Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
screech339 said:
Jan 4th is the date that CIC need to receive the application package. If you are intending to send the package on same day delivery, on Jan 4th, I am afraid you are pressing your luck in meeting the 5000 cap. A lot of applicants will be sending their package the day or 2 before to ensure that it is delivered on the morning of Jan 4th.
thanks.. so what is recommendation? I live in Toronto, should i courier it on Jan 2nd? any particular courier should i use?

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
Hi, I have some questions and have tried to organize it by form and would appreciate your help:

I am applying for my both my parents and have one sister who is married.

On the forms I noticed it greys out an area if you select “yes” to your mailing address being the same residential etc. What about fax number etc and other items such as
- I do not have a spouse or common law partner so on form IMM5768E should I put N/A every time it asks for their information?
Should we put N/A on all blank spaces?

IMM 1344 Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking:
I will fill this form and my father as he is the principal applicant. My mother does not need to fill in this form correct?

IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada:
Application Details:
3. Since this is my dad (the principal applicant) filling this form he should write 2 (him and my mom). The application guide says “Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.”
My sister who is married is not accompanying them so writing 2 is correct?
Personal Details:
3. UCI – My parents applied for supervise and received it recently but they will not come to Canada until after the deadline to submit. Should we put that # in this file?
Contact Information:
1. Mailing address – can I put this as my address?
2. Residential address – since they will be coming to Canada should I put their address back home or the Canadian address?
3. Fax no: they do not have a fax should we put N/A or leave it blank?
Education/Occupation Detail:
1. Intended occupation: what should we put here? My father is self employed back home and mom stays at home.
For dependants I only add my mother and not my sister as she is married? It is confusing as it says include all family members.

IMM 0008DEP Additional Dependants/Declaration:
Should we still attach this form and put N/A as the only dependant is my mom and she is part of the generic application?

IMM5768E Financial Evaluation:
7. I put 3 as this is me and my parents. Is this correct?
8. MIN - $47,051? Is this correct?
15. Family Size – do I put 1 or 3(me and my parents) for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014?
15. I switched locations but my job is with the same company. Should I split the year into two locations/same company as they have different addresses and phone numbers?

IMM 5669 Schedule A – Background/Declaration:
4. We do not have the DOB of my father’s mom or dad and they are both deceased. How do we fill this section out?

IMM 5406 Additional Family Information
It says on the top of the form “Complete ALL names in English and in your native language”. On the Background/Declaration form there is a separate spot for this but on this form it only has the box for name? Should we put the name as it is on the passport and leave some space and put it in the native language? Also is this everyone’s name including children, parents, siblings etc?

My father’s mom and dad are deceased; what should we put under DOB/Place and Martial status?

The guide says to put Martial status as “Married – Physically Present” but the form won’t let me type the whole thing? Please advise? Can I fill this later after I print the application?

IMM 5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union:
Should I attach this form even though I do not have a common-law union and put N/A in the form?

IMM 5476 Use of a Representative:
Should I fill this form in as I am helping my parents in completing the application?

Once again thanks for your help regarding these questions. Good luck to everyone.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
302925mbs said:
Hi, I have some questions and have tried to organize it by form and would appreciate your help:

I am applying for my both my parents and have one sister who is married.

On the forms I noticed it greys out an area if you select “yes” to your mailing address being the same residential etc. What about fax number etc and other items such as
dont write anything if you dont have a fax number
- I do not have a spouse or common law partner so on form IMM5768E should I put N/A every time it asks for their information?
Should we put N/A on all blank spaces?
N/A is fine

IMM 1344 Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking:
I will fill this form and my father as he is the principal applicant. My mother does not need to fill in this form correct?
correct, its signed by you and your dad since you are the sponsor

IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada:
Application Details:
3. Since this is my dad (the principal applicant) filling this form he should write 2 (him and my mom). The application guide says “Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.”
My sister who is married is not accompanying them so writing 2 is correct?
2 people, read the definition of the family members: children under 19, your sister is older, not a dependant
Personal Details:
3. UCI – My parents applied for supervise and received it recently but they will not come to Canada until after the deadline to submit. Should we put that # in this file?
UCI field is not mandatory, so i just left it blank
Contact Information:
1. Mailing address – can I put this as my address?
The form 0008 is supposed to be filled by your dad, I understand you are helping with application, but I would assume that the officer will expect your dad's mailing address be the same as his residential address, or at least in the same country
2. Residential address – since they will be coming to Canada should I put their address back home or the Canadian address?
hmmmm, are they planning to move to Canada forever? Supervisa allows them to do so, I am just trying to understand whats the case for you
3. Fax no: they do not have a fax should we put N/A or leave it blank?
Education/Occupation Detail:
NA works fine
1. Intended occupation: what should we put here? My father is self employed back home and mom stays at home.
For dependants I only add my mother and not my sister as she is married? It is confusing as it says include all family members.
Occupation - whatever they are planning to do, retired and stay at home grandma works just fine. Family members - see before - your sister is not a dependent

IMM 0008DEP Additional Dependants/Declaration:
Should we still attach this form and put N/A as the only dependant is my mom and she is part of the generic application?
no need to submit 0008DEP

IMM5768E Financial Evaluation:
7. I put 3 as this is me and my parents. Is this correct?
yes

8. MIN - $47,051? Is this correct?
for 2014 - yes

15. Family Size – do I put 1 or 3(me and my parents) for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014?

15. I switched locations but my job is with the same company. Should I split the year into two locations/same company as they have different addresses and phone numbers?
good question, not sure... I would look at your T4s from that year and see how the income was split in there, considering you'll be using Option C printouts as a proof

IMM 5669 Schedule A – Background/Declaration:
4. We do not have the DOB of my father’s mom or dad and they are both deceased. How do we fill this section out?
don't know for sure... I would put the best guess and provide a note that this info is to the best of my knowledge blah blah

IMM 5406 Additional Family Information
It says on the top of the form “Complete ALL names in English and in your native language”. On the Background/Declaration form there is a separate spot for this but on this form it only has the box for name? Should we put the name as it is on the passport and leave some space and put it in the native language? Also is this everyone’s name including children, parents, siblings etc?
yes, all names for everyone. It allows you to add a second line in the field, if you run out of space add a separate page

My father’s mom and dad are deceased; what should we put under DOB/Place and Martial status?
DOB/place is still a valid field, put marital status as at the time of death (married, widowed etc) and in the Present address field put deceased

The guide says to put Martial status as “Married – Physically Present” but the form won’t let me type the whole thing? Please advise? Can I fill this later after I print the application?

IMM 5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union:
Should I attach this form even though I do not have a common-law union and put N/A in the form?
why would you?

IMM 5476 Use of a Representative:
Should I fill this form in as I am helping my parents in completing the application?
I wouldn't, but its up to you

Once again thanks for your help regarding these questions. Good luck to everyone.

I hope this helps, I am not in any way the expert, but I've read this forum back and forth now, and this is the combination of the advises I've found that helped me. Kind regards, OrangeCup

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Can someone clarify about Gross Income for period in the Financial Evaluation form?

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi guys

What are you using for fee payment ?

Is bank draft acceptable?

Or certified cheque and credit card only options ?

Please let me know , very confused about this

Thanks

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow said:
Hi guys

What are you using for fee payment ?

Is bank draft acceptable?

Or certified cheque and credit card only options ?

Please let me know , very confused about this

Thanks
I am really not sure why you are confused... the IMM5770 gives you two options: Certified check OR credit card.... I dont see bank draft option anywhere....

