Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello everyone I have a question well my hubby has to redo his medicals and we want to send everything asap and safe so we decide to mail everything with a courier service now my question is which address do we write

The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
13 Calle 8-44, Zona 10,
Edificio Edyma Plaza, 6th Floor
Guatemala City

or

The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 400
Guatemala City
Guatemala

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Alex121 said:
Hello everyone I have a question well my hubby has to redo his medicals and we want to send everything asap and safe so we decide to mail everything with a courier service now my question is which address do we write

The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
13 Calle 8-44, Zona 10,
Edificio Edyma Plaza, 6th Floor
Guatemala City

or....
hey alex, great to see that you're advancing with your application. I'm sorry I don't have a solid answer for that but I think it'd be safe to assume that you will send your package to the first address and I'm basing my assumption on the fact that most courier companies deliver straight to offices' street addresses anyways, and that's a fact. If in doubt, I'd suggest calling your courier company and ask them.

Good luck and hope that things go well for you from here on ;)

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Aneyshar said:
hey alex, great to see that you're advancing with your application. I'm sorry I don't have a solid answer for that but I think it'd be safe to assume that you will send your package to the first address and I'm basing my assumption on the fact that most courier companies deliver straight to offices' street addresses anyways, and that's a fact. If in doubt, I'd suggest calling your courier company and ask them.

Good luck and hope that things go well for you from here on ;)
It's the first. Guatemala replied to my email with that very question in June.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks I was thinking it was the first because courier companies send straight to offices not to po boxes lol but I still was wondering lol but thanks amberrojas and aneyshar, my hubby still hasnt gotten his his medicals forms there coming in this months correspondence but till day nothing yet we are hoping for today or monday the lastest, but at least we are near the end but still we wont feel 100% sure until we have passport in our hands with visa lol Good luck for all those still waitiing :D

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
We just heard today that they received the dhl shipment from Guatemala in Costa Rica and my husbands passport wasn't one of the lucky ones..AGAIN. Now, his medicals and criminal check expire next week and the week after. Does he just go re-do them, or do we have to wait till they request them? I am just wondering if the paper work will be different than when it was the original medicals etc. They haven't sent a letter requesting them since as of today they are still valid. Only for 1-2 more weeks though. By the time the next shipment goes to Costa Rica approx Sept. 15, they will already be expired. I want to get on top of this right away.

Thanks.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amberrojas said:
We just heard today that they received the dhl shipment from Guatemala in Costa Rica and my husbands passport wasn't one of the lucky ones..AGAIN. Now, his medicals and criminal check expire next week and the week after. Does he just go re-do them, or do we have to wait till they request them? I am just wondering if the paper work will be different than when it was the original medicals etc. They haven't sent a letter requesting them since as of today they are still valid. Only for 1-2 more weeks though. By the time the next shipment goes to Costa Rica approx Sept. 15, they will already be expired. I want to get on top of this right away.

Thanks.
They most probably will ask you to the redo them unless you're ready to land and assuming you receive your passport with the visa before the meds expire.

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
dakonej said:
They most probably will ask you to the redo them unless you're ready to land and assuming you receive your passport with the visa before the meds expire.
Yes, I know he will have to re-do. Should we wait till they request to re-do them or just do it now. Either way, they expire before the next batch of passports.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amberrojas said:
Yes, I know he will have to re-do. Should we wait till they request to re-do them or just do it now. Either way, they expire before the next batch of passports.
I would say wait until they send you the formal request. If you see for example alex121's post

Alex121 said:
Thanks I was thinking it was the first because courier companies send straight to offices not to po boxes lol but I still was wondering lol but thanks amberrojas and aneyshar, my hubby still hasnt gotten his his medicals forms there coming in this months correspondence but till day nothing yet we are hoping for today or monday the lastest, but at least we are near the end but still we wont feel 100% sure until we have passport in our hands with visa lol Good luck for all those still waitiing :D
she has to wait for the forms from the visa office in order for her husband to get new medicals done. So it seems like that is the right way to do them, they ask you, they send you the forms and try to submit as quick as possible.

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
dakonej said:
I would say wait until they send you the formal request. If you see for example alex121's post

she has to wait for the forms from the visa office in order for her husband to get new medicals done. So it seems like that is the right way to do them, they ask you, they send you the forms and try to submit as quick as possible.
Thanks so much

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Hey amberrojas dont worry u will be at the end soon am upset too because they called me stating that in this months mall my husbands medical forms were coming and nothing so I emailed them on monday and em in san jose when we live in perez zeledon and I traveled 5 hrs and for nothing am soo upset I hope my hubbys passport isnt lost :( all keep u guys updated

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
That's so stupid that they do stuff like that. My husband lives hours away as well, and that's not fair you went all that way for nothing.
I received this last week via email....

Thank you for your electronic message.

We have reviewed in our system the application for Mr. ***** and we found that to be able to continue with his process, the results of the verification of the fingerprints with the RCMP are pending. This is a process that takes 4 to 6 months to receive back a reply. We have sent the fingerprints for verification with the RCMP on April 07. We have sent a message to the RCMP requesting information about the fingerprints

The medical exams may be required since are valid until September 09. As soon as we have new information, you will be contacted and informed about the medical exams and the Police Certificate.

who knows how long it will be now....cause we must wait for those to clear and then also to do the medicals again whenever they finally request them.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Ya I know I so get u like they think we live in san jose if I lived there it wouldnt bother me so much and the thing is that they said august 19 the package is leaving our office please be attentive in recieving the correspondence and get the medicals done as soon as possilbe so we can issue the visa am like ok fine so we left monday morning and around 1:30pm we called they said the package arrived and I asked her if there was soemthing under my hubby name and nothing am like can u double check and nothing I was soo upset and my husband even worse so we emailed the vo right away and until today no answer am soo mad why would they lie to me like at least email me and say its not coming so I dont have to go to san jose for nothing now am waiting to see what they say if my package is lost or they nevered sent anything so lets wait and see what they say, and thats soo gay because of the rcmp ur case is taking soo damm long hopefully everything will get cleared soon so we can all go home and be happy :) keep me and the thread updated

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
MrsCasanova said:
ok great let me know how it goes!
Hello Ms Casanova

I hope you are doing great
with your hubby back in Canada

I was wondering, since you have always been so helpfull
Do you know what it means when the Canadian embassy in guatemala says to you:\
You have a package you need to pick up in order to proceed with your process

I have no idea PLEASE HELP ME

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hello Everyone
I have received an e-mail from Guatemala saying to pick up an " ENVELOPE " in order be able to continue with the process.

Not passport has been request.

Any thoughts anyone??

THanks

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
felicity01 said:
Hello Everyone
I have received an e-mail from Guatemala saying to pick up a package in order be able to continue with the process.

Not passport has been request.

Any thoughts anyone??

THanks
It may be the passport request. I'm assuming that's what you meant that it hasn't been requested yet. If it hasn't that might be the paper asking for it. When you go to SJO, take the passport with you to mail it with DHL.