+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ties to my country

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
Bryanna said:
You can submit:
A copy of the lease agreement (if it is not in English..... then translated into English by a certified translator + a certified copy of the original document + affidavit from the translator stating the translation is true and accurate) + most recent 3-4 rent receipts + proofs showing bank/cheque payments for the rent

Proofs that you pay his tuition fees/school trips + his birth certificate + any other proofs that he is dependent on you for his financial/general well being
HI Bryanna!

Can you give sample documents proofing that applicant paying the tuition fee of his child. School Registration?

angelicgil

Dec 7, 2017
hello, I will be applying a tourist visa next month to visit my husband who is a Canadian citizen. I read somewhere that since I am married to a Canadian, I have ties to Canada and therefore, there is a chance that they will reject my visa application thinking that I might overstay.
I am currently employed but I applied for a 3-month vacation although on my itinerary, I said that I will only visit for 3 weeks. I've been with the company for 7 years but I have no property under my name. Do you think I have a chance of getting approved?

aBc_1990

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Property on your dad's name will not help even though you are an only child..... if you have the legal authority to represent your dad for this property then it can help to some extent.

You must show strong ties of your own (employment/financial investments/family, etc)
What in case of Power of Attorney ? Would it be helpful ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What in case of Power of Attorney ? Would it be helpful ?
Have you represented the person who has issued the PoA in your favor for any matter? If yes, you'll need to include evidence to indicate the same.

Does that person reside in the same country as yourself? If yes, the PoA may not be such a strong document in your application.

I recommend that you assess your application as a complete package instead of as one-off documents

aBc_1990

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Have you represented the person who has issued the PoA in your favor for any matter? If yes, you'll need to include evidence to indicate the same.

Does that person reside in the same country as yourself? If yes, the PoA may not be such a strong document in your application.

I recommend that you assess your application as a complete package instead of as one-off documents
Yes he gave me power of attorney cause i am their only child living here with them rest of them are abroad and i am only child helping them financially here and due to his illness he represented me power of attorney

Though he is in same country as me obviously he is my father
I also shows his medical document showing he is going through psychotherapy and i take him to hospital once every month and i have to take him till march 2018. Letter is attested by hospital and medical supridentent.

I also showed proofs that my all siblings are aborad so i am only one living with my parents and this is the reason i came back from UK soon after completing my studies and doing good job having 80k pakistani rupees job from last 10 months.

So proofs of my parents living in Pakistan and i am living with them in same house and their Power of Attorney of 8 Million PKR Property, their medical certificate, my job letter, also proofs of my siblings living abroad, my dad retirement papers of 2010. Are they enough to show strong ties ?

Last edited: