+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time Line for Vancouver citizenship

balut

Jul 28, 2008
Good Day people! Any idea for BC citizenship applicants? Received and acknowledged my citizenship application last October 11, 2011, so far no word yet from them. any time line please

thanks

E

erikag

Timeline for Vancouver office:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E&type=view&gid=4&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=Vancouver&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Tunci

Jul 13, 2012
I have applied for the citizenship in Vancouver, BC April, 2011 and I have appointment for the test for next Tuesday July 17, 2012. As per my understanding from the timeline I should already have the oath done by now, or not? I can not believe this...

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

The Vancouver Office has been in Back log for a long time and now I don't have any hope of receiving any result in near future because now the Victoria office has also transferred their stuff to this branch. I have the following time line:

Landed in Mar 2006
Citizenship Application Submitted July 2009
Citizenship Application Received August 2009
Received Test Notice November 2010
Test Date December 2010
PR Expired Mar 2012 (Renewed again)
File in process till today(as per online status) although as per CIC Call Center agents file has been completed all security checks twice.

This is the time line @ Vancouver Expo Blvd Branch for me although I have been working and paying taxes and have not left the country except for 50 days.

Now CIC Contact Center reps are saying we cannot help you as the file is @the local office and we have no way to contact them.

Pray for me and Good Luck to all who applied at this office :(

Rose

Zaid21

Mar 17, 2012
Hi Rose,
Sorry don't know how to msg on here or your msging tool is locked
My timeline is as follows:
Applied just 2009
Did the test 2010
But I applied with my parents, and both received RQ so I separated from them and was told that my criminal record is expired.
This was back in may and was told that it takes 6 months for it to be completed.
Still waiting on that. Nothing new.
Plz msg me if you have any questions bc I don't log in that often
Thanks

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi Zaidi,

Thanks for your reply, I also went through the same situation as my spouse go RQ and I requested separation of my file in Mar 2012. Now I amwaiting as they told me it take up to 6 mths and as per call center rep Dec 2012 will be the last month although my second criminal/ background check was cleared in May 2012.

Hope fully something will come up shortly :(

Good Luck :)

checkmate

Oct 25, 2012
@zaid21 and Rosebud,

I don't understand about background check or security check, do we have to send anything ?
You said it takes 6 months to do that, is it done by you or them?

Thanks

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi Checkmate,

The security checks are done by the Citizenship for all new immigrants through RCMP, CBI and Immigration Department in order to confirm that the new cititzens are not criminals kind of internal inquiry. I agree with them on this point and we have nothing to provide but if there is any issue you will only know by contacting the CIC Call Center. So stay in touch with them.

Good Luck :)

Rose

balut

Jul 28, 2008
VANCOUVER:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 7, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 7, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 13, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 11, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hi,

Finally I got a confirmation for my Oath and it will be any time this month. A they have sent a letter and its on the way so after 2 years I will be done. Thanks to God and then Vancouver Office. I have been so frustrated and lost a lot of self confidence that y my file took so long but I think GOD sees you and rewards you if you are on the right path. Since Test in Dec 2010.

Good Luck to all who are waiting :)

Rose

roxy2001

Dec 3, 2012
balut said:
VANCOUVER:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 7, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 7, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 13, 2012.

We sent you a notice on October 11, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Hi balut,

Our timelines are very similar and I had the test same day as you in Vancouver. Any news for you? Thanks.

balut

Jul 28, 2008
roxy2001 said:
Hi balut,

Our timelines are very similar and I had the test same day as you in Vancouver. Any news for you? Thanks.

Hi Roxy, No word yet...the process will take 3-5 mos if you PASS/ meet all the legislative requirements as per their info given to us during the the test.....so let's just wait for a while... :)

roxy2001

Dec 3, 2012
balut said:
Hi Roxy, No word yet...the process will take 3-5 mos if you PASS/ meet all the legislative requirements as per their info given to us during the the test.....so let's just wait for a while... :)
Hi Balut,

Thanks for the update. I am aware of the wait time they mentioned during the test, which I find quite ridiculous, especially when other offices in BC tell applicants their test results on the day of the test...

Anyway, thanks again for the update and please stay in touch- I'll do the same. Cheers!