+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for Filipinos submitted pnp-pr applctions at CIO

crew04

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
tabs179 said:
Congratulation to those who got their visas and to those who has moved forward in their applications.

It's snowing here in Winnipeg. I hope it doesn't stick.

Anyway, I have been writing my blog during my free time and so far I was able to write my experience with PAL: http://tabs179.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/the-pal-experience/

and the much awaited, landing experience: http://tabs179.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/the-moment-of-truth-the-canadian-landing-at-vancouver-airport/

I will be writing my flight with Westjet soon. Just give me time LoL.

Hi tabs... tnx so much sa blog mo and so sad about don sa phone... Anyway ingat ka diyan and hope to see you soon...

Katey28

Oct 14, 2013
Hello po, ok lang po ba na kukuha ng new passport yun eldest ko with his new surname? Yun ikakansel na passport yun ang me visa stamp, wala po kayang maging problema sa immigration dito at sa canada na magkaiba na yun surname sa new passport at yun old passport w/visa at COPR? Tapos na kasi yun adoption process nya kaya balak namin na dito na palitan yun surname nya kesa pagdating pa sa canada. Baka mas matagal.. Nag email po ako sa embassy eto po yun reply nila...

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require non-visa-exempt passport holders to carry both a valid visa and a valid passport. Note that the valid visa does not have to be in the valid passport. A valid Canadian visa in a passport which is expired or has been cancelled without prejudice (e.g. for renewal) can still be used since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. However you must then travel with both the new valid passport and the expired/cancelled passport containing the valid visa.
Note that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration requires all Filipinos travelling abroad to carry a passport which is valid for at least six months. For inquiries regarding this matter, please contact the Bureau of Immigration.

Kindly advise kung mas maganda kung as is ko na lang muna yun passport nya para walang tanong tanong sa immigration or i-effect ko na yun adoptive surname nya para ayos na pagdating namin sa canada?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabs179 said:
Congratulation to those who got their visas and to those who has moved forward in their applications.

Anyway, I have been writing my blog during my free time and so far I was able to write my experience with PAL: http://tabs179.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/the-pal-experience/

and the much awaited, landing experience: http://tabs179.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/the-moment-of-truth-the-canadian-landing-at-vancouver-airport/

I will be writing my flight with Westjet soon. Just give me time LoL.
Well - then welcome to the country and congratulations on getting your PR status activated by landing! All is well.

OT: As always a good read on your blogs. IMHO think of losing the phone (at the Airport - the exit point) as a sign that to embrace the new life - you need to leave behind all the nuances, habits and expectations - so they may not cloud your view of what now lies ahead and hinder you from moving to success. The phone is an invisible 'tether' to the past, and may hold you back. You are now "free".. :):):)

As for dialling 0 - Canada has a wider land area split along 4 time zones (compared to the UK and the PH) and the concept of long distance dialling is still in place. Within a province (depending on carrier), it is still local (no long distance charges), but if you cross provincial boundaries (i.e. calling Winnipeg from Vancouver), LDD comes in force - reason why you need to include the area code, otherwise, if you intend to call someone in Vancouver but do not add the area code, you end up calling the . However, typically, there is no distinction here (North America) between a mobile phone and an ordinary landline, but much of the magic happens inside the operator's network that identifies what, where and how to connect the caller and the one called. But recently there has been mandates in Canada to move to 10-digit dialling (starting aug 2014) so you will find sooner you will have to use 10digits in dialling any number.

...atb

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
CIIP said:
Hi,

The Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) provides free pre-departure orientation to Federal Skilled Workers, Provincial Nominees, their spouses and adult dependents, while they are still overseas during the final stages of the immigration process.

Register online at www.newcomersuccess.ca.

Regards,
Rye
Orientation Officer
Thanks.
Very informative specially to newcomers :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
... Iba-iba nga eh, depende yata sa VO. I tried searching for the official checklist of required documents after submission, wala akong makita sa cic or mga forums. So I'm guessing call ng visa officer handling your case. Feeling ko lang pag expired na docs mo by the time mag MR or PPR ka baka yun lang hingi nila. Minsan naman totally wala. Like when we received our MR, no additional docs were requested....
There is no official checklist after submission. What ever deficiencies seen in evaluating:
- your submitted forms,
- your answers in these forms,
- your attached documents supporting your answers to the questions in these forms
- your attached documents as required in the checklist
- and the results of the admissibility checks

To fill in these deficiencies, added documents or clarifications may be needed as required. If there are no deficiencies then no need for added documents. If there are additional items/documents/clarifications needed as per the admissibility checks - then these will be asked by the visa office.

.../atb

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ragluf said:
There is no official checklist after submission. What ever deficiencies seen in evaluating:
- your submitted forms,
- your answers in these forms,
- your attached documents supporting your answers to the questions in these forms
- your attached documents as required in the checklist
- and the results of the admissibility checks

To fill in these deficiencies, added documents or clarifications may be needed as required. If there are no deficiencies then no need for added documents. If there are additional items/documents/clarifications needed as per the admissibility checks - then these will be asked by the visa office.

.../atb
Thank you for the comprehensive explanation, as always.
Just a follow-up question, the validity of the Dubai police clearance is only 6 months(expired this month), do you think they will still request for an updated one? We just finished our medical this week.
Thanks again.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Sponsor Interview for MPNP: 13 June 2013
Passport Req..
30-01-2014 (additional documents - requests new NBI)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014/ 17-02-2014 (amended)
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
Pachochay said:
tabs179 said:

Hello from the land of sands (Dubai) to the land of ice (winterpeg) !
Glad to see you back in the forum with brand new blogs to boot;-)
From the waiting game to the hunting phase...the saga continues...enjoy!
Meanwhile, we follow your adventure from a distance. Take care, Tabs.
Thanks. A bit slow on the progress in writing because it seems I can't find time here. So much to do kasi. But I will try my level best to write about things here in Winnipeg, so that people are aware of stuff.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
crew04 said:
Hi tabs... tnx so much sa blog mo and so sad about don sa phone... Anyway ingat ka diyan and hope to see you soon...
Most welcome. Just PM me if you are here na.

