no,thank god
Passport Req..
3 june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
stampped on 12 september 2011
LANDED..........
sooonn
sunshine11 said:
normally it will take 3-4 months to get visa...i know its frustrating...i understand u because i m waiting for last 7 months...
In my case , I lived outside India for 4 years...so i have got Police Clearance Certificate from England and also India so there shouldn't be any issues regarding the criminal history..and I guess they must take longer for the people who visited other countries from short period of time and havn't got PCC from the country...please correct me if I am wrong..??

manpreet.singh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
5-january-2011
Med's Request
6 August 2011
Med's Done....
9 August 2011
Passport Req..
9 August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
9 january 2012
LANDED..........
2 March 2012
paritumber said:
I guess in simple and not complicated cases they will take around a month to issue a visa..so i guess u ll get ur visa in a couple of weeks...or in a few days ... my only giving my opinion not sure though..
lets hope it comes soon, a friend of mine got visa in 20 days flat after sending passports

ghotra2020

Jul 8, 2011
kurukshetra,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2010
Nomination.....
24-01-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Yes,18-04-2011 to New Delhi
Med's Request
01-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waitinnggg
LANDED..........
Eager to Land
sunshine11 said:
yes last 4 months...hey did u friend send email or letter to CHC??
No he didn't send any letter to the CHC..

paritumber

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
can't remember
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 september 2010
Nomination.....
29 march 2011
AOR Received.
12 may 2011
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
London to Delhi in February 2011
Med's Request
25 May 2011
Med's Done....
31 may 2011
Interview........
no,thank god
Passport Req..
3 june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sooonn
manpreet.singh said:
lets hope it comes soon, a friend of mine got visa in 20 days flat after sending passports
ya..this is possible...dnt worry u ll get ur visa and ur passport will be in ur hands sooonnnnn nd plzz pray for mine as well..get ready to be in Canada then...All the very best.

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I gather that security and background checks are different processes.

A security check consists of ascertaining whether or not an applicant has a criminal record, is likely to be a terrorist threat, etc. I am guessing that the visa officer who reviews an applicant's file looks at the police clearance certificate(s) he/she has submitted. But assessing the security risk that an applicant may or may not pose to Canada may involve more than just reading police clearance certificates. I don't know what else the visa officer does to fulfil his/her duties in this regard.

When a visa officer does a background check, he/she satisfies him/herself that the statements that the applicant has made about him/herself (name, family members, employment history, etc.) are true.

Although I've called them separate processes, I imagine that background and security checks sometimes may be related to each other. For example, I can visualize a scenario in which the visa officer discovers something odd while he/she is doing the background check, and that motivates him/her to do a more thorough security check. That is just a hunch on my part, but it makes sense to me.

Apparently the background and security check phase of the process can take anywhere from a few months to over a year. (That's not counting the time that the file spends in the queue while it's waiting to be reviewed by a visa officer.)

Background check is done by visa post processing application with cooperation of visa posts where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from CIC - CIC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life, activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada

powerbyj

Jan 25, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Currently, File is In Canada (SINP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2011
Doc's Request.
11/2011
sunshine11 said:
I gather that security and background checks are different processes.

A security check consists of ascertaining whether or not an applicant has a criminal record, is likely to be a terrorist threat, etc. I am guessing that the visa officer who reviews an applicant's file looks at the police clearance certificate(s) he/she has submitted. But assessing the security risk that an applicant may or may not pose to Canada may involve more than just reading police clearance certificates. I don't know what else the visa officer does to fulfil his/her duties in this regard.

When a visa officer does a background check, he/she satisfies him/herself that the statements that the applicant has made about him/herself (name, family members, employment history, etc.) are true.

Although I've called them separate processes, I imagine that background and security checks sometimes may be related to each other. For example, I can visualize a scenario in which the visa officer discovers something odd while he/she is doing the background check, and that motivates him/her to do a more thorough security check. That is just a hunch on my part, but it makes sense to me.

Apparently the background and security check phase of the process can take anywhere from a few months to over a year. (That's not counting the time that the file spends in the queue while it's waiting to be reviewed by a visa officer.)

Background check is done by visa post processing application with cooperation of visa posts where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from CIC - CIC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life, activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada
Aren't they doing criminal & background check before they issue nomination from CAN?

paritumber

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
can't remember
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 september 2010
Nomination.....
29 march 2011
AOR Received.
12 may 2011
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25 May 2011
Med's Done....
31 may 2011
Interview........
no,thank god
Passport Req..
3 june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sooonn
powerbyj said:
Aren't they doing criminal & background check before they issue nomination from CAN?
The information provided was informative but u have a point as well..the province must have checked about the securities...otherwise they would not accept anybody in there province...

powerbyj

Jan 25, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2011
Doc's Request.
11/2011
paritumber said:
The information provided was informative but u have a point as well..the province must have checked about the securities...otherwise they would not accept anybody in there province...
ya. exactly. Why do they even issue nomination if you are involve in criminal activities abroad or not have legal documents regarding your education or work? They must do some kind of checking before issuing nomination.

paritumber

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
can't remember
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 september 2010
Nomination.....
29 march 2011
AOR Received.
12 may 2011
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25 May 2011
Med's Done....
31 may 2011
Interview........
no,thank god
Passport Req..
3 june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sooonn
powerbyj said:
ya. exactly. Why do they even issue nomination if you are involve in criminal activities abroad or not have legal documents regarding your education or work? They must do some kind of checking before issuing nomination.
Agree..but to be honest, anything s possible till we get our visas..so lets hope for the best ....

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No they don’t check your criminal or background check while they issue the Nomination certificate. In nomination certificate they only say you are eligible. They also mentioned in certi that final decision will be CHC DC.
Remember we never send our police certi when we send our doc to Canada.
CHC DC only have authority to do these kind of thing.

sartajbajwa

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
Med's Request
5th sept 2011
Med's Done....
7th sept 2011
Passport Req..
5th sept 2011
hi
Today i sent my passport to CHC ND . can u tell me when online status get updated by CHC in a week and is there any chance of rejection after this i ve sent my landing fee too . how much time it ll take to get visaa..... good luck to all of u n mine ...

sartajbajwa

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
Med's Request
5th sept 2011
Med's Done....
7th sept 2011
Passport Req..
5th sept 2011
hi sunshine and manpreet ve you got ur passport request along with your medical or afterwards....

thanks
sartaj

powerbyj

Jan 25, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2011
Doc's Request.
11/2011
sartajbajwa said:
hi
Today i sent my passport to CHC ND . can u tell me when online status get updated by CHC in a week and is there any chance of rejection after this i ve sent my landing fee too . how much time it ll take to get visaa..... good luck to all of u n mine ...
For which category & province are you applying?

sartajbajwa

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
Med's Request
5th sept 2011
Med's Done....
7th sept 2011
Passport Req..
5th sept 2011
powerbyj said:
For which category & province are you applying?
M under MPNP family stream for Manitoba province n u

manpreet.singh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
5-january-2011
Med's Request
6 August 2011
Med's Done....
9 August 2011
Passport Req..
9 August 2011
VISA ISSUED...
9 january 2012
LANDED..........
2 March 2012
Hi Sartaj,

My Medical & Passport request along with landing fee were asked in the same letter

Regards
Manpreet

sartajbajwa said:
hi sunshine and manpreet ve you got ur passport request along with your medical or afterwards....

thanks
sartaj