+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
ndhillon said:
I did. I had sent 2 applications through Messengers, both delivered @ 9am, jan 4th. Just got charged 1100 for one at about 11:30, hopefully the other one will get through soon..!
Other one got charged for around 6pm today! CIC seems to be working overtime!

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canadian_legend said:
My credit card's CVV code starts with Zero which, when I entered in the payment form, it got removed automatically, leaving only last 2 digits of the CVV code. Like 0XX changed to XX only.
After few tries, I removed the CVV code altogether from the form and hand wrote it after printing the form.
Would this be an issue?
I believe this is a flaw in the CIC form, should be fixed or maybe I was doing something wrong.
No worries. This is not an issue at all. This is known to CIC employees. Also, bar codes are not a show stopper, even if they are not provided, CIC will still process the applications. This is also a known issue; since there was an error when validating previous version of IMM0008 (2015 applicants) and CIC still accepted the application with no bar codes. The current French version is corrected.

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
ndhillon said:
or it took time to be processed and reflect in your CC history

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
Quoi said:
or it took time to be processed and reflect in your CC history
It still doesn't show in transactions history, I called my bank to confirm once I noticed the reduction in available balance.

vinabloor

Jan 2, 2016
ndhillon said:
I checked my master card balance over the phone and there is no charge at all ... Some cases received by CIC at the same time with mine got charged. Someone checked the balance over the phone, please let me know ... Thanks!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So happy...got charged cc just now 7:30 pm...messenger international..tnx curtis....

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
Congrats guys! ;D

Messenger International... moving down the timeline... we're at 9am deliveries... EEEKKK!!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talespin said:
Seems like a lot of sponsors here have the mis-conception that by signing a 20 year bond, they are taking the 'entire' burden of their parents off of this country's tax payers. Two words for you - health care! I for one never forget that being able to bring my parents here is a privilege not a right! You can argue over the caps (conservative vs. liberal) but this privilege cannot be taken for granted! There are perceived benefits to this sponsorship program but citizens of this country by birth are entitled to their opinions as those that are voiced in the comments of that story. I'd like to see how many hands go up if the sponsorship program required that all or a percentage of healthcare costs be funded by the sponsors. That will separate those that genuinely want to reunite with their parents vs. those that have the convenience of health care in mind as one of the main reasons of their sponsorship.
+1. Don't get me wrong, I sent an application for sponsoring my parents last year as well, but I totally understand where the citizens born in Canada are coming from with these comments. I agree that there should be a system that a portion of the healthcare and other benefits should be paid by sponsor since most parents haven't paid a dime in taxes in Canada.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Luda345 said:
And after that 6 monhs they should go back home and then come again. And no, visiting the US-Cuba-etc doesn't count.
By the way, is there some link that is specifying this restriction? I mean, the one that mentions the US-Cuba visits do not count?
For instance, my mom is from Visa-exempt country, and allowed to stay in Canada for half a year with her passport.
Now, she has a USA visa, so I thought maybe to take her there for a few days and bring her back.
According to what you're saying, this might not work, even though she doesn't require visa to Canada.
I've hear about this before, but cannot find it written.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
vinabloor said:
Hi everyone ... Can I check my Mastercard balance over the phone to get the most recent charge?
You should check your available credit first. It would be reflected on your balance later.

vinabloor

Jan 2, 2016
vitlen said:
You should check your available credit first. It would be reflected on your balance later.
Thank you for your reply ... A lot of folks here talked about authorization hold that I do not know how to check as I do not use online banking
... I am so worried ...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
vitlen said:
By the way, is there some link that is specifying this restriction? I mean, the one that mentions the US-Cuba visits do not count?
For instance, my mom is from Visa-exempt country, and allowed to stay in Canada for half a year with her passport.
Now, she has a USA visa, so I thought maybe to take her there for a few days and bring her back.
According to what you're saying, this might not work, even though she doesn't require visa to Canada.
I've hear about this before, but cannot find it written.
There is no written rule on how often you can came back or when you can come back like some countries do. For example 3 month stay every 6 month period.

You have to convince the border that you will observe the rules and not overstay. Leaving to US and returning to Canada is legal but CBSA may think overwise what's your intention is in Canada. Are you trying to "live" in canada? That sort of thing.