+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for the people who sent application to CPC-M btwn 20 July to 20 Aug

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Not all of them have received their PPR request a large number of people who applied to the Singaopre offcice havent received theirs

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
I GOT MY PPR!!!!!!!!!

I got an email today that I nearly thought was junk but was actually from Detroit saying that they are ready to issue my visa!! Will they send me something in the mail also?

OMG I honestly thought this day would not even happen lol it felt so long but was actually a very quick timeline which I am thankful for.

Visa Office was Buffalo and then Detroit. I am from the UK.
Time line:
Application recieved: 7 July 2009
Sponsorship approved: 5 August 2009
Started working in Buffalo: 17 August 2009
Expedited to Detroit: 8 September 2009
PPR : 1 December 2009

:)

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hello everyone, congratulations for those who got approved. Here is my time line.

Application Sent - August 4, 2009
Received by CIC - August 5, 2009
Sponsorship Approved - September 3, 2009
Sponsorship & CSQ Application sent to MICC - September 7, 2009
Started Processing by local visa office - September 25, 2009
Sponsorship & CSQ Approved by MICC -October 7, 2009
Passport Request via email - November 24, 2009
Passport Sent Personally to local visa office - same day
Visa with Passport Received - same day after waiting for 2 hours!

Wow.. this is totally unbelievable! I'm landing at Montreal Trudeau Airport on December 16, 2009, just in time for Christmas. The visa office instructed me to bring along the Confirmation of Permanent Resident to the port of landing and sign it there upon arrival. Question is when will I receive the Permanent Resident Card and do I need to pay additional fee? Is there any other application forms I need to fill-up to get my card or will this be done automatically by the immigration officer upon landing? I understand that it usually takes about 30 days to mail the PR card, is that so.? Is there any other process?

Many thanks for your reply.

arewethereyet

Sep 2, 2009
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Passport Req..
22-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-12-2009
@ showell

Congratulations! I am due to land at Halifax Airport on the 10th of December, and from what I understand the landing process + interview with the officer at landing is the 'stimulus' for the production of the PR Card and they will confirm your address in Canada to send the Card to once it has been produced at the appropriate office. There does seem to be problems with the renewal of PR Cards http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

Did you get a 2 sheet document which gives landing advice. On there it lists a number of other things that you need to do after the 'landing' process. Things related to heathcare and employment documentation.

I assume you have already done your goods accompanying / goods to follow lists (if any).

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
I got my passport back today :) A complete surprise as I only sent it on Wednesday and today is Monday. 5 days!!!! Detroit must be on the ball lol They also returned our pictures we submitted as proof.

So now we're going to do a border landing tomorrow as long as the weather is good and my gf gets off work early enough. :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Ssarah183 said:
I got my passport back today :) A complete surprise as I only sent it on Wednesday and today is Monday. 5 days!!!! Detroit must be on the ball lol They also returned our pictures we submitted as proof.

So now we're going to do a border landing tomorrow as long as the weather is good and my gf gets off work early enough. :)
Congrats! :)

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hi arewethereyet, Congratulations! It really feels great to be landing soon!:)

You mentioned about 2 page sheet of landing advice, I'm afraid I don't have it. Can you advice me where I can get this pls, any website link?
Many thanks.

arewethereyet

Sep 2, 2009
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2009
Passport Req..
22-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-12-2009
Hi showell, thanks.

That landing advice sheet(s) was in the envolope I got back from the London Visa Office, with my CoPR and Passport w/visa attached. It's headed up Instructions and Informations. The code at the back of the second sheet is A100, but I have done some searching on the web and I don't think it is on general release (It may be specific to the London Office as it has their address at the top)

scorpio2009

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi..

I
My time line is as
approved on 14 sep,
Process started/transfered :New Delhi on 26 Sep.
Document Requested by CHC,ND on 10 Nov(-10 postal delay) .
Sent requested doc (divorce application and judjementfor my wife/sponser) on 17nov,reached CHC,ND on 18 Nov.
today is 10dec still I am waiting any news from CHC.
What should i do??
Should i wait or email inquiry to CHC,ND.
I hv mailed medical,PCC,PR fees already with application.I m divorcee too.
pl guide

thank you,
scorpio

Artymow

Oct 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone!

A little update: My e-cas PR Status changed to DECISION MADE today!! Now it says:

We started processing XXX application on October 14, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on XXX application. The office will contact XXX concerning this decision.

What does this mean? Accepted? Do I wait for my PPR now? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations! :)

bobbie

Dec 3, 2009
i am new here... my husband submitted our application last Aug 27 and had our passport request last October 16. I sent our passports (my daughter's and mine) wih personal history details last Oct 27. I did not get any reply nor updates from the embassy since then. How long do we have to wait for our passport and visa? We were victims of the typhoon from the Philippines and I heard that they were fast tracking the visas of all typhoon victims. I hope that we can get our visa soon. Do I have tp write them about our situation? will it cause some problems? Please advice me!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They picked over 420 application for expedited processing, but the special period is now over, and they are not offering this service any more.

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
I received my passport back on Wednesday, we sent our application off 22nd July, so fit into this thread. My wife lives in Vancouver and I live in Wales, although in about a month I will be in Vancouver too. Our application was very smooth with only a request for a form which I missed in the initial application pack. :)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I applied in early August (outland conjugal partner), got my PPR in early November (just less than 3 months), landed Nov. 12 and received my PR card on Dec. 10. Got my SIN, my Ontario driver's license, headed back home for Christmas bringing goods to follow after the new year, import my car... Then, I am DONE!!
;D