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
ragluf said:
Well - then welcome to the country and congratulations on getting your PR status activated by landing! All is well.

OT: As always a good read on your blogs. IMHO think of losing the phone (at the Airport - the exit point) as a sign that to embrace the new life - you need to leave behind all the nuances, habits and expectations - so they may not cloud your view of what now lies ahead and hinder you from moving to success. The phone is an invisible 'tether' to the past, and may hold you back. You are now "free".. :):):)

As for dialling 0 - Canada has a wider land area split along 4 time zones (compared to the UK and the PH) and the concept of long distance dialling is still in place. Within a province (depending on carrier), it is still local (no long distance charges), but if you cross provincial boundaries (i.e. calling Winnipeg from Vancouver), LDD comes in force - reason why you need to include the area code, otherwise, if you intend to call someone in Vancouver but do not add the area code, you end up calling the . However, typically, there is no distinction here (North America) between a mobile phone and an ordinary landline, but much of the magic happens inside the operator's network that identifies what, where and how to connect the caller and the one called. But recently there has been mandates in Canada to move to 10-digit dialling (starting aug 2014) so you will find sooner you will have to use 10digits in dialling any number.

...atb
Thanks Sir Ragluf, am still coming to terms with the cold and just layering myself. I got used to the warmth in PH, nawala na yung kasanayan ko sa Europe. But then, it gets really windy here. So, iba rin talaga ang lamig.

OT: Well, I got myself a new toy (phone) now. Before leaving PH, I saw this phone owned by my cousin and I wanted to have one. And there you go, my wish came true LoL

By the way, I am still acquainting myself to the phone LDD and all. Medyo nakakalito eh. But getting there.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pachochay said:
Thank you for the comprehensive explanation, as always.
Just a follow-up question, the validity of the Dubai police clearance is only 6 months(expired this month), do you think they will still request for an updated one? We just finished our medical this week.
Thanks again.
There is no direct relation of completion of IMEs to the need for a new PCC as directed/requested by the VO. Completion of IME only means you have complied to one of the requirements in the admissibility checks. It does not yet mean you have passed the medical admissibility check - that is done via a positive medical assessment of the IME results done by a Medical Officer.

There is no direct relation of the validity of the PCC to the need for a new PCC as directed/requested by the VO. Even if it is expired, it is an official document stating:
- no record of wrongdoing of the person named in the statement up to the time the PCC was issued.

If you have been in Dubai for x amount of years, the PCC is a statement there has been no record since the time you entered Dubai till when the PCC was issued. That is what the VO wants to see as part of the criminality checks - a clean record for places you have legally resided. This will be supplemented by their own security checks that will verify this information as available from countries where Canada has information sharing agreements with law enforcement agencies. If your PCC was issued last month, even if it is valid for 1 year, this PCC only shows information from the time you were in the country up to the time the PCC was issued. It does not mean you will/may not have a record for as long as the PCC is valid. So if there was some wrongdoing done after the PCC was issued - then it will be reflected in your record, but this is not in the already issued PCC. This is why additional security checks are done as part of admissibility, even if you have submitted a PCC, presumably to cover the gap from the issuance of the PCC up to the time of evaluation.

One scenario where the VO may ask for a new PCC is if there is considerable gap between the date issuance of the PCC and the criminality evaluation and if there are significant items identified in their own security checks that need re-verification via a new PCC. Ex. Your PCC was issued Jun 2013, but criminality evaluation was started Jan 2014, 6-months is a significant time period between which there is no criminality data for the applicant, lots of things may have changed since then. So a new PCC is expected to be requested.

../atb

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabs179 said:
OT: By the way, I am still acquainting myself to the phone LDD and all. Medyo nakakalito eh. But getting there.
OT: my reply was not complete - it should have been reason why you need to include the area code, otherwise, if you intend to call someone in Vancouver but do not add the area code, you end up calling the - "the person within the local area code that has the same number". Meaning 444-444-4444 = 333 444-4444 if you only use 7 digits...and end up calling a different person than intended....

you will get used to that sooner than later.... :)../atb

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
Good Day to everyone,

I would like to share this another blessing that I've received a while ago... there are now 3 lines on my e-cas, medical results have been received already.

I would like to ask the seniors... kung lahat eh ok na po ba?? nag rerequest parin po ba ng additional docs ang cic pag nasa ppr stage na po?

PPR is next. ;D

wgz808

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
Personal History
Nomination.....
Oct. 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 6, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted together with my application
File Transfer...
April 11,2014
Med's Request
April 12,2014
Med's Done....
April 16,2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 24,2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 15, 2014
itguy29 said:
Good Day to everyone,

I would like to share this another blessing that I've received a while ago... there are now 3 lines on my e-cas, medical results have been received already.

I would like to ask the seniors... kung lahat eh ok na po ba?? nag rerequest parin po ba ng additional docs ang cic pag nasa ppr stage na po?

PPR is next. ;D

Congrats! Sana kami rin maging mabilis ang process.. :)

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
wgz808 said:
Congrats! Sana kami rin maging mabilis ang process.. :)
it will come ;D just keep on praying. ;D