+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Bucharest 2011

girlinlove

Jan 26, 2011
Hello...

I was just wondering if anyone knows when the time line for Bucharest (2011)... will be available. Any Romanians on this site waiting gor their visa?

Miguel de Cervantes

Dec 6, 2010
Hello,

My husband and I are going through the process in Bucharest. How far along are you in the process? Have you sent away your application yet? We sent our papers to Mississauga December 20th and they received them December 31st. We got a letter dated Feb. 8th from the embassy in Bucharest saying they had received it. Mar. 15th we received a request for an interview April 12th. Yesterday we had our interview and they said to wait a month for them to reach a decision...well, first they said wait until the beginning of May, but then stretched it until the middle of May, then went on to say that according to the timeline that CIC gives them, they don't owe us an answer until July 31st, and that actually they are moving very quickly with the application (I think they were trying to make us think that they are working really fast, and that we should be grateful to them for this.). So that is where we stand in the process, and I am not sure, but there doesn't seem to be any others in the sponsorship section from the Bucharest embassy.

logicdss

May 10, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
Miguel de Cervantes said:
Hello,

My husband and I are going through the process in Bucharest. How far along are you in the process? Have you sent away your application yet? We sent our papers to Mississauga December 20th and they received them December 31st. We got a letter dated Feb. 8th from the embassy in Bucharest saying they had received it. Mar. 15th we received a request for an interview April 12th. Yesterday we had our interview and they said to wait a month for them to reach a decision...well, first they said wait until the beginning of May, but then stretched it until the middle of May, then went on to say that according to the timeline that CIC gives them, they don't owe us an answer until July 31st, and that actually they are moving very quickly with the application (I think they were trying to make us think that they are working really fast, and that we should be grateful to them for this.). So that is where we stand in the process, and I am not sure, but there doesn't seem to be any others in the sponsorship section from the Bucharest embassy.
Hi,

I am also in the process of sponsoring my wife from Romania. I submitted the first file to CIC on January 21, 2011. Received application approval from CIC on February 28, 2011 and the permanent residence file went to the Bucharest office. They have received it on February 28, 2011 as well. Since then, my wife received the Bar Codes letter from the embassy on March 6, 2011 with her file number. On March 22, 2011 she received her CSQ (Quebec province only). The file is with no Interview necessary. Since Feb. 28, we are waiting and the complete lack of professionalism and competence from the employees at the Bucharest embassy have forced me to escalate the case to a NDP politician that is pressuring the Canadian ambassador in Romania to do something about his staff.

Even if my wife will get her Viza now, I will still write letters to all the politicians that I can and use the lawyer I hired to try and change something in the way these sponsorship files are processed at the different Viza offices. It frustrates me to see how many taxes the government is taking away from every paycheck I get, and yet are unable to offer us, the Canadian citizens, any services in return.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

logicdss said:
Hi,

I am also in the process of sponsoring my wife from Romania. I submitted the first file to CIC on January 21, 2011. Received application approval from CIC on February 28, 2011 and the permanent residence file went to the Bucharest office. They have received it on February 28, 2011 as well. Since then, my wife received the Bar Codes letter from the embassy on March 6, 2011 with her file number. On March 22, 2011 she received her CSQ (Quebec province only). The file is with no Interview necessary. Since Feb. 28, we are waiting and the complete lack of professionalism and competence from the employees at the Bucharest embassy have forced me to escalate the case to a NDP politician that is pressuring the Canadian ambassador in Romania to do something about his staff.

Even if my wife will get her Viza now, I will still write letters to all the politicians that I can and use the lawyer I hired to try and change something in the way these sponsorship files are processed at the different Viza offices. It frustrates me to see how many taxes the government is taking away from every paycheck I get, and yet are unable to offer us, the Canadian citizens, any services in return.
I don't know what you complaint is, since the processing time for 80% of the spousal applications at Bucharest is 6 months, one of the shortest overseas. They have only had your wife's application 3 months.

logicdss

May 10, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
PMM said:
Hi

I don't know what you complaint is, since the processing time for 80% of the spousal applications at Bucharest is 6 months, one of the shortest overseas. They have only had your wife's application 3 months.
And you find it acceptable to have a 6 months delay for no reason what so ever? Or even more for other Viza offices?

