+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time is running and I need answers to these Qs so I can submit my application!

souseh

Sep 10, 2014
I would like to apply for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered before I can officially work on my application:
1- My name in my old passport was spelt as Sara Abdul Manam Alhaj. It was spelt the same way on my BA degree, which I obtained in 2009. However, upon the renewal of my passport in 2010, I requested the Consulate General of Syria in Dubai to have my name spelt as Sarah Abdul Munem Al Haj in the new passport. Hence, my name in my current passport is different from my name on my BA degree, for which I am required to obtain an ECA report. Is it a problem that the spelling of my name on my degree, transcript and ECA report is different from that in my passport, national ID and other documents? If it is a problem, what am I supposed to do to solve it?
2- Regarding the national ID that we have to provide a copy of, is it the same national ID issued by the Emirates Identity Authority?
3- I was married in Feb and divorced in Aug, do I have to include both the marriage and divorce certificates in my application?
4- I studied English Language and Translation at Ajman University, am I still required to sit for an IELTS test?
5- About my travels, there were times when I traveled to a certain city in a country but visited other cities for a day or two. Am I supposed to include the names of all the cities I visited? If yes, can I write them all in the same slot?
6- What is the number of Al Taawun Street in Sharjah?
7- Are postal codes used here in the UAE?
8- Can I provide a copy of my Individual Civil Registry Record instead of my birth certificate? I cannot obtain a birth certificate due to the current situation in my city of birth, which has fallen under the control of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
9- What are the documents that I need to provide the original copies of?

These are my questions so far and I would really appreciate your help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IELTS is mandatory for everyone.

If you haven't taken the general IELTS test yet then you are still several months away from being able to apply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You might also want to tell us what NOC you plan to apply under. Some NOCs have already capped or are very close to capping.

souseh

Sep 10, 2014
Thank you for your response Scylla.

I intend to apply as a translator. The cap of translators hasnt been reached yet.

When is the deadline for submitting my application?

And how long does an IELTS test result take to come out?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
souseh said:
I would like to apply for immigration to Canada as a skilled worker. However, I have a few questions that need to be answered before I can officially work on my application:
1- My name in my old passport was spelt as Sara Abdul Manam Alhaj. It was spelt the same way on my BA degree, which I obtained in 2009. However, upon the renewal of my passport in 2010, I requested the Consulate General of Syria in Dubai to have my name spelt as Sarah Abdul Munem Al Haj in the new passport. Hence, my name in my current passport is different from my name on my BA degree, for which I am required to obtain an ECA report. Is it a problem that the spelling of my name on my degree, transcript and ECA report is different from that in my passport, national ID and other documents? If it is a problem, what am I supposed to do to solve it? You will need to attach a cover letter to your application explaining the difference in your names across the different documents
2- Regarding the national ID that we have to provide a copy of, is it the same national ID issued by the Emirates Identity Authority? I believe that is correct for your country but it is not compulsory
3- I was married in Feb and divorced in Aug, do I have to include both the marriage and divorce certificates in my application? Yes, you have to declare these and provide both documents
4- I studied English Language and Translation at Ajman University, am I still required to sit for an IELTS test? Yes, you must sit the general test of IELTS
5- About my travels, there were times when I traveled to a certain city in a country but visited other cities for a day or two. Am I supposed to include the names of all the cities I visited? If yes, can I write them all in the same slot? Try to be as detailed as you can. You can not cram your travels into one slot, rather concentrate on the places you spent up to a week to reduce the tediousness of capturing every single travel
6- What is the number of Al Taawun Street in Sharjah? You will have to find out yourself. Try Google or call a resident of the area
7- Are postal codes used here in the UAE? Again, use Google
8- Can I provide a copy of my Individual Civil Registry Record instead of my birth certificate? I cannot obtain a birth certificate due to the current situation in my city of birth, which has fallen under the control of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Birth certificates are requested but affidavit of birth attested to by either of your parents or guardian with your parents names indicated are accepted
9- What are the documents that I need to provide the original copies of? Check the Document Checklist for this

These are my questions so far and I would really appreciate your help!
Hi see above, note that the numbers you see on the CIC site indicate the applications which have been issued PERs - Positive Eligibility review, not the total applications received. CIC is still processing applications received in May. Once a total of 1000 applications are received for your NOC no more will be accepted. You better hurry as the FSW program will cease on April 30, 2015 or when global cap of 25,000 applications is reached. You can find out about IELTS results timeline on their website. All the best.

souseh

Sep 10, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi see above, note that the numbers you see on the CIC site indicate the applications which have been issued PERs - Positive Eligibility review, not the total applications received. CIC is still processing applications received in May. Once a total of 1000 applications are received for your NOC no more will be accepted. You better hurry as the FSW program will cease on April 30, 2015 or when global cap of 25,000 applications is reached. You can find out about IELTS results timeline on their website. All the best.
Thanks a lot Pipis Husband. I truly appreciate your response.

However, I still have a few more Qs.

Q1: Regarding the change in the spelling of my name, do I need to answer with "Yes" to the question "Have you ever used a different name...?" in the generic application form?

Q2: With regard to the birth certificate, will it not suffice if I send my individual civil registry record with a letter explaining why I cannot obtain a birth certificate?