then hope for the best.

Take Care, good luck.

Chris
Metro Mississauga Courier
"sponsorship is a privledge not a right" Sounds like someone voted for Harper !! LOL, just joking ! Thanks for your feedback, you have to be understanding of the fact that everyone is under pressure and stress and just like those immigration officers, we have worked extra hard to get to where we are. Hope you understand that. Thanks for your help!

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
MMCS said:
Do what you do early!.
Thanks Chris. How early do you usually start taking the sponsorship applications for delivery? Maybe next year we all will line up at midnight at Metro Mississauga LOL (kidding)

Thanks again for all the info

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
TO Rossie.

This is with regards to the computation of the number of sample size you've used to come up with the projection of applications. I understand that it is not that reliable using only 2015 information but at least we have a basis of sample size ratio. You should use the total number applications PGP 2015 accepted by CIC (charged) over Total number of application PGP (General) this is around 73.58% (per PGP 2015 sheet)

Then apply this percentage to the Total Number of Application PGP 2016 which is 135. So the total estimated application that will be accepted and charge for 2016 based on 2015 data is 99.33 say 100.

Apply this to 5000 Cap (100/5000) then the sample size % should be 1.987%.

I think this is more realistic as this have a basis (PGP 2015 data) than a random number based on 9:43AM data which is 27 application divided by 1000.

Hope this will help.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
kilamans said:

Here, For this particular form, I think what CIC told you is right. It scared me too, I tried and found it's so silly, here is: I have two computers one is MS and another one is Mac, If you open this form on the MS computer, there is NO different with the one I downloaded in Nov, 2015, but if you open this form on Mac iOS computer, the check boxes looks different, that's all. please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for helping each other,