A sponsorship application is not the same as a immigration application. All they have to do at the Viza office for sponsorship applications is to attach a paper in the passport. There is no verification of documents, since the CIC and MICC already did it.

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
PMM said:
Hi

I agree with PMM. I'm not saying any of this waiting is easy. It really is horrible being away from your loved one, yet it's only been 3 months. Have some form of patience. I'm going through Islamabad which has a processing time of 21 months and I'm waiting since September 2009 so I'm sorry but I really can't feel sympathy for you being impatient at 3 months. Just relax, do something with your spare time, and hopefully your wait will be over soon.

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
logicdss said:
And you find it acceptable to have a 6 months delay for no reason what so ever? Or even more for other Viza offices?

A sponsorship application is not the same as a immigration application. All they have to do at the Viza office for sponsorship applications is to attach a paper in the passport. There is no verification of documents, since the CIC and MICC already did it.
Actually they do have to verify your documents. CIC-Mississauga only checks to make sure you have sent all the documents but the visa office abroad is responsible for background checks and ensuring that all documents given are authentic. Most of the time the most lengthy part of the process is the background checks. You have to also remember the visa office is dealing with thousands of files not just yours so of course it will take some time.

logicdss

May 10, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. It's not about having patience or about being only 3 months. It's about a delay that is caused for no reason at all. Our tax dollars go to these embassies around the world that do not provide any services at all, or at a level that is unacceptable.

If no one speaks out or does something to try and change this flaw in the system, it will only get worst. This year it's 6 months, in three years it might be 18 months... and so on. Accepting something does not make it right.

logicdss

May 10, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
mahmed17 said:
Actually they do have to verify your documents. CIC-Mississauga only checks to make sure you have sent all the documents but the visa office abroad is responsible for background checks and ensuring that all documents given are authentic. Most of the time the most lengthy part of the process is the background checks. You have to also remember the visa office is dealing with thousands of files not just yours so of course it will take some time.
I'm sorry, but there are no documents to verify. The only documents that pertained to my wife attached to the application were the national ID, the passport and the Police Clearance. That's it. All these documents ARE verified by the CIC - they don't simply look if you included them or not.

What you are referring to applies for normal immigration files where there is a lot more documentation asked from the applicants.

Anyways, sorry if it sounded like I am complaining - I am not. I am simply trying to do something that everyone who is undergoing this process can have a more efficient and transparent experience.

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
logicdss said:
I'm sorry, but there are no documents to verify. The only documents that pertained to my wife attached to the application were the national ID, the passport and the Police Clearance. That's it. All these documents ARE verified by the CIC - they don't simply look if you included them or not.

What you are referring to applies for normal immigration files where there is a lot more documentation asked from the applicants.

Anyways, sorry if it sounded like I am complaining - I am not. I am simply trying to do something that everyone who is undergoing this process can have a more efficient and transparent experience.

I don't think you know much about the immigration system in Canada if you think all they have to do is "put a sticker in her passport"...it is a known fact and something I have asked myself that CIC-missisauga does NOT do any of the background verification. And the procedures for "normal immigration" that you are talking about apply to sponsoring your spouse as well...or did you think Canada would let in anyone without verification and background checks? All the documents you sent in when you applied for your wife will be checked for any misinformation, her educational documents, ID, passport copy, police certificates will all be verified as well. If you order your caips notes you will see all of this information in there.

Read up about Canadian immigration and the procedure for overseas applications http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Before saying things that are not real. And listen, it's not that I'm saying delaying files is a good thing it definitely isn't but you need to stop over simplifying what actually happens and verse yourself on what they actually do rather than make assumptions. If you read the manual which link I just posted you will see that in fact there is a whole procedure and unfortunately we all are subjected to go through it.