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ipskang said:
Can someone clarify about Gross Income for period in the Financial Evaluation form?
Read page: 10 & 11

Rossei said:
Right.
We made a big fuss about it last year. In fact, I called CIC few times to clarify. Clearly, the heading says "Income for last 3 taxation years" which means 2012-2014; but the word "Present" in first column confuses you. So, I broke it down to 3 rows, each representing a year which corresponds to my income shown in my NOA line 150. In your case:
From To Employer Address Phone Gross Income Family Size
2014-01-01 Present xx 123 123 2014 NOA Line 150 5
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 xx 123 123 2013 NOA Line 150 5
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 xx 123 123 2012 NOA Line 150 5

The full family meaning Sponsor's family + Parents + Dep (for example, it's 5 for above table).

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Just a general question. Based on last year's data what is the most reliable Courier? I will not used Canada Post anymore, was disappointed big time last year. They didn't keep their word. Didn't make it to the cap.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
As far as I know the maternity/paternity benefits come under special benefits, thus it is not required to be mentioned there however I am not too sure.
I found this in ESDC's website: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/ei/reports/mar2012/chapter2_4.shtml

"As of January 31, 2010, EI special benefits, including maternity, parental, sickness and compassionate care benefits, were extended to self-employed people, who could opt into the EI program for the first time. Benefits were payable as of January 1, 2011."

I hope this help with the confusion (that I had too).

Thanks

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
hey,

I am bit confused on who should fill out "Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)"? I am sponsoring my parents, and my dad is the principal applicant.

The guide says:

This form must be completed by:
you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

I understand that my dad needs to fill out this form, and
my mom needs to fill out this form, but
do I need to fill this one out?
also, does my brother (18+) who is in Canada on post grad work permit need to fill this out?

any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Can someone please clarify:
I am sponsoring my parents(mom and dad). In Canada, I live with my wife and my baby.

1. In 2012, we were two people(me and my wife), so does the family size need to be 2 or it should be 5.
2. In 2013 & 2014 we were three (me, my wife, my baby) sp does the family size needs to be 3 or 5.

Thanks a lot :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thecoolguysam said:
Can someone please clarify:
I am sponsoring my parents(mom and dad). In Canada, I live with my wife and my baby.

1. In 2012, we were two people(me and my wife), so does the family size need to be 2 or it should be 5.
2. In 2013 & 2014 we were three (me, my wife, my baby) sp does the family size needs to be 3 or 5.

Thanks a lot :)
It doesnt matter what was your family status was in the previous 3 taxation year, your family size for all 3 years is 5. It is based on what your current family size at time of submitting application.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Senior said:
hey,

I am bit confused on who should fill out "Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)"? I am sponsoring my parents, and my dad is the principal applicant.

The guide says:

This form must be completed by:
you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

I understand that my dad needs to fill out this form, and
my mom needs to fill out this form, but
do I need to fill this one out?
also, does my brother (18+) who is in Canada on post grad work permit need to fill this out?

any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
The keyword here is "dependent" children. You did not mention your brother's age here. Anyway, here is the definition of dependent children:

Definitions of Dependent children (Types 1 and 2)
Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements of type 1 or 2 below:

TYPE 1: The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
TYPE 2: The child is 19 years of age or older and has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

If neither your brother nor you falls into above 2 category, in other words, if your brother is over 19 and financially dependent; then you two don't have to fill out the form. But your parents do.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
screech339 said:
It doesnt matter what was your family status was in the previous 3 taxation year, your family size for all 3 years is 5. It is based on what your current family size at time of submitting application.
Thanks screech339.

Sorry, my question was not specific, the question I am referring to corresponds to the part 15 "Employment History- Sponsor"
What should be the family size there? Would it be according to what the size was on 2013, 2014, 2015 or it should still be "5" from 2012 to 2014?

Thanks again!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks screech339.

Sorry, my question was not specific, the question I am referring to corresponds to the part 15 "Employment History- Sponsor"
What should be the family size there? Would it be according to what the size was on 2013, 2014, 2015 or it should still be "5" from 2012 to 2014?

Thanks again!
It will be 5 for 2012, 2013 and 2014.