+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Guys, if you wanna know if you your status changed to “DM”; check your application from this link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
I am trying to use this service but it never worked for me!
Always give an error message saying " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided".
I am entering all information correctly as they appear in my online account and tried different variations of my name, but for no avail

Any idea why it is not working for me? and how to fix it?

p.s. I sent several emails to IRCC help desk and they provided no resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Guys, at what step exactly someone can start the overseas family visa process? I mean after AIP, DM, or CoPR?

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi @Ratmir and @Armaani, my mother's application status is same like yours now, however she received the 'Approval Letter ' way earlier on 2nd of November. It has been 'Decision Made ' for over a month now and no COPR. I've noticed some people get COPR on account without meeting, and others get an appointment letter. It's over a month now and no updates. Here is her timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 28, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 10, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 9, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 22, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on January 29, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.
  8. We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2020 about the decision on your application.
Try to send a web forum! This js crazyy

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi @Ratmir and @Armaani, my mother's application status is same like yours now, however she received the 'Approval Letter ' way earlier on 2nd of November. It has been 'Decision Made ' for over a month now and no COPR. I've noticed some people get COPR on account without meeting, and others get an appointment letter. It's over a month now and no updates. Here is her timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 28, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 10, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 9, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 22, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on January 29, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.
  8. We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2020 about the decision on your application.
Thank you. Yes it is like on the one hand you waiting your application to be completed on the other hand you waiting like you are Pr but you are not. And if just send Pr comformation takes so long I imaginr how long could be Pr card itself.
Yesterday I sent webform message asking how long it could take cause i need to renew my RTD. Lets see what happens. Last time when I sent webform after 10 days received respond. Maybe this time will be not so long.

Many people here still waiting Approval letter. Hope you guys get it very soon. Even today we will have busy morning with a lot of Corps. Good luck to everyone.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I am trying to use this service but it never worked for me!
Always give an error message saying " We were not able to identify you using the information you provided".
I am entering all information correctly as they appear in my online account and tried different variations of my name, but for no avail

Any idea why it is not working for me? and how to fix it?

p.s. I sent several emails to IRCC help desk and they provided no resolution.

Thanks in advance!
I think maybe still double check. Could be something you miss.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Try and share what s there
I am okey I can see. He wrote that he has difficulties that is why i wrote him to doubl check.

Even for my overseas I could check. Before my wife's mailing address was same as mine. But yesterday it was changed. They updated themself. It is now her mailing addres which She wrote in her Forms.

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
Ratmir its happened to me also bcoz I used full name instead Sure name so just used ut last name I mean family name only
I tried everything but for no use! I tried first name, last name, full name different ways to spell my name, every possible combination and way of writing the name but no results.. every time it shows an error message "We were not able to identify you ..etc."

What could be a reason/fix for that error?!

Thanks in advance

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I just checked through this link and it's showing "Decion made" but can't see any changes once I click on DM still not enough info. Please share ur experience where I am ??
Here what happens when i check through this link.
When open written decision made. When clicking takes to another page.
------------

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 12, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on September 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on September 17, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. We sent you correspondence on November 14, 2020 about the decision on your application.
That is all. Nothing more. How about you?

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
I tried everything but for no use! I tried first name, last name, full name different ways to spell my name, every possible combination and way of writing the name but no results.. every time it shows an error message "We were not able to identify you ..etc."

What could be a reason/fix for that error?!

Thanks in advance
You can use track your application online more than a month after the acknowledgement letter. I do not know when you applied but maybe your online account has not been opened yet.

Reactions: Yuki.03

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Here what happens when i check through this link.
When open written decision made. When clicking takes to another page.
------------

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 12, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on September 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on September 17, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. We sent you correspondence on November 14, 2020 about the decision on your application.
That is all. Nothing more. How about you?
The last one means your pr application is completed. You just have to wait for a letter from them mostly likely COPR. No specific time frame. some are still waiting after a month of theirs being completed.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
This s mine plz tell me where I am

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 7, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 29, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on August 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
  7. We sent you correspondence on November 17, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
if it says decision made, that means your application has been completed and you have to wait for your COPR in the mail.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Thanks yuki but why in my application nothing change and also they didn't send me DM thats really frustrating and making me more anxiety
No idea maybe your online profile just isn't updated. the received AIP & APPROVAL/DM letter but my online account only shows medical update and that my app is still in process but the other link says decision made. so yeah more than likely it just hasn't been updated.

Reactions: adbcca and Marsali