+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmhughes said:
I had my entire application sent back to me at the first stage (sponsorship) from Mississauga because we missed a signature on one of the forms AND we didn't include the name of the applicant and the date it was taken on the back of one photo per set. However, other people on this forum never touched the back of their passport photos with a pen and they were fine! So I guess it depends on who reviews your application, but I would rather be safe than sorry...Saying that, having forgotten the above we were delayed by approx. 2 weeks or so. Not the end of the world but really frustrating.
What form did you miss the signature on?

What was the length of time between arrival at Mississauga, and you getting it back?

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
Baloo said:
What form did you miss the signature on?

What was the length of time between arrival at Mississauga, and you getting it back?
I can't remember the form number (and it was the old application) but it was the one where you declare that you have no dependents. So my husband wrote n/a and signed the bottom of the form. However, underneath the dependents declaration there is a separate signature area that he missed that looks like it is part of the table where you include your dependent's names. So in essence, he only signed the top bit about not having a wife in the UK and the bottom of the form I guess declaring that everything is legit. I even reviewed it and missed the signature too. And to be honest with you, it took me a few minutes to locate the missing signature on that page when the returned the application to us!

We sent out our application the end of September and it was returned and stuffed in our mailbox about six weeks later. However, they wrote the incorrect postal code on the envelope (it was clearly a typo). So it took a bit longer to get to our apartment. But they included a sticker to put on our application envelope so it would go straight to the same CIC officer who was originally reviewing it. Within a week to a week and a half after sending it back we received an ECAS update that they made a decision a few days later we received a letter saying that I was approved to sponsor my husband. So all in all, it was a quick turnaround.

mmhughes

Star Member
Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
File Transfer...
17-11-2010
Med's Done....
23-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
Baloo said:
Sounds like IMM 5406, it is too easy to miss that one.
WOW! What a memory! All I can remember is the IMM bit ;)

funkygunner

Jan 19, 2011
So, has anyone else been waiting a while for their passport to arrive? I sent my passport to London on 20th January, a day after I received the PPR. Still eagerly waiting for it! :D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmhughes said:
WOW! What a memory! All I can remember is the IMM bit ;)
My entire application is in a huge PDF file on my Apple Mac - searches are too easy.... No memory cells were damaged during this search ;D

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
funkygunner said:
So, has anyone else been waiting a while for their passport to arrive? I sent my passport to London on 20th January, a day after I received the PPR. Still eagerly waiting for it! :D
Am so glad you have posted this, I have started worrying a bit that London has had my passport way too long, but they have had mine since 20th January as well. Am trying to fit in landing next time my husband has 10 days off from 25th February, or I'll have to wait through his next 21 days on, so we can go and land. Not holding my breath for this one, hopefully next time off!

funkygunner

Jan 19, 2011
MandiF said:
Am so glad you have posted this, I have started worrying a bit that London has had my passport way too long, but they have had mine since 20th January as well. Am trying to fit in landing next time my husband has 10 days off from 25th February, or I'll have to wait through his next 21 days on, so we can go and land. Not holding my breath for this one, hopefully next time off!
Hope it works out quickly for you! It seemed as though before christmas people were receiving their passports and visas within 10 days or so. If I knew it it was going to take this long, I would have sent and collected the passport in person myself...

motul2000

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Oct-2010
File Transfer...
04-Nov-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
MandiF said:
MandiF: I just don't understand why it took ages to return our passports....my ECAS still no update at all!!
My PPR letter said contact the Visa Office if you have not heard from them within 30 working days since you subimitted your passport!!!!!

Hope we all get back our passports very soon>_<

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
We are about to finish the application. Just going to number all the pages now and sign the back of each page. Just a question my girlfriend asked me to ask. Should we write both our names and DOB on the back of every page or just one name (application or sponsor) and that persons DOB on the back of every page. Can't wait to have this done...

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Crillz said:
We are about to finish the application. Just going to number all the pages now and sign the back of each page. Just a question my girlfriend asked me to ask. Should we write both our names and DOB on the back of every page or just one name (application or sponsor) and that persons DOB on the back of every page. Can't wait to have this done...
I didn't do that, does it say to do that?

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
no sorry, she just told me she read it on here that some people were doing that incase a sheet got misplaced.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Yay for you!! Congratulations.

funkygunner

Jan 19, 2011
Thank you, hopefully other people will get their passports back today too. I'll post my timeline:

Application received on 6th October 2010 by Mississauga
Letter sent on November 4th (sponsorship approved on 17th), and application forwarded to London
"In Process" in London on 25th of November
PPR received on 19th January 2011, passport sent on 20th
Passport, visa and COPR received today on 15th February!

Can't wait to see my wife! :D