Hopefully sometime in the future maybe some new system can be introduced that will be more efficient but until then we can't do anything. We just have to wait and see when our turn will come up. As of now my husbands background checks are complete so hopefully don't have much longer to wait

logicdss

May 10, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
File Transfer...
28-02-2011
mahmed17 said:
I don't think you know much about the immigration system in Canada if you think all they have to do is "put a sticker in her passport"...it is a known fact and something I have asked myself that CIC-missisauga does NOT do any of the background verification. And the procedures for "normal immigration" that you are talking about apply to sponsoring your spouse as well...or did you think Canada would let in anyone without verification and background checks? All the documents you sent in when you applied for your wife will be checked for any misinformation, her educational documents, ID, passport copy, police certificates will all be verified as well. If you order your caips notes you will see all of this information in there.

Read up about Canadian immigration and the procedure for overseas applications

Before saying things that are not real. And listen, it's not that I'm saying delaying files is a good thing it definitely isn't but you need to stop over simplifying what actually happens and verse yourself on what they actually do rather than make assumptions. If you read the manual which link I just posted you will see that in fact there is a whole procedure and unfortunately we all are subjected to go through it.

Hopefully sometime in the future maybe some new system can be introduced that will be more efficient but until then we can't do anything. We just have to wait and see when our turn will come up. As of now my husbands background checks are complete so hopefully don't have much longer to wait
Of course there is a verification process in place at the local embassy - otherwise we would be flooded with religious extremists and terrorists of all kinds. However, and this has nothing to do with the document you linked in your post, 6 months or more in extreme cases for a simple background check or whatever they have to verify is too long and unjustified. I understand that in some cases at some embasies, they are overwhelmed with files (like in the case of the Islamabad embasy where there are more sponsorship files than immigration files due to all the arranged marriages), but accepting it and claiming that you cannot do nothing just turns you into a sheep. You live in Canada and your rights are well defined. If something does not make sense, you can change it. Your voice actually has a value in this country.

As for me being well versed in the immigration system and process in Canada, trust me, I am more than that. But I do understand your aggresive post twoards me being that you have been waiting for so long and are still waiting when for other Viza offices around the world the wait is so much shorter.

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
logicdss said:
Of course there is a verification process in place at the local embassy - otherwise we would be flooded with religious extremists and terrorists of all kinds. However, and this has nothing to do with the document you linked in your post, 6 months or more in extreme cases for a simple background check or whatever they have to verify is too long and unjustified. I understand that in some cases at some embasies, they are overwhelmed with files (like in the case of the Islamabad embasy where there are more sponsorship files than immigration files due to all the arranged marriages), but accepting it and claiming that you cannot do nothing just turns you into a sheep. You live in Canada and your rights are well defined. If something does not make sense, you can change it. Your voice actually has a value in this country.

As for me being well versed in the immigration system and process in Canada, trust me, I am more than that. But I do understand your aggresive post twoards me being that you have been waiting for so long and are still waiting when for other Viza offices around the world the wait is so much shorter.
If you felt like my post towards you was aggressive then I apologize that's not what I was meaning to do. Rather, the way you spoke from your earlier messages made it seem like there is nothing to getting a visa, just a sticker on a passport. Anyway all of that aside, the Islamabad embassy has never been this slow the timeline increased from 9 to 21 months in the past year although now the Islamabad embassy doesn't deal with some immigration files. And you are right we should speak up about this, it is our right. Like I said earlier, I am not disagreeing with you that times should be shortened and families shouldn't be kept apart. And in fact, if you would see on the Islamabad forum we have started to voice our opinion in our communities- however small the action hopefully one day it will get noticed.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
What I would like to know is how come it takes 6 months in say for e.g. Bucharest and 10 months for just 1st stage approval for inland applicants? Does it not take the same amount of time to do background checks on people whether you are in Bucharest or in Canada? Just a thought!