+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tip how to get 50 points without LMIA

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi, here's a tip what to answer to receive 50 points for valid job offer without LMIA.

My situation: I'm BC PNP nominated and thanks to BC PNP support letter, I applied for close work permit which I've been on in Canada now. In my express entry profile I filled following and it gives me 50 points even I didn't have LMIA issued:

Section Intended work in Canada:

1. Do you have a valid job offer
"yes"
2. Is this job offer for work that is full time, continuous and for at least one year?
"yes"
3. Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
"yes"
4. NOC code?
Mine is 4163 (category A)
5. Is th employer an embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
"no"
6. Is an employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
"no"
7.Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in Canada?
"no"
8. Are you currently working in Canada?
"yes"
9. Do you have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
"yes"
10. Is your job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
"yes"
11. Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
"yes"
12. Was a positive LMIA issued for the current work permit?
"No - my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific"

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anford said:
Hi, here's a tip what to answer to receive 50 points for valid job offer without LMIA.

My situation: I'm BC PNP nominated and thanks to BC PNP support letter, I applied for close work permit which I've been on in Canada now. In my express entry profile I filled following and it gives me 50 points even I didn't have LMIA issued:

"yes"
2. Is this job offer for work that is full time, continuous and for at least one year?
"yes"
"yes"
4. NOC code?
"no"
6. Is an employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
"no"
"no"
"yes"
"yes"
"yes"
11. Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
"yes"
"No - my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific"

Hahaha, do you have a valid job offer?

It has to be either an lmia one or you have a closed work permit and you've been with your employer for at least a year. If you haven't been there for a year YOU CANNOT CLAIM THE 50 POINTS!!!

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:
Hahaha, do you have a valid job offer?

It has to be either an lmia one or you have a closed work permit and you've been with your employer for at least a year. If you haven't been there for a year YOU CANNOT CLAIM THE 50 POINTS!!!
Yes, I've been working for that employer past 3 years... Sorry, forgot to mention before!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anford said:
Yes, I've been working for that employer past 3 years... Sorry, forgot to mention before!
Have you worked on the closed work permit for a year?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:
Have you worked on the closed work permit for a year?
No, not on this close work permit, but on my working holiday and young professional visa. But as far as I know, it doesn't have to be on the close work permit.
The question they ask is "Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?" Which I have... In 2014, 2015 and 2016. The same employer was also written on my Young professional visa.

Am I missing something?

Reactions: Lexi Lucky

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anford said:
No, not on this close work permit, but on my working holiday and young professional visa. But as far as I know, it doesn't have to be on the closed work permit. The question they ask is "Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?" so maybe I don't understand it right?
Your current work permit is the closed work permit, so you haven't been working on it for a year so you cannot claim the points.

Also these points aren't 'tips'. They are the facts that qualify someone for a valid job offer or not. The valid job offer definition is very clear on CICs site. If you don't have the valid job offer, you don't qualify for the points

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

For reference.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:
Your current work permit is the closed work permit, so you haven't been working on it for a year so you cannot claim the points.

Also these points aren't 'tips'. They are the facts that qualify someone for a valid job offer or not. The valid job offer definition is very clear on CICs site. If you don't have the valid job offer, you don't qualify for the points
But isn't the question meant to be: Current work permit has to state the same employer which you have work for at least 12 months, no matter on which work permit?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
kryt0n said:

For reference.
Thank you so much for your answers btw! If we find out what I'm saying is wrong, I delete this thread to not to confuse anybody.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Anford said:
But isn't the question meant to be: Current work permit has to state the same employer which you have work for at least 12 months, no matter on which work permit?
Your current work permit is the one you are currently using to work with. The one currently valid. Have you been working for a year on your current work permit?

karanssharma

Nov 5, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Anford said:

"yes"
"yes"
"yes"
4. NOC code?
"no"
"no"
"no"
"yes"
"yes"
"yes"
"yes"
Hey, i just made my express entry profile, my answers were same as your, but i have an open work permit, worked with same employer for more than an year.

Which answer reflects on what kind of work permit we have, is it question 11 ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
karanssharma said:
Hey, i just made my express entry profile, my answers were same as your, but i have an open work permit, worked with same employer for more than an year.

If you're on an open work permit you do not qualify for those points! It must be a closed work permit!!!

You do not have a VALID JOB OFFER!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karanssharma said:

If you have an open work permit your first answer should have been "no"

Only applicants with LMIA or a LMIA exempt work permit which is employer specific have valid job offers.

karanssharma

Nov 5, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
23/11/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Yea, i did that and all other question go away,

was it because you have applied for the job from outside canada and you have closed work permit ? and thanks for the clarity

vzoo

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp
On this website, it states that
have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year

While on this website it's slightly different
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer

But it's not important at all whether you can claim it or not. For a PNP nominee, what do you need the 50 points for?